Hacking HackMii Installer v0.7

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any guesses as to what the surprise may be? maybe sneek integration? would be pointless, but im just guessing. maybe an app store? like homebrew browser but with a TT twist?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
dn_angel000 said:
@fullstrength: Did u have ur HDD plugged in while it was updating?? lol

In fact I did....would this have created a problem that I was unaware of?
It's very possible!! lol Try unplugging ur HDD (not from the back of ur Wii but behind ur HDD) and re-install ur USB Loader that may help u out!! lol And considering with most Homebrew apps u have 2 disconnect all Gamecube accessories (Controller and/or Memory Card(s) if any) lol

EDIT: Delete the existing USB Channel or App 1st then re-install!! lol

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
fullstrength said:
dn_angel000 said:
@fullstrength: Did u have ur HDD plugged in while it was updating?? lol

In fact I did....would this have created a problem that I was unaware of?
It's very possible!! lol Try unplugging ur HDD (not from the back of ur Wii but behind ur HDD) and re-install ur USB Loader that may help u out!! lol And considering with most Homebrew apps u have 2 disconnect all Gamecube accessories (Controller and/or Memory Card(s) if any) lol

EDIT: Delete the existing USB Channel or App 1st then re-install!! lol

I'm not sure I understand....if I unplug my hdd, I won't be able to re-install WiiFlow....or any other app for that matter....they are all on my HDD....at best I could delete wiiflow from my apps folder and put it back on there....not sure what that would do though....as mentioned previously, problems were solved by reinstalling ios 202, 222/223, 249/250, and 70....now only one problem remains and that is the return to system menu feature within wiiflow....was functioning correctly before update of HBC, and now it freezes app

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ya I read other posts about the update doing that 2 a few people's Wiis around here!! lol So that is good 2 hear as 4 WiiFlow I don't use that so I'm not sure but usually reinstalling it may help a lot!! lol I only use USB Loader GX Channel!! lol

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing 0.7, my Wii seems to take longer to boot... I upgraded Bootmii and HBC (launch year Wii with Boot2, 4.1U, Priiloader), and like before, moved the BootMii folder away from my SD's root so it will just go to Priiloader and Crazy Intro. However, it seems to spend more time on a black screen before reaching Priiloader than ever before. I'd rather not have BootMii load each time I boot-up so that is why I moved the directory. Any thoughts?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Worked like a charm for me. (Upgraded with HDD attatched)

Like that it remembers your last settings.

Now just have to wait for Priiloader to get an update to be able to launch the HBC directly.

I never actually thought I would see the day when the HBC would actually show an available update =)

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having no problems at all with the homebrew channel or bootmii or my Wii at all. This new version is amazing, specially the new design.

drmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I kinda don't want to install this, as the 'phone home' feature might turn into some form of AP.
AP? Advanced Paranoia?

The Homebrew Channel has been "phoning home" since its very first release, and always only to check for updates. Very much like the System Menu itself. It is only with this release that we included a pseudonymous identifier (the console ID) with the request so we can track behaviour patterns and bugfix it if necessary. And, as usual, we are trying to be transparent about what we are doing.

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
All tickety boo & CFG USB Loader works fine
bow.gif
Thanks Team Twiizers

Just noticed that Syscheck 1.6.2 by Eric Spyder runs but then exits into Bootmii menu.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded tonight... not really sure why though, I mean everything was working before... not planning on going up from 4.1 until some useful functionality gets added. Things I've noticed:

-Exiting HBC to System menu, or to Bootmii (as ios) requires 2 attempts as the first attempt just reloads HBC.
-Uloader and everything else seems to be working fine.
-HBC still doesn't see my FAT32 partition on my HDD... it's the 3rd partition... Wish you could select it like in the loaders...

Still happy to see an update... Great job TT!

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is the moment I have to say: "Thank God I never sold Smash Bros Brawl"!!!

Now on the other hand, has anyone put out a tutorial or something out there, I have few questions like:

1.- Now that HBC launches apps with Hardware access, does this mean kernel mode is active and you
may install WADs without reloading IOS?

2.- Has anyone done this on a Virgin 4.3 Wii yet and installing stuff like Disc Loading channels, USB Loader channels, cioscorp/darkcorp, priiloader, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.