Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

ETAPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there is a video guide but is in spanish for now
i guess my main problem is when importing a NeoGeo game i get this. it tries to extract the rom
neogeo_import.jpg

Last edited by ETAPRIME,

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i guess my main problem is when importing a NeoGeo game i get this. it tries to extract the rom
neogeo_import.jpg
ok, this is easy to do, you need 7zip right click the game then
UW8umKs.png
and open the 7z file on Hakchi2 and it will load the zip, it worked for my mame games

Reactions: biff

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you using MGBA? the core pcm added? how does it run for GBA games? i want add leaf green and emerald :O
Mgba. I tried vba next first because it worked fine previously on 2.11. But I did it wrong and by the time I figured out what I had done wrong I already had mgba on. :)

Reactions: jelmer

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Added PC Engine core, changed home button combo in RetroArch: now you can enter RA's in-game menu by pressing Select + Start on the controller.
https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

Thanks pcm720!!

Small request if possible: Could you add support for the "gg" (Game Gear) so that it uses the Genplus-gx core? Hopefully we'll have some Game Gear specific icons at some point (right now it looks like the system is always clumped with SMS).

Reactions: NESCLASSIC

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else getting the C4 error when trying to save a suspend state for SNES games? Secret of Mana 1 and 2, Scooby Doo Mystery all do it. May just be my setup, but curious if anyone else has gotten this error...

I have and can used suspend states for other SNES and Genesis roms

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that when you get cover art from google on SNES its all whack and square like, I found this site http://www.thecoverproject.net/ and was able search for SNES games find some cool covers crop the back of the cover of so its only front of cover like this for F-zero Example http://imgur.com/a/pAEa4

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/customcovers

Here is a few covers for some popular SNES games I did already :)

Also here is some awesome ICONS for SNES/genesis/NES etc I also added a GBC icon I found, ( this pack is not mind I found it )

http://www.filedropper.com/ultimateconsoleiconpackbysykonist

Last edited by kingj,
Reactions: HecklerJH

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the config file where you can tell Hakchi how to identify a file extension? Right now it doesn't recognize a .32x file.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What GBA yes are worth putting on here (5-10). I never played GBA
I never had a gba either. I just really love crash and the only systems that had those games were ps and xbox and gba. That's why I got 4 of them and they will probably be only gba I put on. Oh well now they work :))))

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Can i ask if i wish to add mega drive roms do i just add using hakchi 2 or do i need to add other files?
Using hakchi2 should be fine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another proof of Neo Geo games running from NESCE GUI on Hakchi2 2.12

It's the same that other cores don't added on RetroArch module. It's necessary to put the cores and the bin calling him.
Also in this NeoGeo games... I think It's pretty for 1 game to put on GUI... but If you but more, best use for RA, because you NEED to put in game folder rom and BIOS (.zip) so... It's good to make a video, but useless. Perhaps If the folder size limit would be aumented, this isn't a problem...

Please, enjoy.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

DocFishz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So MGBA runs GBA games fine?
It runs them better than the original core but it could be better. I've encountered some inconvenient slowdown on Gunstar Superheroes and Sonic Advance 2+3. For the most part with other games it works great though (Spider-Man Mysterio's Menace, Sonic Advance 1, Pinball of the Dead seemed to be fine).

Last edited by DocFishz,

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't copy games in folder management from folder to folder , I'm trying to create a game genie folder so my plan was to add the same game again to the program and add cheats to the second copy of the game then move it to the genie folder, but when i add the same game again it doesn't show up in the app ,is like the program knows is already there and ignores it

is there a workaround to this ?

Last edited by PlaystationTV,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
It runs them better than the original core but it could be better. I've encountered some inconvenient slowdown on Gunstar Superheroes and Sonic Advance 2+3. For the most part with other games it works great though (Spider-Man Mysterio's Menace, Sonic Advance 1, Pinball of the Dead seemed to be fine).
And Mario Kart - Super Circuit?
With default doesn't appear rivals and isn't good framerate. vba_next has rivals, but same frame rate.

Rgs.
@PlaystationTV
The problem is if is the same game, hakchi2 replaces it. Check the other and will be without cover.

Rgs.

@chillmodious Doesn't affect be same CRC? Only change the name, works?

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't copy games in folder management from folder to folder , I'm trying to create a game genie folder so my plan was to add the same game again to the program and add cheats to the second copy of the game, but when i add the same game again it doesn't show up in the app ,is like the program knows is already there and ignores it

is there a workaround to this ?
Make a copy of the ROM file, rename it, then add it. The program won't let you add two files with the same name.

Reactions: nesito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.