Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hears a rumor that the false-positive virus issue was fixed, is that true and is it in the latest download? My computer still deletes the thing the instant its downloaded.

It still registers on 2/54 on virustotal. But it should be okay now. You may also be able to add an exception to your AV so that you can use the program.

ATCG

Trophies
XP
Country
hei,

Sorry people im a little bit confused.

I see some videos on youtube and I do not understand the steps to add more games to my nintendo mini classic.

In none of them do I see people flashing the kernel, is it really necessary?

What are the right steps?

When I connect to the PC, do I need to have the nintendo connected to the power?

Can anyone tell me the correct steps to add more games?

Thank you

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hei,

Sorry people im a little bit confused.

I see some videos on youtube and I do not understand the steps to add more games to my nintendo mini classic.

In none of them do I see people flashing the kernel, is it really necessary?

What are the right steps?

When I connect to the PC, do I need to have the nintendo connected to the power?

Can anyone tell me the correct steps to add more games?

Thank you
from page 7

open the program before plugging in the nes mini to the usb port

- Boot in Fel mode ( hold select and hit power till you here the windows connect sound )
- Install the driver
- DUMP the kernel
- Flash custom kernel
- Upload games
- Wait to the led to turn off
- Reboot the nes
- Profit

confimed here it works for me everytime I have tried

Last edited by MontyQ,

ATCG

Trophies
XP
Country
from page 7

open the program before plugging in the nes mini to the usb port

- Boot in Fel mode ( hold select and hit power till you here the windows connect sound )
- Install the driver
- DUMP the kernel
- Flash custom kernel
- Upload games
- Wait to the led to turn off
- Reboot the nes
- Profit

confimed here it works for me everytime I have tried

I need to have the nintendo connected to the power suply or only with hdmi cable?

tiggytomb

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried using a kernel dump someone pm'd me and also the latest build of the hack and it now works! Happy days :)
Quick question, how did you add the kernel dump to the NES via the tool, did you have to dump first and then place the one you were given into a folder? I am lost on this part how to just add the original kernel to the NES and not the custom one.

Tugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the best! Thanks Cluster and everyone who posted videos! I uploaded new 31 new games and they all work.

Just one question though- what is the process if I want to add some more games? What steps do I have to take?

heron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the best! Thanks Cluster and everyone who posted videos! I uploaded new 31 new games and they all work.

Just one question though- what is the process if I want to add some more games? What steps do I have to take?

Repeat the same steps except the next time it skips over the kernel dumping. You simply leave the games you want checked or removed unchecked.
Add games like usual, rinse and repeat.

Tugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repeat the same steps except the next time it skips over the kernel dumping. You simply leave the games you want checked or removed unchecked.
Add games like usual, rinse and repeat.
Okay, so I just have to flash custom kernel? I dont need to dump original? Sorry if these questions are dumb...I'm not super computer savvy. Thanks for the help, heron!

Gully2k

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Did anyone find a fix for the reset bug? No matter what I do, no matter what I reinstall or retry, the program does its thing, uploads...and then the LED stays on and nothing has happened.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing it? Did the people discussing it last night find an answer?

Thanks

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

Did anyone find a fix for the reset bug? No matter what I do, no matter what I reinstall or retry, the program does its thing, uploads...and then the LED stays on and nothing has happened.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing it? Did the people discussing it last night find an answer?

Thanks

same here :(

after adding games from the software the LED doesn't go out. instead it just shows the normal NES mini menu on the TV without any games added :(

Last edited by Manuel0,

Shanedog07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know a good NES Rom site they prefer? I have not used NES Roms in a long time. Heard about this and figured might as well add some more games to my NES Classic.

nespas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have been using the first version of hakchi without trouble.
I'm tryint to use hakchi2 (2.0.0.5) but I can't dump anything. The program is always awaiting the NES and nothing happens.
The zadig install went fine, I can see the drived in the device manager and uploading new games with the first version of hakchi works.
So, what is happening and what prevents my NES to be not detected under hakchi 2.0.0.5 ?

Also, I have another provblem with the first version of hakchi:
When I added games for the first time, I did not backup the original files (kernel, etc).
If I delete the games generated by nesromtool, redo a kernel / uboot dump, unpack/repack, memboot and flash, I can see all my games added, but those which I removed from my PC (as not working) are still included in the NES.
How can I reset the config to have only the inital 30 games in order to add only what I want ? That is, until hakchi2 works on my PC.... Thanks !

Gully2k

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried it on parallels...no luck.

The MD5 checksum comes up as unknown, then when you try and flash the kernal it says unable to repack the ramdisk.

Could the checksum issue be what's causing the thing to fail on all fronts? Any idea how you might try and fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7