Hacking HackMii Installer v0.7

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new design is great IMO, Glad to see an update and a facelift! Super glad to see it saves settings now (lol @ Brew Like a Pro!) Only thing i wish it had was USB2.0 but cant have it all.

Im having some issues with my USB HDD though that 1.0.6 didnt have. If i press 1 and go to the settings USB HDD is no longer recognized, even if i changed nothing. If it starts on USB it will load apps np, but once I go into that settings screen or press 2 even, no more HDD. Anyone else having this issue or similar?

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Please note that HBC’s update check now contains data in the referrer string unique to each Wii. Its sole purpose is for anonymous usage statistics.

Didn't see this 'feature' mentioned in this thread yet, don't think i'll bother updating.

BlackVivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vpd said:
QUOTE said:
Please note that HBC’s update check now contains data in the referrer string unique to each Wii. Its sole purpose is for anonymous usage statistics.

Didn't see this 'feature' mentioned in this thread yet, don't think i'll bother updating.
Do you think this is dangerous? I mean... what could it be used for?

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update did not go very smoothly...after update my priiloader quit auto booting wiiflow...HBC was very buggy...all apps r on usb, sometimes it connected sometimes it didn't...wouldn't exit to system menu...only restarted HBC...i'm not sure what the problem was, but i resolved it all by uninstalling priiloader...reinstalling ios202, hermes 222v4/223v4, wanins 249v19/250v19,and ios 70...all of which i found http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-...below...through the guide...then reinstalled priiloader and wiiflow autoboot file...im sure this wasnt all necessary, but something didnt go over well by just updating HBC to 1.0.7...im sure u real modders can tell us what went wrong here and a simple way to avoid it from happening to others...thanx 4 your time

Edit* only one problem still remains that I've found so far....WiiFlow will now longer return to system menu...by either pressing the home button or by selecting the Home feature within the app....any ideas?

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackVivi said:
vpd said:
QUOTE said:

I'm not saying it's dangerous or malicious, but i don't trust any program like that on my PC so why should it be any different for my wii

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
This update did not go very smoothly...after update my priiloader quit auto booting wiiflow...HBC was very buggy...all apps r on usb, sometimes it connected sometimes it didn't...wouldn't exit to system menu...only restarted HBC...i'm not sure what the problem was, but i resolved it all by uninstalling priiloader...reinstalling ios202, hermes 222v4/223v4, wanins 249v19/250v19,and ios 70...all of which i found http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-...below...through the guide...then reinstalled priiloader and wiiflow autoboot file...im sure this wasnt all necessary, but something didnt go over well by just updating HBC to 1.0.7...im sure u real modders can tell us what went wrong here and a simple way to avoid it from happening to others...thanx 4 your time

I forgot to mention i had same issue with exiting the HBC it just restarted itself, I have bootmii as boot2 but i also installed it as an IOS, and tried to launch it from the HBC, again it just restarted it self, If i try exiting twice it works on the second but never the first. And my USB is intermittent as well. I dont use priiloader/preloader though so no probs there

BlackVivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vpd said:
BlackVivi said:
vpd said:
QUOTE said:

I'm not saying it's dangerous or malicious, but i don't trust any program like that on my PC so why should it be any different for my wii
I mean, why should someone from the twiizers screw us over?

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackVivi said:
vpd said:
BlackVivi said:
vpd said:
QUOTE said:

I mean, why should someone from the twiizers screw us over?

I don't think they would want to, but alot of people are simply not fans of programs that 'phone home'
i think something like this would be better as an opt in option.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vpd said:
I don't think they would want to, but alot of people are simply not fans of programs that 'phone home'
its only during the update check, when it is phoning home anyway to see if there is an update.

also, either I just found something I didn't know before, or the hidden feature of this version, not sure which.... pressing 2 on the remote changes the layout to a system menu style layout with tiles. very nice lookin.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
fullstrength said:

I forgot to mention i had same issue with exiting the HBC it just restarted itself, I have bootmii as boot2 but i also installed it as an IOS, and tried to launch it from the HBC, again it just restarted it self, If i try exiting twice it works on the second but never the first. And my USB is intermittent as well. I dont use priiloader/preloader though so no probs there

Edit* only one problem still remains that I've found so far....WiiFlow will now longer return to system menu...by either pressing the home button or by selecting the Home feature within the app....any ideas?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vpd said:
BlackVivi said:
vpd said:
QUOTE said:

Team Twiizers is the reason you can run apps on your wii. They wont give you anything malicious.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skater4599 said:
The new design is great IMO, Glad to see an update and a facelift! Super glad to see it saves settings now (lol @ Brew Like a Pro!) Only thing i wish it had was USB2.0 but cant have it all.

Im having some issues with my USB HDD though that 1.0.6 didnt have. If i press 1 and go to the settings USB HDD is no longer recognized, even if i changed nothing. If it starts on USB it will load apps np, but once I go into that settings screen or press 2 even, no more HDD. Anyone else having this issue or similar?
Yeah same thing here, this is random.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
no problems on my end updated through hbc everything still works like it did

the stupid pop would of pissed me off after third time

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
vpd said:
its only during the update check, when it is phoning home anyway to see if there is an update.

also, either I just found something I didn't know before, or the hidden feature of this version, not sure which.... pressing 2 on the remote changes the layout to a system menu style layout with tiles. very nice lookin.

That feature was in the last version of HBC...only before you had to hit 2 every time HBC loaded up...now it saves your last "view settings" and starts up this way automatically, which I had hoped would be implemented....

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrKill said:
Skater4599 said:

I had similar problems, resolved by reinstalling ios 202 and all the other cIOS's (hermes and wanins)....i have no idea which was the problem but it corrected the problematic usb reocognition...

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
MrKill said:
Skater4599 said:

I had similar problems, resolved by reinstalling ios 202 and all the other cIOS's (hermes and wanins)....i have no idea which was the problem but it corrected the problematic usb reocognition...

Makes no sense to me how hermes/wanin's cIOS have anything to do with the HBC, the installation and HBC both use ios34 on my wii

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
fullstrength said:
MrKill said:
Skater4599 said:

Makes no sense to me how hermes/wanin's cIOS have anything to do with the HBC, the installation and HBC both use ios34 on my wii

It's just a thought...trust me I have no idea how any of this stuff works...I just follow the steps that the real modders on this scene release...but it wouldn't be the first time TT implemented "problems" if the installer recognizes certain things already on the wii....we all remember the upside down HBC's and the inability to install in some cases if you followed other mods.....with the brains of TT and their history with Wanin....it wouldn't surprise me if there installer screwed with other things that it happened to find while installing....other post I've read are hinting @ more problems after installing .7 as well....but I'll reiterate, my knowledge of any and all of the wii is solely on what I try and see for myself....most everything else is like a foreign language to me....just trying to offer what seemed to fix my problems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT