Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

djovelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what i thought was weird that it would patch those two rom links i sent you, but non of the others. Oh well, i'm just glad i could get the game working!

I got it to work too!! Thanks for the tips :) been searching long time for a good rom too, the "usual" sites don't have a valid (UNL) rom, for what i know...

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
A Super Sentai Series before the Power Rangers Boom, running on mini nes classic captured at 720p60.

Choujin Sentai - Jetman | Translated to English

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

djovelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A Super Sentai Series before the Power Rangers Boom, running on mini nes classic captured at 720p60.

Choujin Sentai - Jetman | Translated to English

Rgs.

Great work with the videos hermano! Only registered today, but been following you :P

Reactions: nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
@djovelha Thanks for your words. Muito amável ;)

Rgs.

----------------------------------------------------------

OMG It's like a cross of I wanna be the Guy + Metroid + Megaman working on mini nes classic... First it's awesome, but second part is even better.

Battle Kid - Fortress of Peril

Battle Kid 2 - Mountain of Torment

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito, , Reason: add more games

djovelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
madmonkey on gbx.ru (see the picture)

Did he just unblock more mappers?

Attachments

• madmonkey.JPG
    madmonkey.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 875
Reactions: fayce54 and nesito

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Whoa is this legit? You got a link? I'd love to atleast have a GB emulator running on my NES Mini.
Please don't shoot the messenger, I guess it's legit. I've heard about and talked with Honeylab before, the guy is legit. I am not going to scrape through all of Reddit but I suppose you can ask him yourself. Last few links I did found mentioning this;

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5shw6n/more_mappers_unblocked_by_madmonkey/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5rv16x/alternate_emulator_on_the_nes_classic/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm trying to comprehend the possibility of Mega Man 1-7 + 1-5 GB + X 1-3, all on one console.
I suppose it's one way or the other, if someone could come up with multi-boot on one system.....

Last edited by jelmer,

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't shoot the messenger, I guess it's legit. I've heard about and talked with Honeylab before, the guy is legit. I am not going to scalp through all of Reddit but I suppose you can ask him yourself. Last few links I did found mentioning this;

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5shw6n/more_mappers_unblocked_by_madmonkey/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5rv16x/alternate_emulator_on_the_nes_classic/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I suppose it's one way or the other, if someone could come up with multi-boot on one system.....
I'm trying to fathom Super Mario RPG... in HD... on a NES mini...

Reactions: jelmer

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madmonkey on gbx.ru (see the picture)

Did he just unblock more mappers?

That would be excellent, not that many "Licensed" NTSC NES games left to fix to be playable on the NESC... for me that's what I hope is focused on. I for one can't wait to get the remaining 15+/- or so fixed once that happens I'll upload the entire set. I think 2.12 should resolve most of the compatibility / MAPPER issues (patches) as well as personal preference issues. Also these systems for purchase should really start to be more readily available (regular retail prices) once the Nintendo Switch happens next month. Even if nothing to happen to progress / change to this point it's really remarkable and awesome the work and efforts that were shared up to this point.

Batman_Return_of_the_Joker_NES.jpg

250px-Deadly_Towers_boxart.png

Dragon%20Power.jpg

Goal!_Two_(video_game_box_art).jpg

high-speed-usa.png

NES%20Play%20Action%20Football.jpg

nintendo-world-championship-1990-nes.jpg

PinBot_NES_boxart.jpg

latest

2260106-super_spike___world_cup_nes.jpg

49809_front.jpg

250px-VideomationBoxArt.jpg

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster is there a possiblility in the future to add a feature to use
a powered usb otg cable and attach
an external storage device and mount the external storage device
by flashing a custom kernel that can mount and read the external storage?

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!
Can you send me the link by pm?

Rgs.

Hey yeah can you PM me? Im not sure on how? or hmu on reddit https://www.reddit.com/user/Suxiaoyan/

@djovelha Thanks for your words. Muito amável ;)

Rgs.

----------------------------------------------------------

OMG It's like a cross of I wanna be the Guy + Metroid + Megaman working on mini nes classic... First it's awesome, but second part is even better.

Battle Kid - Fortress of Peril

Battle Kid 2 - Mountain of Torment

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.
Awesome you did video on these kids, they are awesome! added on my nes mini few days ago!

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I developed ROM-management tool for NES Mini.
...[SNIP]...

Thanks for this utility first off, it's great! Since the source was available online I took the liberty of bringing it into VS to take a look at a few issues I ran into with it. First was something fairly simple, the application maintained a file lock on the image file selected with 'Browse' on the box art. I made the following change to MainForm.cs:
Code:
        private void buttonBrowseImage_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (openFileDialogImage.ShowDialog() == System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK)
            {
                var selected = checkedListBoxGames.SelectedItem;
                if (selected == null || !(selected is NesGame)) return;
                var game = (selected as NesGame);
              //Added section below to load image and release file lock after loading
                Image img;
                using (var bmpTemp = new Bitmap(openFileDialogImage.FileName))
                {
                    img = new Bitmap(bmpTemp);
                }
                game.SetImage(img, ConfigIni.EightBitPngCompression);
                ShowSelected();
            }
        }

Additionally I noticed that often the first result back from google lookups I did manually weren't in the results list in the application. A little more digging revealed that you're getting unicode encoded portions in the URLs from Google. I devised a quick, albeit hacky, way around this and made this change in ImageGooglerForm.cs:

Code:
    public static string[] GetImageUrls(string query)
...snipped...
            string search = @"\""ou\""\:\""(?<url>.+?)\""";
            MatchCollection matches = Regex.Matches(responseFromServer, search);
            foreach (Match match in matches)
            {
           //Added replace and decode to deal with inline unicode in a hacky way
                urls.Add(System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlDecode(match.Groups[1].Value.Replace("\\u00", "%")));
            }

Otherwise this app has saved me a lot of time, thanks so much for your time investment in it for the community. I could have submitted this on GitHub and probably should have, but these changes are pretty quick and easy. For reference I pulled the source as was available on Feb-6-2016

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Beathil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol