Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update just replace files of old version.

Thank you for the great work. I have been a major lurker since the first release of hakchi2 and finally felt comfortable enough to try the softmod last night. I used version 2.05 and had no major problems, except for when I dumped the original kernel and ran zadig (it worked out, but there was a moment when it wasn't especially clear what to do next). Now that I got it to work and have flashed successfully a few times, I am very hesitant to touch any of the files for fear of screwing something up...but I would also like to utilize the font improvement in the latest version. So my question is what specific "files of old version" am I replacing? For example, do I Just unzip the latest version to a new location and then manually replace the hakchi2.exe file, or are there other files to replace as well? A more detailed update procedure would really help put my mind at rest.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe i didn't read everything but is it possible to upload/install the original FDS Doki Doki Panic and/or Metroid FDS ?

Turbo_gc8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2.07 works for me!! The light goes out after a few seconds now. You ROCK

Also I flashed Legend of Link (awesome Legend of Zelda Hack) and it works perfect

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a perpetual console USB disconnection/reconnection problem try to use the USB port directly on your PC without using HUBs or cable extensions.

Juedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.07:
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/download/2.07/hakchi2.exe

Now you can hide selected default games (NES Mini only, will not work on Famicom Mini) and install extended font with all missed characters.
Also some minor fixes.
hakchi2 is distributing as SFX (.exe file) archive now since some versions of WinRAR can corrupt file attributes required by mkbootfs.exe for symlinks. To update just replace files of old version.

Now I need to sleep. I'll write FAQ, changelog and answer many questions a bit later.

Transferred worked perfect! However, my cousin has an NES as well and would like to transfer games using my PC. Will there be any issues?

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. Nothing.
just manual download them I did that for half mine still works np.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Snow Bros, Micro Machines and Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels are giving me problems. Did anyone managed to get them to work?
snow bros. yes micromachines I wish I cant flash it different memory map or some error I get trying to add it.

Shanedog07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I install the newest version of hakchi will I lose my box art and game configurations if I use the newer one or will it just update it from there?

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am planning on doing, Snow Bros., Burger Time, Panic Restaurant, SMB2 lost levels, Doki Doki Panic, Metroid FDS, Megaman 1,3,4,5,6, Battle Of Olympus, Castlevania 3, and maybe something for my kids, but i am too scared to try, what if it doesn't work anymore :-(

JaaJaaJaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If I install the newest version of hakchi will I lose my box art and game configurations if I use the newer one or will it just update it from there?

I didnt lose any of those. If you want you can just backup games folder and config.ini file from the hakchi2 root folder and of course kernel.img from the dump folder (original kernel dump)

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am planning on doing, Snow Bros., Burger Time, Panic Restaurant, SMB2 lost levels, Doki Doki Panic, Metroid FDS, Megaman 1,3,4,5,6, Battle Of Olympus, Castlevania 3, and maybe something for my kids, but i am too scared to try, what if it doesn't work anymore :-(
you can always factory reset, no bricks in this whole thread.

azareth012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Version 2.07:
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/download/2.07/hakchi2.exe

Now you can hide selected default games (NES Mini only, will not work on Famicom Mini) and install extended font with all missed characters.
Also some minor fixes.
hakchi2 is distributing as SFX (.exe file) archive now since some versions of WinRAR can corrupt file attributes required by mkbootfs.exe for symlinks. To update just replace files of old version.

Now I need to sleep. I'll write FAQ, changelog and answer many questions a bit later.

Just hide them? Or also eliminates them? I want more space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4