Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well guess I'll get smash used off amazon, is that all I need to buy?

Can I use an USB stick (I have a 16 gb one) to load games and what not? What do I need to use the exploit? An SD card no matter what?

I really don't want to buy an external HD.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can I use an USB stick (I have a 16 gb one) to load games and what not? What do I need to use the exploit? An SD card no matter what?

Borrow the game, maybe know somebody in a pawn shop and borrow it;-) Good luck. OH, yes, game needed, exploit "package" on SD card, then follow directions. ALWAYS follow directions.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

buy it used and take it back!

and the 16 GBwill work fine, you'll just have to change out games a lot, in the future it would be worth while to have an external HDD so you won't have to exchange games all the time, and it will last longer.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK, after creating a topic about my semi-bricked vWii, I decided to look this topic one more time.

My only way to un-brick my vWii is to try to restore my nand backup.

As I have followed Truth's instructions step by step from another topic,I created a nand backup with FS-Toolbox 0.4d.

I just saw that in the first post,TC wrothe that nand restore is possible but with extreme caution.

But How is it possible?
Is there any tutorial or any step by step guide?

Thanks in advance!

iamisaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't find this information, if it has been asked, can you add it to OP?

Buying VC games on the wiiu's eshop will give you a discount if you already own it on the vWii. Has anyone tried installing a VC channel on vWii to get the discount on eshop? Or does it have a way to check and block it? Thank you for your help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The discount works only if you officially bought the game previously on Wii.
Nintendo keep tracks of all bought games and which Wii bought them. (Your Wii's ID is your account)
When you transfered the Wii to vWii, nintendo also marked your WiiU as the same account holder and know which games you bought on Wii.

If you install a Wad files that you didn't purchase legally, it will not be found on Nintendo's eshop information, so you can't get a discount.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heavy01, basically, the flash drive may fail in anywhere from 6 months to two years due tothe quality of the USB drive you own (if it's by a decent manufacturer like sandisk, it will be fine for use. If it's a cheap stick you got from a bargain bin, you may have trouble down the line.)

And tbh, why not get an external drive? You can pick up a 500gb for like, $45, and a 1TB for $100, it will likely last longer than the Wii U, and hold every game in your (legitimately backed up of course, right?) collection.

But in a pinch, a usb stick will work fine. It just may suddenly stop working in a couple months, lol.

ElvinBautista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones and SSB as suggested above. I think there may be one other. Zelda no longer works on the Wii U. I think there's an entire beginning to end guide in the Wii U forum...

...here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/ (my fav)

or here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/
If i follow these guides now, is there something i should worry about for the 4.0.0 Update on the Wii U?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i follow these guides now, is there something i should worry about for the 4.0.0 Update on the Wii U?

Nope, homebrew works perfectly, but you need to install a forward as the homebrew channel has the same title ID as a VC game, so it forces to 4:3 ratio. Some people don't mind, other do, the forwarder will neutralize the issue :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU