Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Would they need to be zip files or can I exctract all and do 30 per folder and be ok?
Hakchi2 let add games in .nes .fds or .zip format , It permit add 1, 2 or what you like (8XX I see in GBX.ru YT video).
I recommends you to use folders. 200 NES games are need to be played(and replayed), only for this... I recommend you use folders.
30 games per folder will be ok. Next Cluster version of Hakchi2 will be better but you can made this and start enjoying the extra features(and games) that add to mini.

Rgs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok i changed it but its still saying c6: this suspend point is not usable please deleate the suspend point from the suspend point list
Which game?

Rgs.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Cluster will you also have an alternative DISPLAY setting for older real 4:3 CRT's ? As opposed to running the NESCE on an LCD ? Again this is what I'm experiencing on my CRT that doesn't have HDMI inputs, using a Hdmi to RCA adapter the screen is letter boxing / pillar boxing within the 4:3 CRT. The original NES FILLS the FULL SCREEN where as the NES Classic doesn't seem to DISPLAY the proper aspect ratio on a traditional TV. Can a scaller / be implemented to output / FILL the screen on a traditional CRT 4:3 ?
Untitled_5.jpg
Get a N8 cart and a real NES, the purpose of the NESCE is to be displayed on modern TVs.

Last edited by jelmer,
Reactions: LinksAsleeping

dirtybird31771

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakchi2 let add games in .nes .fds or .zip format , It permit add 1, 2 or what you like (8XX I see in GBX.ru YT video).
I recommends you to use folders. 200 NES games are need to be played(and replayed), only for this... I recommend you use folders.
30 games per folder will be ok. Next Cluster version of Hakchi2 will be better but you can made this and start enjoying the extra features(and games) that add to mini.

Rgs.

Which game?

Rgs.
retroarch when i try to pull it up

LinksAsleeping

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster will you also have an alternative DISPLAY setting for older real 4:3 CRT's ? As opposed to running the NESCE on an LCD ? Again this is what I'm experiencing on my CRT that doesn't have HDMI inputs, using a Hdmi to RCA adapter the screen is letter boxing / pillar boxing within the 4:3 CRT. The original NES FILLS the FULL SCREEN where as the NES Classic doesn't seem to DISPLAY the proper aspect ratio on a traditional TV. Can a scaller / be implemented to output / FILL the screen on a traditional CRT 4:3 ?
Untitled_5.jpg

Have you tried all of the video output modes on the NES mini?

You might ask this question on the forums on Nintendo's website. You will probably get a quicker answer there. This doesn't seem to be a priority here.

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NTSC .ZIP (of Licensed) Set is approximately 66.2MB...

Where as the UNZIPPED .nes set of the NTSC Licensed games is about 140MB.

The NES Emulator / actual one that Nintendo implemented can't read .zip files as far as I know, and would need to use Retroarch. So basically you would essentially be using Nintendo's GUI to select games via running in the background Linux, and realistically using FCEUX which is actually a better Emulator than Nintendo's is (Arguable due to various reasons).

Additionally with the added Images (thumb art_ box art folders) required to jazz up the game selection screen / GUI adds up anywhere from 85kb-150kb per game so x the 650 +/- NTSC Library you get an additional 65mb That puts you at about 200MB+/- without save states...

Save States are also taking up room as well... .

Benefit to RetroArch is that you can use ZIP files conserving space. However I think its starting to just become a NintendoPI in a sense...

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Reactions: nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'm gonna have too I hate giving up when I feel like it's something simple I'm overlooking
What is the content of you hakchi2\games\CLV-H-RARCH\ has inside a file named CLV-H-RARCH.desktop_temp ?? If it's yes please edit with Notepad++ and Copy the content and paste here.
If you don't have CLV-H-RARCH.desktop_temp simply download again pcm pack from 139 page and and only extract this file into the hakchi2\games\CLV-H-RARCH\ path.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

dirtybird31771

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the content of you hakchi2\games\CLV-H-RARCH\ has inside a file named CLV-H-RARCH.desktop_temp ?? If it's yes please edit with Notepad++ and Copy the content and paste here.
If you don't have CLV-H-RARCH.desktop_temp simply download again pcm pack from 139 page and and only extract this file into the hakchi2\games\CLV-H-RARCH\ path.

Rgs.
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/CLV-H-RARCH.nes --guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 3,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet
Path=/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-H-RARCH
Name=RetroArch
Icon=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/CLV-H-RARCH.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-H-RARCH
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=2
Simultaneous=1
ReleaseDate=2017-02-08
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=retroarch
SortRawPublisher=LIBRETRO
Copyright=hakchi2 ©2017 Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/CLV-H-RARCH.nes --guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 3,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet
Name=RetroArch

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-H-RARCH
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=2
Simultaneous=1
ReleaseDate=2017-02-08
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=retroarch
Copyright=hakchi2 ©2017 Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin
Are you sure that this is from CLV-H-RARCH.desktop_temp not CLV-H-RARCH.desktop , true?

In that case this is your Solution(Erase with Notepad++ all lines from your CLV-H-RARCH.desktop_temp):
And copy&paste this
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/bin/retroarch-gui --
Name=RetroArch

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-H-RARCH
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=2
Simultaneous=1
ReleaseDate=2017-02-08
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=retroarch
Copyright=madmonkey

Rgs.

Sorry man forget all last post.
I think that pcm has made some changes to RA pack. Because I remember that until it's needed to edit init file but in other way that before tell you. But now This is not the problem. I try to give you a solution.

Download hakchi2.zip 2.11 extract in a NEW folder. Copy from your old hakchi2 folder, the folders /dump , /games and config.ini to the new hakchi2 folder. Open hakchi2.exe and delete RetroArch from list of games from left.
Download pcm pack from 139 page. Extract it into the new hakchi2 folder and overwrites all when you're ask.
Then edit hakchi2/config.ini and at last line(at the end) add ";CLV-H-RARCH" without " "
Then go to path /hakchi2/mods/mod_transfer/ and edit with Notepad ++ file init
Remove all the lines.
Copy from https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/blob/master/mods/mod_transfer/hakchi/init the 207 lines of init lastest build. Paste in your blank init file on Notepad++. Save and close Notepad++.
Then open Hakchi2.exe
Unselect all games (Right-clic mouse on game list title)
Check RetroArch game on list of games. Tick it to enable.
Syncro Mini. Wait.
Power On mini NES check that RetroArch is working(no games but enter in program from mini nes menu)
Exit RetroArch, power on mini nes.
Search path hakchi2/games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/roms
Add some games (don't be crazy and put only 1 rom of any system you want to check)
Syncro your mini again, enter in RA and test some games.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Download hakchi2.zip 2.11 extract in a NEW folder. Copy from your old hakchi2 folder, the folders /dump , /games and config.ini to the new hakchi2 folder. Open hakchi2.exe and delete RetroArch from list of games from left.
Download pcm pack from 139 page. Extract it into the new hakchi2 folder and overwrites all when you're ask.
Then edit hakchi2/config.ini and at last line(at the end) add ";CLV-H-RARCH" without " "
Then go to path /hakchi2/mods/mod_transfer/ and edit with Notepad ++ file init
Remove all the lines.
Copy from https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/blob/master/mods/mod_transfer/hakchi/init the 207 lines of init lastest build. Paste in your blank init file on Notepad++. Save and close Notepad++.
Then open Hakchi2.exe
Unselect all games (Right-clic mouse on game list title)
Check RetroArch game on list of games. Tick it to enable.
Syncro Mini. Wait.
Power On mini NES check that RetroArch is working(no games but enter in program from mini nes menu)
Exit RetroArch, power on mini nes.
Search path hakchi2/games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/roms
Add some games (don't be crazy and put only 1 rom of any system you want to check)
Syncro your mini again, enter in RA and test some games.

Rgs.

That's very complicated.
Why not use this post instead of the one on page 139?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
That's very complicated.
Why not use this post instead of the one on page 139?
Because I were wrong. Holy shit I forget that last pack also includes RA. I'm probably confused with first RA over Clover-ui pack. The one from 149 page, or maybe I'm only confused.

Thanks as usual for your help.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Kschreck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On behalf of the community, it goes without saying that your hard work and dedication to preserving gaming history and the work you have done on the NES Classic is much appreciated. Nintendo continues releasing the system and more and more people are gaining access to both the NES Classic and your work through the Hakchi platform. Thank you very much for your time and effort and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. :)

I look forward to seeing what you are able to do with Retroarch on the NES Classic. :)

Last edited by Kschreck,
Reactions: OpTIMusPrimeNeo

a2a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cluster, is the plan still to finish getting the rest of the mappers and NES games working with the Nintendo GUI or have you entirely switched efforts to Retroarch instead? While Retroarch has some enticing features, I personally was hoping to keep the NES Classic strictly NES titles only and the current process of running the roms of the Nintendo developed GUI seemed to be the best option. I was hoping to see games like Batman and A Boy and His Blob working on the NES Classic without Retroarch.

Welcome, enjoy the thread! Lots to read!

From the FAQ, page 1 of the thread...

"
But there is no way to make support for unsupported mappers. Please stop asking me about it.

But even game’s mapper is supported some games are not working good without patches. Emulator in NES Mini tested only on default 30 games and actually sucks.
Known problem games:

"

;)

Kschreck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for clearing that up. I guess maybe Retroarch is the better approach then. I'll wait and see how the develops over time. :)

I edited my original post.

Last edited by Kschreck,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT