Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you made the upgrade to 2.21b (2.0.20.32)? I'm curious if people have had any issues making the switch :P
Yes I upgraded with the newest release just to check it out. Works perfectly fine. Best thing is when you put a new game on that the native emu doesn't support, a little notification box pops up asking if you want to make it compatible with retroarch. The NES Classic did that too :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I upgraded with the newest release just to check it out. Works perfectly fine. Best thing is when you put a new game on that the native emu doesn't support, a little notification box pops up asking if you want to make it compatible with retroarch. The NES Classic did that too :)

Sweet, that is pretty cool actually, and I like the new filter module options on a per-game basis too :D

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I took the --retroarch out for the problematic games. I haven't synced yet with 2.21 yet. When I sync will the notification box come up? I think that's what happened with the NES. Just can't recall.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, that is pretty cool actually, and I like the new filter module options on a per-game basis too :D
Yeah I'll have to play around with it this weekend. Although I don't know what the difference is between:

Argument to enable bilinear filter in 4:3 mode:
--smooth43

Argument to disable scanlines in CRT mode (bilinear filter only):
--no-scanlines

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I took the --retroarch out for the problematic games. I haven't synced yet with 2.21 yet. When I sync will the notification box come up? I think that's what happened with the NES. Just can't recall.
That's correct.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here you go, unzip this and drag the retroborders.hmod into hakchi.

You will be able to use some of the borders (non-animated) in retroarch games with scanlines (CRT filter). - For SNESC

NOTE: If your screens aren't centered already, adjust and stretch them in retroarch, save configuration and exit retroarch from the menu to actually save it.
This is awesome. But I don't like the CRT filter. Please tell me where to deactivate it in retroarch. I can't find this option.
Really nice, thanks for your release! Just like McHusky I'd be interested in "scanline-less" border overlays, though. Any chance you'll add those?

Reactions: McHusky

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'll have to play around with it this weekend. Although I don't know what the difference is between:

Argument to enable bilinear filter in 4:3 mode:
--smooth43

Argument to disable scanlines in CRT mode (bilinear filter only):
--no-scanlines

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's correct.
I assume 4:3 is the pixel perfect, and CRT is what does the scanlines. I hope I'm right. Both will force bilinear it seems.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume 4:3 is the pixel perfect, and CRT is what does the scanlines. I hope I'm right. Both will force bilinear it seems.
4.3 mode should be 4.3 mode. It seems like that argument adds bilinear filtering (fuzzyness) to 4.3 mode. CRT mode already has scanlines and bilinear filtering. So removing the scanlines leaves you with only bilinear filtering.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3 mode should be 4.3 mode. It seems like that argument adds bilinear filtering (fuzzyness) to 4.3 mode. CRT mode already has scanlines and bilinear filtering. So removing the scanlines leaves you with only bilinear filtering.

Yeah, that's the one I want, CRT mode, but not with scalines, I'm not a purist when it comes to pixel perfection (the unfiltered pixels make my eyes bleed). I've been using the --no-scanlines argument, but I'll be testing that later. While I wish there was a way to force a slight stretch in resolution, I doubt it's something easily implemented.

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 205mb of games (138)

And i also took away the thumbnails.

And now when i go between folders it takes a few seconds to come back.
Is it because of the Number of games i have or that i took away the thumbnails?

It worked great before when i was at 199mb of roms. But not now when i pot in 5 games more.

Have 2.0.20.15

Tried the new one but then original games didnt work :( so went back to the other.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
f1 roc II Race of champions doesnt work on latest hakchi and with retroarch mod and latest snes9x for hakchi,i can start qualify,black screen.
illusion of gaia-terranigma-street fighter alpha 2-act raider 2-rock n' roll racing are working,gona test tomorrow more games.

Last edited by fille,

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have 205mb of games (138)

And i also took away the thumbnails.

And now when i go between folders it takes a few seconds to come back.
Is it because of the Number of games i have or that i took away the thumbnails?

It worked great before when i was at 199mb of roms. But not now when i pot in 5 games more.

Have 2.0.20.15

Tried the new one but then original games didnt work :( so went back to the other.

sweden yes !!!

Reactions: Maurobr76

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just upgraded to the latest Hakchi2 from Hackchi2 2.17

I have a NESC. I cleaned my NESC uninstalled all modules, flashed my original kernal back on. Performed a factory reset within the NESC.

Downloaded latest hackchi2. Flashed customer kernal, installed latested retroarch with modules. Copied games, config, and dump folder from old hakchi2 to new hakchi2.

Perform a sync but I get this error. Any idea what I need to do besides adding all my games manually again?

Capture11.jpg

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
OMG the No Scanlines argument is the GREATEST THING EVER in CRT mode! It looks perfect!

How did you add it to the global command line? when i add something like --no-scanlines or --smooth43 what ever, i get on every game C7, when i remove the command line everything is working again (for sure the mod is installed).

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-