Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

iNinjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you tried the "subzero" solution that I tell you?

Rgs.

PS: Are using Windows? flash original kernel first. then flash your hacked kernel, then the roms and its all done. working great now. Solution by VashTS

No luck. Even when flashing the original kernel first, it won't boot past custom kernel, even before I install games.
Not sure what's going on. @jphriendly seems to have things running well

Last edited by iNinjax,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder if you can have AutoFire enabled when you use the Classic Controller. Tried to play SNES Contra III and I couldnt shoot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well shit :( No idea what I'm doing wrong then. Because everything else works except Genesis. All my Genesis Roms are .bin of that matters.
What do your command line arguments look like for your Genesis games? mine says /bin/path-to-your-app then a bunch of other stuff. That seems weird. The SNES command line arguments say /bin/snes then other stuff

could i just change all my extensions from .bin to .gen?
Hi Anthony B. Check in your game list in the genesis games on command line arguments appears something like this:
/bin/path-to-your-app /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-?????/XXXXXX.bin

In this case only change in your case:
/bin/md /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-?????/XXXXXX.bin

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No special config. RA Module installed. 700+ games. Split equally at 35 per folder. Use extended font. No epilepsy. Separate folders for SNES. GENESIS...etc. 7 non-nes games added.

uUnaS8d.png
you don't need any games in the HOME Menu? Can just be all folders?

Hi Anthony B. Check in your game list in the genesis games on command line arguments appears something like this:
/bin/path-to-your-app /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-?????/XXXXXX.bin

In this case only change in your case:
/bin/md /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-?????/XXXXXX.bin

Rgs.

trying this now - currently uploading. UPDATE: This change fixed SEGA games for me, they now all load :)!!!!

Last edited by anth0ny,

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the mapping for the Wii Classic Pro controllers with SNES games? Any issues?
Thanks

I will let you know. I haven't received the Classic Pro yet (the one with the handles). The regular Classic worked fine. All buttons mapped (except the secondary shoulder buttons). Just be sure you disable the autofire on Hakchi.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will let you know. I haven't received the Classic Pro yet (the one with the handles). The regular Classic worked fine. All buttons mapped (except the secondary shoulder buttons). Just be sure you disable the autofire on Hakchi.
I will do the same. I managed to find 2 "brand new never used" on a local "swap and shop" type site in my area. $20

iNinjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else besides the folks in the GitHub issues experiencing this bootloop problem? My NES Classic just has no interest in a custom kernel. I've tried different USB ports, rebuilding hackchi2.12rc3 several times, putting hackchi2 in different directories... every time, installing the custom kernel results in a bootloop. It can restore the dang thing to stock just fine, but nothing else. Any ideas?

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Major Game Genie update coming with the next release. https://gbatemp.net/threads/hakchi2-nes-mini-very-simple-pimp-tool.456256/page-124#post-7071426

Updating is simple. Copy/paste config, dump and games.

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/issues/102

Not a solution but something to keep an eye on.

Amazing! Is there a way to see how much free space we have on our systems? It would give me a ballpark estimate on how much space I might have for retroarch.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else besides the folks in the GitHub issues experiencing this bootloop problem? My NES Classic just has no interest in a custom kernel. I've tried different USB ports, rebuilding hackchi2.12rc3 several times, putting hackchi2 in different directories... every time, installing the custom kernel results in a bootloop. It can restore the dang thing to stock just fine, but nothing else. Any ideas?
maybe best wait it out till cluster releases 2.12 he just was active on github under hour ago and was just active on twitter/instagram its morning in good ole russia so might be worth the wait for you

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im missing something. i compiled newest hakchi from github. i never see an option to add retroarch the only manual module it shows is music hack. i tried loading a bunch of random games, and none of them work, and i tried adding folders and the folders and games inside didn't show up either.

iNinjax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe best wait it out till cluster releases 2.12 he just was active on github under hour ago and was just active on twitter/instagram its morning in good ole russia so might be worth the wait for you
Unfortunately I'm busy for the next week straight haha, this is my one night for fun things. It's just strange, I'm building 2.12 straight from the newest code on GitHub via VS2015 with no errors, the same as others are doing, yet I'm hitting snags. Just very strange.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
If want to try something different... You used RA previously? Please put here you config.ini file I give a look.

Rgs.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck. @jphriendly seems to have things running well

I wish I could figure out the issue. Pure luck I guess. Gotta keep testing.

Amazing! Is there a way to see how much free space we have on our systems? It would give me a ballpark estimate on how much space I might have for retroarch.

I was going to post this to suggestion to Github. 30 SNES games killed my flash time. I'd love some sort display of space used.

Last edited by jphriendly,
Reactions: themyst

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok im missing something. i compiled newest hakchi from github. i never see an option to add retroarch the only manual module it shows is music hack. i tried loading a bunch of random games, and none of them work, and i tried adding folders and the folders and games inside didn't show up either.
This might have something to do with that retroarch-clover git. You might need to clone and compile that module separately now.
Do i have to Re-Compile in order to add a N64 core?
Maybe from that retroarch-clover git, I've no idea how it works though, there's no documentation yet for any of this. It's still unreleased with the codebase changing every half hour.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I could figure out the issue. Pure luck I guess. Gotta keep testing.

I was going to post this to suggestion to Github. 30 SNES games killed my flash time. I'd love some sort display of space used.

How much did those 30 SNES games take up MB wise?

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its 1am, calling it a night. will mess around to get N64 running tomorrow. Would like to know if we can mess with RA config direct from a loaded rom though. Right now its select+down to return to home screen, not sure if there is a button combo to open RA Config/Menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!