Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

spyder918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, lots of people have confirmed successfully installing Hakchi2 on their EU SNES Minis, in this thread.

Note that Canoe (the built in emulator) is based on a US NTSC SNES, so if PAL ROMs have region protection enabled, they won't play. There's a link containing a list of PAL only ROMs and information on how to remove protection and also convert them to NTSC as well, so they run at 60hz. I would post the link, but can't as it's flagged as spam...

Thanks for the quick response. Just so I understand, so if I only have US NTSC ROMs, I should be able to play them on the EU SNES Mini yes?

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope a fresh rock and roll racing save state, can anyone test this ? create a game do 1 race save state on slot 1 power off snes power on snes load state you will see it does nothing if it works for you please post your command line many thx
I just did so... And it loaded fine. I played a couple laps into first race and then created a save state(using Snex9x2010) then powered off the SNESC. After powering on and starting save state, I was right back to lap 3... Maybe you have a bad rom or using different emulator?

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry i keep harassing this thread... but i can't seem to find a solution for the one issue i am having and that is using save states in retroarch after a power down and power up :) , the file is there but when first loading rock and roll racing then trying to select the save state on slot 1 does nothing.. the game continues to a new screen when pressing the A button so is that the case than? button mismatch?
Is it specific to this game?

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i keep harassing this thread... but i can't seem to find a solution for the one issue i am having and that is using save states in retroarch after a power down and power up :) , the file is there but when first loading rock and roll racing then trying to select the save state on slot 1 does nothing.. the game continues to a new screen when pressing the A button so is that the case than? button mismatch?
If ALL games are affected this way when using retroarch/save states, then retroarch is the culprit. Uninstall Retroarch mod and make sure you download and install the latest one. See if that helps...

tqhoang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After flashing to custom firmware my console only got 160 megs, wasnt i supposed to have 250 megs?

Maybe you used an earlier version of hakchi and it copied the original 21 ROM's over again? I would Uninstall and reflash the current Hakchi kernel and then reinstall the games.

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i flashed to the original kernel and i still only got 160 megs wtf is going on here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

come on people help!!

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something has to be installed for you to be missing space. Did you try uninstalling?

i flashed the originalkernel then back to the custom firmware and it saids 160 megs why!

someone please help!!!!

nvm got it working

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
i flashed the originalkernel then back to the custom firmware and it saids 160 megs why!

someone please help!!!!

nvm got it working
Did you remove ALL user mods?
(Modules -> uninstall extra modules)

Like this
- Modules -> uninstall extra modules
- Kernel -> Flash Factory Kernel

Thanks for the quick response. Just so I understand, so if I only have US NTSC ROMs, I should be able to play them on the EU SNES Mini yes?
Yes, you should be fine

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii Classic pro controller... and My snes games that i use retroarch to play the analog sticks works... is there a way to get them to work in canoe too?

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just did so... And it loaded fine. I played a couple laps into first race and then created a save state(using Snex9x2010) then powered off the SNESC. After powering on and starting save state, I was right back to lap 3... Maybe you have a bad rom or using different emulator?
can you post your commandline for this game ? thx for testing !

Is it specific to this game?

yes

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a us rom of NHL 06... that i run in canoe but it freezes in different part of the game Sometimes in the almost right away and sometimes after a while :(

Anyone tried it in retroarch that can tell me if its the same problem.

Thanks.

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a us rom of NHL 06... that i run in canoe but it freezes in different part of the game Sometimes in the almost right away and sometimes after a while :(

Anyone tried it in retroarch that can tell me if its the same problem.

Thanks.

I tried it in retroarch, and still working without any freezes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1