Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to create an entire thread just for asking this question, so I'm going to ask it here. Does anyone have any insight on whether or not it's ever going to be possible to hack the NES Classic to play Snes games? I have no knowledge on this. I'm only trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't want to create an entire thread just for asking this question, so I'm going to ask it here. Does anyone have any insight on whether or not it's ever going to be possible to hack the NES Classic to play Snes games? I have no knowledge on this. I'm only trying to satisfy my curiosity.

The NES Mini's hardware possibly would handle it... I think it's all about software. The question is: could kernel's code be rewritten to support this?

Thraximundar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anybody tried running game genie ?

is there any way to make something similar work on the nes mini emulator or is it already a lost cause.

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zelda - The Legend of Link works. the only problem is the scrolling text when you wait a few seconds at the title screen that explains the story is garbled

2136titlescreen.png

Ash_The_Fallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda - The Legend of Link works. the only problem is the scrolling text when you wait a few seconds at the title screen that explains the story is garbled

2136titlescreen.png
I got Lunar IPs but it won't load this cause it's a bps file, what program should I use? I patched rolling thunder with the French translation and I got that to work on the mini, since it changed the mapper from 64 to whatever is compatible with the nes mini.

Last edited by Ash_The_Fallen,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to see in video:

Rgs.

Thanks for your earlier reply. I very much want to play Legend of Link, but just want to confirm I have this right:

1. Download Legend of Link romhack patch
2. Download Legend of Zelda (PRG0) ROM
3. Apply patch to ROM with LunarIPS
4. Add patched ROM file through hakchi2 and flash as normal

Is that correct, or is there a pre-patched version of the ROM I just download? The instructions out there all say I have to use the (PRG0) ROM file of the original Zelda game and patch it, so I want to be sure the NES Classic won't have an issue with the file.

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem with "3D Hot Rally"...
I tried two different .fds, the first gives me an C6 error at launch, and the second one an C7 error when arriving at the title screen! Can someone share me a rom that works?

ShaDow40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by ShaDow40,

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The text intro corruption in legend of link is most likely a mapper used in the hack (mappers stated in the in the hack's readme should all be supported), we would need someone to try a repro cart on an actual nes to compare - I don't think legend of link is not supported by flash carts as it's too large. Might even be worth posting on one of infidelity's threads.

Has anyone tried Super Mario All Stars, another hack by infidelity?

Last edited by JackMonty,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The text intro corruption is most likely a mapper used in the hack, we would need someone to try a repro cart on an actual nes to compare - I don't think legend of link is supported by flash carts as it's too large.
I'm producing my own flash cards for Famicom. My videoblog about it:

(you can enable english subtitles)

So I can try it on real hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a good night everyone.