Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

xorbex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im having more noticible input lag with NES games. Is there a fix or workaround? It makes platforming games such as Mario next to impossible to play.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Im having more noticible input lag with NES games. Is there a fix or workaround? It makes platforming games such as Mario next to impossible to play.

Is that with the latest clover-retroarch that also adds borders? Can you try an earlier release and see if it still happens? I've seen another post today, don't remember where, that mentioned the new release being fine for Genesis and FBA games but adding input lag for NES.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i flashed to the original kernel and i still only got 160 megs wtf is going on here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

come on people help!!

You might have lots of saves. One state is about 2 Megabyte... So if you use all 4 slots you have already 8 Megabyte. Do this with 10 games and you lost 80 Megabyte.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to utilize battery saves as often as possible. A lot of SNES games have this feature, and I was pretty amazed when the SNESCE UI recognizes battery save option even in the games I personally added!

This is also the workaround to have n64 saves work more optimally.

Hey KMFDManiac. Is there a tutorial how to add mame emulator/roms to minisnes? I would like to add Cadillacs& Dinosaurs, Punisher and some other amazing classics! (If they really work?) Thanks!

Ah figures, thank for your help.

Got KI/KI2 Running. But, do not get too excited:) It isn't very optimal, speed wise!

Today's Core Set update includes:

Updated Genesis Plus GX, FBA 2012, Fceumm in RetroArch, Added FDS Bios Support, Added MAME 2003 Variant which can run KI/KI2 (albeit very slowly!). This Variant is located in the Dependencies & Extras Folder. Due to the MAME 2003 that is in main set, being able to run Sega System 32 Games, the KI/KI2 capable one will not be replacing it. It is just there for testing purposes.

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Enjoy:)

And, here is a video of me doing Killer Instinct Arcade Test!

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Got KI/KI2 Running. But, do not get too excited:) It isn't very optimal, speed wise!

Updated Genesis Plus GX, FBA 2012, Fceumm in RetroArch, Added FDS Bios Support, Added MAME 2003 Variant which can run KI/KI2 (albeit very slowly!). This Variant is located in the Dependencies & Extras Folder. Due to the MAME 2003 that is in main set, being able to run Sega System 32 Games, the KI/KI2 capable one will not be replacing it. It is just there for testing purposes.

Does this help with the nes input lag?
How do I get about updating a core?
And how do I make the emulator use fceumm instead of the default retroarch core?

schaudhry83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue. I loaded all the ROMS and none of the games load. The original games 20 games work great, but all the ones I added when selecting them just flash a black screen and goes back game select screen. Any thoughts?

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

KMFDManic, thank you for that Killer Instinct video! It was nice seeing Killer Instinct for the Game Boy run on the SNES. I use to play that on my Game Boy back in the day! I only had a Game Boy back then and KI was my favourite game. I also agree the music was pretty impressive on the Game Boy for what it was!

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Will Cadillacs and Dinosaurs work? Cause I can't get it to play, followed your guide... thanks in advance man

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Cadillacs and Dinosaurs work? Cause I can't get it to play, followed your guide... thanks in advance man

Yes, it works. But, you are using incorrect rom set.

KMFDManic, thank you for that Killer Instinct video! It was nice seeing Killer Instinct for the Game Boy run on the SNES. I use to play that on my Game Boy back in the day! I only had a Game Boy back then and KI was my favourite game. I also agree the music was pretty impressive on the Game Boy for what it was!

Glad you enjoyed the video!

Does this help with the nes input lag?
How do I get about updating a core?
And how do I make the emulator use fceumm instead of the default retroarch core?

Input lag is pretty much something you have to contend with on the NESC/SNESC, to begin with. It is what it is. You can grab the Cores from my latest Update, which I linked to above. To run FCEUMM or NESTOPIA, you can simply change...

/bin/nes to /bin/nestopia OR /bin/fceumm This is with the RetroArch in my set:) See which one works more favorably for you, input lag wise!

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!!!

210MB IS VERY LITTLE FOR SNES MINI:cry::cry::cry:

If there is 4 GB of flash memory.

Both in nes and snes.

It is possible to get them 300mb of nes in mini snes.

Cluster please do magic, recover the mb that is missing in snes.:hrth:

We want the same amount of flash memory 300mb or more on both models.

server_room_shutterstock_333418229_468.jpg

Reactions: artemus3

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!!!

210MB IS VERY LITTLE FOR SNES MINI:cry::cry::cry:

If there is 4 GB of flash memory.

Both in nes and snes.

It is possible to get them 300mb of nes in mini snes.

Cluster please do magic, recover the mb that is missing in snes.:hrth:

We want the same amount of flash memory 300mb or more on both models.

server_room_shutterstock_333418229_468.jpg

You will pretty much be stuck close to 260 Mb. Unfortunately, there is no way around this without "deleting" the 21 Default Games, which take up around 82 Mb of space. So, SNESC, around 260 Mb, NESC, around 340 Mb. We cannot do any better without using expandable storage, as far as I can determine. Extra Space Module will need installed to get closer to 260 Mb.

Reactions: Pikapichu

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will pretty much be stuck close to 260 Mb. Unfortunately, there is no way around this without "deleting" the 21 Default Games, which take up around 82 Mb of space. So, SNESC, around 260 Mb, NESC, around 340 Mb. We cannot do any better without using expandable storage, as far as I can determine. Extra Space Module will need installed to get closer to 260 Mb.

I don't think it possible to delete the 21 default games... Its on Read-only memory last I heard?

xorbex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is that with the latest clover-retroarch that also adds borders? Can you try an earlier release and see if it still happens? I've seen another post today, don't remember where, that mentioned the new release being fine for Genesis and FBA games but adding input lag for NES.

That's with 2.20. Haven't had time to try 2.21 and the corresponding retroarch update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended