Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    How does the system handle the zipped ROMs once the game is booted? Is it loaded into RAM or does RetroArch unzip the game, requiring available space? If I load a huge game like Metal Slug 3 (78M zipped, 82MB unzipped), do I need to have 82MB free in order to play it?

2. youngtune27

youngtune27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I tried blitz 2000 and 2001 and they don't run very well

3. youngtune27

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    You should just need 78 if compression is enabled. Otherwise what's the point of compression if you actually need the full space before compression.

4. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    I loaded mine up to 290MB. The big Neo Geo games (Metal Slug X and 3, Last Blade, Blazing Star, Pulstar) are not playing. The smaller Neo Geo games (under 10MB) are playing no problem.

5. youngtune27

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Did you try loading the bigger ones uncompressed

6. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2017
    Belgium
    [NESC] PSX guide + Retroarch settings

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ide-+-Retroarch-settings.464867/&share_type=t

maande80 likes this.
  7. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Arcade games uncompressed? How does one add that?

8. TruMisery

TruMisery Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2017
    United States
    With the newest version of hakchi2 it takes about 1-2 minutes to upload the roms. Ask I have done in the past was load my nes roms then go to synch add them to my needs folders then press cancel save the folder structure then add my snes rooms and do the same and keep doing it for whatever systems you have. When ready just complete the synch and you're done.

youngtune27 likes this.
  9. youngtune27

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Disable compression. Then lets say you have metal slug 2 which is like 17 mb. Upload it. Gives you like 10 files or something and you can click import as archive. Don't click that. Instead just click the first file. Then it will load game in hakchi. It's gonna just be some file name not metal slug. Then go into that games folder in hakchi and find that game and go delete the file that got extracted and then paste mslug2.zip in the folder. Then go back to hakchi and change name picture etc and in command add the path and go to end of command line and change file to mslug.zip then see if it works. That's how I have my neo games uploaded on my other nes on 2.12. I also have neo geo bios folder in that game folder as well but now you dont have to if you have that bios mod

10. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2010
    Indonesia
  11. youngtune27

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I got this error with only trying to upload 96mb

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can't get metal slug x to work either. Tried 3 cores. Also with original 30 games. Plus 6 64 games and 1 genesis and 1 gba at 96 mb it errored and wouldn't even upload and my gba won't create save state. But it does in 2.12.

Last edited by youngtune27, Mar 21, 2017
  12. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    I got Metal Slug X to run with the fbalpha_neogeo core. I just had to clear room on the NESC. If you want to play Neo Geo games on the NESC, you definitely will want a second unit.fa_

Now I can get every Neo Geo game I want to run (using fba_neogeo core) except for Pulstar and Super Dodge Ball. Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, Samurai Shodown II, Last Blade, Blazing Star, Alpha Mission II, Baseball Stars 2, Tecmo World Soccer '96 all load fine.

13. youngtune27

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I tried mame2003. Fba. And fbalpha2012neogeo. I didn't try the one you said. Is it this one?

Attached Files:

14. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    I'm only using the cores from pcm720. Source code version.

15. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2017
    Canada
    I can confirm that Metal Slug 3 does indeed run on the mini.I used the mame version. The game crashed using the regular mame2003 core, but switched the core to mame2003_mini and it ran fine.

The game needs to be zipped with a neogeo bios and imported as archive in hakchi.

Last edited by ByteThis, Mar 21, 2017
  16. Piklz

Piklz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2017
    United States

it worked up until it was time to make the .hmod .. it never appears (im on windows 10 filecompat mode xp/7/8/etc tested )

Code:
    Making skin pack...
            1 file(s) copied.
          0 [main] tar 15656 sync_with_child: child 14972(0x1A0) died before initialization with status code 0xC0000142
         40 [main] tar 15656 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
    ../tools/tar: child process: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
    ../tools/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    Done! File skin_hack.hmod created. Just drag-and-drop it to hakchi2 window and install your skin.
    Press any key to continue . . .

in the end i just copied the folder skinhack > renamed it to skin_hack.hmod and copied it over to usermods folder.. now nesmini frontend is colourfull lol

17. rhester72

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Never saw a reply one way or the other - does anyone know a source for an original, unmodified nes.png from the Famicom Mini?

Rodney

18. Piklz

Piklz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2017
    United States
    My post before yours expand clusterms txt and you'll see the link to the zip with the bat files it will extract the png for you

19. rhester72

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I have the NES Mini, not the Famicom - that's the whole reason for the question. =)

Rodney

20. keithelmcity

keithelmcity Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    any of you having luck with 3rd party controllers ? I have 2 different ones with no luck