Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run GameCube Games? YES! (Devolution for VWii is quite compatible, but requires a whole lot of kibbitzing to get working because of "anti-piracy" Measures. More info in this thread. Also, Before leaving the Scene, Crediar gave us Nintendont, another Gamecube backcompat program. Compatibility has increased significantly since it was released, and even runs some games that Devolution couldn't. Also, Open source! If you'd like to download or help with this project, more information in this thread. Here's a compatibility List.)
This could probably use a minor update, since Nintendont now has amazing compatibility and Devolution is barely worth mentioning. (Simply for the fact that it exists and does perform the same basic function... But Nintendont is the obvious choice for pretty much everyone.)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could probably use a minor update, since Nintendont now has amazing compatibility and Devolution is barely worth mentioning. (Simply for the fact that it exists and does perform the same basic function... But Nintendont is the obvious choice for pretty much everyone.)
The only reason someone would want to use devolution is for broadband adapter emulation at this point

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'd probably need to be on the "current" firmware to play online? In that case you'd need an 3DS-like EmuNAND or a version spoofer.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I'm on 5.5.0E, hopefully there will be support soon, Cannot wait to play backup games:

Super Mario 3D World
Xenoblade chronicles X
Kirby power paintbrush
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Pikmin 30
Splatoon
Zelda Wii U
Zelda TP HD
Raymans Legends
Yoshi's Woolly World
Donkey Kong Country: (the ice one)
Cod: Black Ops 2
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
NES Remix 1 & 2

That's what i'll hack it for, maybe a few more in the future, all the other good ones I already own

Reactions: paulloeduardo

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 5.5.0E, hopefully there will be support soon, Cannot wait to play backup games:

Super Mario 3D World
Xenoblade chronicles X
Kirby power paintbrush
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Pikmin 30
Splatoon
Zelda Wii U
Zelda TP HD
Raymans Legends
Yoshi's Woolly World
Donkey Kong Country: (the ice one)
Cod: Black Ops 2
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
NES Remix 1 & 2

That's what i'll hack it for, maybe a few more in the future, all the other good ones I already own

Or you could just buy those games. Just sayin'. :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone here can tell how downloadable content works on wii U? Its like the wii (download a .wad dlc from around the internet) ? I mean, there's a way to make dlc work with the use of loadiine yet (the legal and the illegal way)? Also, titles from e-shop will be possible only when the iosu hack comes?

Last edited by almmiron,

Navjit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii u is over 5.3.2 is there anyway to downgrade or will I have to wait until there is a way to downgrade because I am really hoping to play backups on my Wii u?

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Wii u is over 5.3.2 is there anyway to downgrade or will I have to wait until there is a way to downgrade because I am really hoping to play backups on my Wii u?
Just Wait. Turn off the internet config on your wii U, just for precaution, and stay in the current version you are. There are things coming soon (dont ask when, but stay tuned) for 5.5.0. and 5.4.0....Theres no way to downgrade, and when the IOSU hack comes, maybe there will be, but I dont think we will need to. Read 1st post!

Last edited by almmiron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far