Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, that's true. A problem from RetroArch cores or settings and not from the NESCE itself, it's hard to apply perfect settings, but this helped in making them more "pure".
Ah, so it's a known issue with RetroArch. I only use Pixel Perfect so I'm very happy with how it is but was feeding it back just incase it was something new.

I',m not really one for messing around with image filters but I would like to see some other options in the future to play around with. I often find them a little heavy handed but would definitely try a decent quality scanline filter. I really didn't like the CRT filter on the NES Mini as it's just too heavy for my liking but I would like to try variations on what they did at some point.

EDIT:
I believe there's a way to deal with the overscan issues on NES games doing something similar? How would I go about doing that?

Last edited by 878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi,

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
@nesito thank you very much mate for the video. I dont understand spanish but got the process for what your doing :) one qtion to confirm please. Did you extract the retroarch_mod folder from the source code zip file and then copy that to hakchi2 folder? Looks like you did - from there you copy the n64 file, add glupen64 in the cfg and install the RA mod to point to the new core. Am i right ?

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I do with the binary "manolito" you can copy the nes(in the /retroarch.hmod/bin ) and paste in same place
THe copied "nes - copy" file rename it to nes2
Edit this nes2 file and change the core from FCEUmm to Nestopia (Use Notepad++)
Then In hakchi2 in the command line of the game that you want to run with Nestopia put nes2 instead nes ;)

Rgs.
Thank you sir! But I have a last problem, I don't know how to make a working command line?
As an exemple, my command line is:
/bin/nes2 /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-JUDHD/CLV-H-JUDHD.nes
but nothing start.

Last edited by VirgileVILE,
Reactions: nesito

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Forgot to mention this, it only works in Pixel Perfect mode. Again, that's something that RetroArch can't handle, when you choose another aspect ratio, RetroArch won't keep up with the NESCE, thus blurring the image because it stays with the old mode. In order to make it right, RetroArch should change for itself when something changes in the main shell but that's something impossible to achieve having two softwares applying different values :\
i mean you can do pixel perfect with 4:3 with 1:1 (4:3 DAR) but i can't access it because i just have a nes controller and i can't access the retroarch menu

Ghostwise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo dope. I was able to get about 40 snes titles, 30 Genesis, and 120 nes games on it with custom images for the snes, nes and Genesis folders. I initially put a bunch of gba games but they run like a hot mess and felt it better to just remove them. Is there an image size limit for the custom folders?

thegame16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
yes, that's true. A problem from RetroArch cores or settings and not from the NESCE itself, it's hard to apply perfect settings, but this helped in making them more "pure".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi! I've just made thinking of Master System games, as i don't have any pro controller to test other things. Anyway, slowdowns are a problem of cores, and not from settings. Maybe with Threade Video enabled, you could get some improvement but not sure if it works. I can make another zip with threade video on, if you want to try it and see if it helps.

hey Mate thx for the replay .... what fixed it for me : Putting the tv on game mode the games run perfect now ... lol seems my TV had some ghosting problems and frame delays .

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is an icon pack (PNG with transparencies) of almost all 8 and 16bit consoles+pads+accessories:
dBegJDf.png

Pack can be downloaded here

Attachments

• ICONs.rar
    329.1 KB · Views: 325

thegame16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
oh, nice! glad it's working :)
yeah it really works now how it should but there is only 1 problem I cant save the games! (well battery saving works) but the savestates are not working when I go back in the nes classic menu there is no savestate option for the game I have played

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That works brilliantly, thank you.

I've noticed that it only work in Pixel Perfect mode though, which is what I've been using anyway. Using either or the other two seems to add even more blurring.

Forgot to mention this, it only works in Pixel Perfect mode. Again, that's something that RetroArch can't handle, when you choose another aspect ratio, RetroArch won't keep up with the NESCE, thus blurring the image because it stays with the old mode. In order to make it right, RetroArch should change for itself when something changes in the main shell but that's something impossible to achieve having two softwares applying different values :\

Doesn't seem to be making a difference for me. I had already installed Cluster's mod, so I simply added the version with no smoothing to the user_mods folder, installed from within hakchi2, and flashed. When I started up Super Mario Kart (using Pixel Perfect display) it looked exactly as it did previously. Might this be because I installed the no-smoothing version on top of the stock version? Do I need to uninstall the stock module and then install the no-smoothing version?

djovelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i mean you can do pixel perfect with 4:3 with 1:1 (4:3 DAR) but i can't access it because i just have a nes controller and i can't access the retroarch menu
i couldn't find any setting of that kind. I will try it with auto aspect ratio and see if it works

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't seem to be making a difference for me. I had already installed Cluster's mod, so I simply added the version with no smoothing to the user_mods folder, installed from within hakchi2, and flashed. When I started up Super Mario Kart (using Pixel Perfect display) it looked exactly as it did previously. Might this be because I installed the no-smoothing version on top of the stock version? Do I need to uninstall the stock module and then install the no-smoothing version?
I removed the original one and it worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=ESC50o7Vr5sUh71I