Hacking Wii U w/ no Gamepad?

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So... i just bought a wii u without it's gamepad, and was not aware that i needed it for almost everything, i found a way to use my phone as a gamepad with homebrew but i cannot access even the web browser without it, is there any way or possibility to hack it without the gamepad? (I don't know even the system version because even the settings require a gamepad), please, i need a solution for this...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible. the way in is through the browser, don't think even bluUbomb will work to get into the hbl, because it requires the gamepad as well.

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think it's possible. the way in is through the browser, don't think even bluUbomb will work to get into the hbl, because it requires the gamepad as well.
I've seen some posts that talk about a patched hbl that works with any controller, but first, i would need to hack it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, this exists, but you have to find a way to launch the hbl to begin with. the first step to hacking the wii u is going into the browser. if it doesn't work without the gamepad, then there's probably no current way to do it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there may be a computer program to simulate the gamepad. the gamepad internally is called drc. I know that the gamepad uses a 5GHz wlan connection unlike the normal wifi.

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there may be a computer program to simulate the gamepad. the gamepad internally is called drc. I know that the gamepad uses a 5GHz wlan connection unlike the normal wifi.
but there is a problem, the only pc in my house is a windows xp with the lag of hell, I don't think it can or could be possible to use a pc in my case

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably not, didn't you say there was an android app that could simulate the gamepad? that might be the only option depending on how well it works. look up wii u, drc, gamepad, etc. on the play store to see a good one exists.

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
probably not, didn't you say there was an android app that could simulate the gamepad? that might be the only option depending on how well it works. look up wii u, drc, gamepad, etc. on the play store to see a good one exists.
just searched, seems like the only drc or gamepad in android NEEDS a pc, i feel outa luck

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, there's probably no way. I know that drc on the pc might need a 5GHz dongle like the panda anyway. I bought one a while back, but since one of the dependencies has been delisted, I could never compile I think it was drc-sim. there's an easier method, but it probably requires a later os.

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry, there's probably no way. I know that drc on the pc might need a 5GHz dongle like the panda anyway. I bought one a while back, but since one of the dependencies has been delisted, I could never compile I think it was drc-sim. there's an easier method, but it probably requires a later os.
So then my Wii U is practically useless?, i only have Super Mario 3d World, as it came with the wii u, but I can't even see the screen cuse it's stuck in HDMI, and so the config are only accessable with the gamepad

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that game requires the gamepad in a few stages too. yes, you can't do much without a gamepad. some games like kirby, require it all the way through anyway. not sure what nintendo was thinking. though, kirby is very fun with the gamepad. I much prefer it over a pro controller or that game anyway at least. I think you can hack the vwii without a gamepad, but wuphax may not work without one or at least getting into it. you can hack it with a game though, like I did, with smash stack which loads a fake level in the level editor thing. just requires an sd card iirc.

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
that game requires the gamepad in a few stages too. yes, you can't do much without a gamepad. some games like kirby, require it all the way through anyway. not sure what nintendo was thinking. though, kirby is very fun with the gamepad. I much prefer it over a pro controller or that game anyway at least. I think you can hack the vwii without a gamepad, but wuphax may not work without one or at least getting into it. you can hack it with a game though, like I did, with smash stack which loads a fake level in the level editor thing. just requires an sd card iirc.
but at the end, i just bought the wii u, and so, I don't have more games than the one that came with it, super mario 3d world, and cannot see the screen cuse its in HDMI, i had to use a friend's tv to see it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So then my Wii U is practically useless?, i only have Super Mario 3d World, as it came with the wii u, but I can't even see the screen cuse it's stuck in HDMI, and so the config are only accessable with the gamepad
You'll have to borrow a gamepad from someone to set up Haxchi or CBHC and then you can modify the DS title to not require the gamepad so you can get into homebrew. But it's not ideal since you can't use System Settings without a gamepad. But at least you can play most games.

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn.. i have the same issue

i bought a wii u and the gamepad seperately as broken and tried to fix its issues.
once fix i have a problem that the gamepad and wii u have both different regions..
was thinking to use a android phone and pc ,but they require a ubuntu and some 5ghz dongle.

need to exploit the wii u first in order to remove the region lock on gamepad..
problem is cant even bypass the initial startup..

Codycmpz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
damn.. i have the same issue

i bought a wii u and the gamepad seperately as broken and tried to fix its issues.
once fix i have a problem that the gamepad and wii u have both different regions..
was thinking to use a android phone and pc ,but they require a ubuntu and some 5ghz dongle.

need to exploit the wii u first in order to remove the region lock on gamepad..
problem is cant even bypass the initial startup..
Maybe you can tell someone to lend thiers, and thus you install tiramisu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?