Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
My g/f and I played it when she got home from work..we beat the game..still works flawlessly with the mame2000 core.

Do you have the latest cores installed ?
OK damn pcm720's retroarch-clover fork's mame2000 is outdated.
I downloaded someone's mame2000 and it worked for dino.zip, though only 1 player.

dezign999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get Killer Instinct (Arcade, not SNES) working with either mame2003 or FBA?
I spent about an hour on this last night and realized I could have saved myself that hour :\ Long story short, if it works on RetroPie's Libretro, it will work on NESCE's. Sadly, it does not, there is a known bug which causes the emulator to hang on the blue loading screen. You'll get the "all ok" gong, and then hear "Monster combo!" But thats it, it never gets to "Danger" which is what you want to hear :(

There may be hope if this bug is ever addressed with mame2003 for libretro. Also, the FBA version just hangs at the blue screen and never gives the "All ok" gong sound.

Mysticales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone seen any links to the classic controller port to wireless conversion? (If there is one) I know the Nes classic controller has a wireless version, but for "US" here. We need more buttons.

Would be neat to see if anyone made a snes to classic, sega to classic or now, n64 to classic controller port adapters or controllers?

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Metal Slug X to run with the fbalpha_neogeo core. I just had to clear room on the NESC. If you want to play Neo Geo games on the NESC, you definitely will want a second unit.fa_

Now I can get every Neo Geo game I want to run (using fba_neogeo core) except for Pulstar and Super Dodge Ball. Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, Samurai Shodown II, Last Blade, Blazing Star, Alpha Mission II, Baseball Stars 2, Tecmo World Soccer '96 all load fine.

I'm a little confused by this..

Why do you have to "clear room" on the NESC if you're under 300MB? How much memory (out of the 300MB) are you able to load without running into problems?

I have 298MB full of ROMs on my NESC.. For Neo Geo I have 2 folders with (metal slug & turf masters in folder 1) and (metal slug 2 & baseball stars 2 in folder 2).. everything seems to run fine.. which
is why I'm curious why you need the extra space? I plan on building a Neo Geo/ Arcade only system and this information would be useful. Thanks.

HeisenMack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused by this..

Why do you have to "clear room" on the NESC if you're under 300MB? How much memory (out of the 300MB) are you able to load without running into problems?

I have 298MB full of ROMs on my NESC.. For Neo Geo I have 2 folders with (metal slug & turf masters in folder 1) and (metal slug 2 & baseball stars 2 in folder 2).. everything seems to run fine.. which
is why I'm curious why you need the extra space? I plan on building a Neo Geo/ Arcade only system and this information would be useful. Thanks.

I would think you would need the extra room for savestates?

syndrome208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried blitz 2000 and 2001 and they don't run very well

were you trying several other games before hand. I recommend restarting the NES before you play an n64 game. I found out while testing n64 games that when I would go between a few games the system would then run them poorly but after a restart they ran well

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think you would need the extra room for savestates?

That's what I'm not clear on.. because my NESC has 298MB full and I can still save. Are save states part of the 300MB we have to use?

I always thought save states were part of the "other" memory (that makes up the total 512MB)..

At 298MB will I run out of room with save states soon?

HeisenMack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone seen any links to the classic controller port to wireless conversion? (If there is one) I know the Nes classic controller has a wireless version, but for "US" here. We need more buttons.

Would be neat to see if anyone made a snes to classic, sega to classic or now, n64 to classic controller port adapters or controllers?

http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro/

Just ordered one of these babies. Works great for all the games (from what I've read). I have a regular nes30 from 8bitdo and it works like a champ.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I'm not clear on.. because my NESC has 298MB full and I can still save. Are save states part of the 300MB we have to use?

I always thought save states were part of the "other" memory (that makes up the total 512MB)..

At 298MB will I run out of room with save states soon?

That's what I'm not sure of. If everything runs fine then go with it. If it starts to fizzle out after a few days, then maybe it's the saves that push you over the limit.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable compression. Then lets say you have metal slug 2 which is like 17 mb. Upload it. Gives you like 10 files or something and you can click import as archive. Don't click that. Instead just click the first file. Then it will load game in hakchi. It's gonna just be some file name not metal slug. Then go into that games folder in hakchi and find that game and go delete the file that got extracted and then paste mslug2.zip in the folder. Then go back to hakchi and change name picture etc and in command add the path and go to end of command line and change file to mslug.zip then see if it works. That's how I have my neo games uploaded on my other nes on 2.12. I also have neo geo bios folder in that game folder as well but now you dont have to if you have that bios mod

Wouldn't you be back to using the "compressed" version of metal slug 2 in your example, since you deleted the 1 file and copied mslug2.zip over?

Or is your method a way to "trick" hakchi to think it's not compressed and it somehow loads that zip file uncompressed? I'm confused since your end result
is a zip file (compressed) in the metal slug 2 folder.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't you be back to using the "compressed" version of metal slug 2 in your example, since you deleted the 1 file and copied mslug2.zip over?

Or is your method a way to "trick" hakchi to think it's not compressed and it somehow loads that zip file uncompressed? I'm confused since your end result
is a zip file (compressed) in the metal slug 2 folder.
Ya was seeing if it could trick hakchi. If you don't allow it to compress at the beginning and just paste it I didn't think it would be compressed. But oh well

were you trying several other games before hand. I recommend restarting the NES before you play an n64 game. I found out while testing n64 games that when I would go between a few games the system would then run them poorly but after a restart they ran well
I added just original 30 and like 6 64 games. Went strait to both blitz games. And neither work very well. Main menu is okay but when you get in to the game it starts getting laggy and choppy. Even if I restart and try again. I seen a few of your vids you made. Make a quick one with blitz workin? Haha

syndrome208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added just original 30 and like 6 64 games. Went strait to both blitz games. And neither work very well. Main menu is okay but when you get in to the game it starts getting laggy and choppy. Even if I restart and try again. I seen a few of your vids you made. Make a quick one with blitz workin? Haha[/QUOTE]

guess I'll have to check them again I only spent a few minutes in each of those

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK damn pcm720's retroarch-clover fork's mame2000 is outdated.
I downloaded someone's mame2000 and it worked for dino.zip, though only 1 player.

With all the updates that have been going on, I am not sure what version of mame2000 core I used.When we played C & D , it was 2 players simultaneously.

I have updated to Hakchi 2.14b. updated the cores recently, and it still runs perfect with 2 players.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added just original 30 and like 6 64 games. Went strait to both blitz games. And neither work very well. Main menu is okay but when you get in to the game it starts getting laggy and choppy. Even if I restart and try again. I seen a few of your vids you made. Make a quick one with blitz workin? Haha

guess I'll have to check them again I only spent a few minutes in each of those[/QUOTE]
Okay let me know. Also i tried the no intro rom versions

I'm only using the cores from pcm720. Source code version.
Which version of retroarch? And msx neo version or msx mame version. Dunno if there is a huge difference but I tried neo version also did you stick neo geo bios in game folder or through the bios mod? Maybe I have wrong bios but I don't think so

Last edited by youngtune27,

Tsaheylu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you let me know what the solution was? I have same problem and hope it has the same solution.

Hakchi2.14 gets stuck "waiting for your nes mini.." when I sync for games. I can install driver but it goes right back to same waiting screen. This is strange to begin with cause I can still flash kernal and install mods just fine, and have been using hakchi2 for a while anyways with no problems. (shouldn't need to install driver.)

Did u solve the problem?

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro/

Just ordered one of these babies. Works great for all the games (from what I've read). I have a regular nes30 from 8bitdo and it works like a champ.

That's what I'm not sure of. If everything runs fine then go with it. If it starts to fizzle out after a few days, then maybe it's the saves that push you over the limit.

I would be very interested in your feedback on this controller after you receive it. It looks really good.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Metal Slug X to run with the fbalpha_neogeo core. I just had to clear room on the NESC. If you want to play Neo Geo games on the NESC, you definitely will want a second unit.fa_

Now I can get every Neo Geo game I want to run (using fba_neogeo core) except for Pulstar and Super Dodge Ball. Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, Samurai Shodown II, Last Blade, Blazing Star, Alpha Mission II, Baseball Stars 2, Tecmo World Soccer '96 all load fine.
I don't see the fb alpha neo core in pcms. Only fb alpha and fb alpha cp2 or whatever, is it just the fb alpha one with fba as path

HeisenMack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link to that wireless one. It lead me to here which may be interesting to all! Real Snes to classic controllers, Adapters, etc.

http://innexinc.com/featured/nes-classic-accessories.html

I'd stick with the 8bitdo controllers. The "real" SNES controllers there are not real. There has been issues with third-party controllers not working (@Cluster seemed to fix some though with his latest release). I cannot speak for Nyko miniboss, but from what I've read it feels cheap.

8bitdo also makes an SNES controller:
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blu...ie=UTF8&qid=1490120173&sr=1-5&keywords=8bitdo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night