Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KmanSweden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have problem with 2.0.6 i think..

Boot in FEL mode (holding 'Reset' whilst pressing 'Power') - no LED illumination - get the Windows sound confirming.

I launch hakchi 2.0.6 and i upload game on Nes Mini >>> have windows with Done! but the power led of the Nes Mini is "On" after flash and i ear again the sound of window when i plug peripheral.... i disconnect the Nes Mini and i See on my TV 0 game added...

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Launch hakchi first then click the "send games to nes" button.. It will then ask you to connect the NES. NOW boot to FEL and it should work.

ShaDow40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Launch hakchi first then click the "send games to nes" button.. It will then ask you to connect the NES. NOW boot to FEL and it should work.

Don't Work :'(

Uploading kernel is good but after Done, I hear the sound of the peripheral that connects, then the led that stays on constantly.

Normally after the flash the led turns off after a while without hearing from windows sound

Last edited by ShaDow40,

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello community! I would like to know if, in the future, it will surely replace the NAND flash memory of 512 MB by a more consistent to install all the NES games or can it be done without? Thank you for your reply. Best regards.

thecdoc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello from France!
Thank you for your work on this tool !
I have one question : i just flashed my mini yesterday (with version 2.005 and 7zip) without any problem. I see you released a 2.006. Is there an update i have to do ON the mini ? i mean do i have to reflash the original firmware and then flash to the 2.006 version ? Or maybe the software version is unrelated to the CFW you flash into the mini ?
thank you for your answer :)

Last edited by thecdoc,

Shanedog07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest problem was not holding the reset and power button long enough...A lot of instructions say 2 seconds but it took a little longer than that for me. I held it probably a good 5-10 seconds then it started up. Once I got the hang of it...I was amazed how easy it was to correct, remove and add games as I see fit. Hope at some point they will come out with something that will allow you to pick and choose of the 30 pre installed games to remove. I think I only play around 15 of those at most. Thanks all for your help!!

ShaDow40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all !

have problem with 2.0.6 i think..

Boot in FEL mode (holding 'Reset' whilst pressing 'Power') - no LED illumination - get the Windows sound confirming.

I launch hakchi 2.0.6 and i upload game on Nes Mini >>> have windows with Done! but the power led of the Nes Mini is "On" after flash and i ear again the sound of window when i plug peripheral and led is always turn on.... i disconnect the Nes Mini and i See on my TV 0 game added...

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Ok i have find the problem,

After Launch new version of program i did :

-Insert the first dump kernel on dump folder
-On program i did flash original Kernel -->>> Done! and led is ON
-Without Power off Nes Mini i have flash Custom Kernel (Led is always ON) -->>> Done!
-(Led is Always ON i don't turn OFF) Add some games and box art and uploading on Nes Mini -->>> Done ! and led of Nes Mini is turn Off after 10 second
-Connect Nes Mini on TV and TADA!! I have all games !

Reactions: sHiErShAo

thecdoc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok i have find the problem,

After Launch new version of program i did :

-Insert the first dump kernel on dump folder
-On program i did flash original Kernel -->>> Done! and led is ON
-Without Power off Nes Mini i have flash Custom Kernel (Led is always ON) -->>> Done!
-(Led is Always ON i don't turn OFF) Add some games and box art and uploading on Nes Mini -->>> Done ! and led of Nes Mini is turn Off after 10 second
-Connect Nes Mini on TV and TADA!! I have all games !

So you kinda answer to my question : after program update, maybe it's better to reflash original FW before CFW again.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forcing incompatible roms to write to bypass error msg does not work after flashing. I've tried Gradius II and TwinBee 3 both japan region.

Amstans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After trying everything I can think of, I am unable to get the driver to install.

Boot in FEL mode (holding 'Reset' whilst pressing 'Power') - no LED illumination - get the Windows sound confirming it has detected something.

Firewall Off, Windows Defender Off, Boot with pressing F8 and deactivating the relevant checks, using Zadig, using device manager (all in Admin mode) ...nothing will get the driver to install...?

I am going crazy trying to get this to work!

I get the screens below from Device Manager and Zadig.

PLEASE... Can anyone assist? Is there something I need to have on the MINI NES beforehand, like no save states...?

Using Windows 7, SP1 Home Premium - .NET 3.5

View attachment 74364View attachment 74365View attachment 74366View attachment 74367

It's calling it an NES Mini? It's actually an NES classic. Microsoft tried stopping me from downloading in Internet Explorer so I got Chrome to do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My biggest problem was not holding the reset and power button long enough...A lot of instructions say 2 seconds but it took a little longer than that for me. I held it probably a good 5-10 seconds then it started up. Once I got the hang of it...I was amazed how easy it was to correct, remove and add games as I see fit. Hope at some point they will come out with something that will allow you to pick and choose of the 30 pre installed games to remove. I think I only play around 15 of those at most. Thanks all for your help!!

You can un-select the 30 games and just download the ROMS for the ones you want.

thecdoc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's calling it an NES Mini? It's actually an NES classic. Microsoft tried stopping me from downloading in Internet Explorer so I got Chrome to do it.

You can un-select the 30 games and just download the ROMS for the ones you want.

But will it remove the roms from nes or just "hide" them from menu ?

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The nes has the error but I did grab a zelda fds rom that has no save on it but still the same problem.

I get the same Error (C6: This suspend point is not usable. Please delete the suspend point from the suspend point.) with Super Mario Bros. 2 (FDS) and 3D Hot Rally (FDS)

I installed other cartridge games later, those work without error. And I even reset the system to clear it of all suspend points. Still no luck.

After that, I tried some other FDS Games like Yume Kojou Doki Doki Panic and Vs. Excitebike, with the original games deactivated and a total of 30 additional games installed (With less then 30, the menu didn't react to controller input anymore).

Still no luck. All FDS Games didn't start with that C6 Error.

I'm using Hackchi2 v2.06.

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Super Nintendo Classic Edition next ? I would buy it instantly!
OFF TOPIC. No one cares what you would buy.

@Cluster If you update the app, you should post a changelog in the first post and include the version number in the updated app archive. Else people won't notice app updates.
+1 Changelog and version numbers next to the DL link when it's updated plz :)

Reactions: NeoPolak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup