Hacking Hacking playstation tv ?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I wonder if we can hack playsation tv to play all games we want from ps vita ?

If we can, how does it work ? do we have to "install" each games iso or we load it from a usb drive or usb stick from pkg format or iso format ?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since you're using a PSTV, you have to transfer them over via FTP.

There will be support for external USB drives sometime in the near future.

Ok :) but where the games are stored ? Into inside hdd space of the pstv ? I am completely new to pstv, I dont know how much space it have and if the space is upgradable etc. I read somewhere we can load psx games too ? :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The PSTV only has 1GB internal storage, you have to use memory cards to upgrade it. Games are stored either on that 1GB storage, or the memory card if one is installed. Games are installed two ones. One is via a VPK, which is basically a .zip file that installs via a file manager like Molecular Shell or Vita Shell. The second way is via folder installs, you get the folder of the game you want to install, move it to your PSTV, then install it in Vita Shell.

PS1 games can be loaded 2 ways at the moment, through native emulation via Retroarch which runs most games at a playable speed and more complex ones at slower speeds (as it's native emulation), or via ARK which runs in PSP mode and runs all games at 100% speeds, but with no sound.

I highly suggest you read the noob thread if you're completely new.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks a lot for your help, very appreciated :)

The PSTV only has 1GB internal storage, you have to use memory cards to upgrade it. Games are stored either on that 1GB storage, or the memory card if one is installed. Games are installed two ones. One is via a VPK, which is basically a .zip file that installs via a file manager like Molecular Shell or Vita Shell. The second way is via folder installs, you get the folder of the game you want to install, move it to your PSTV, then install it in Vita Shell.

PS1 games can be loaded 2 ways at the moment, through native emulation via Retroarch which runs most games at a playable speed and more complex ones at slower speeds (as it's native emulation), or via ARK which runs in PSP mode and runs all games at 100% speeds, but with no sound.

I highly suggest you read the noob thread if you're completely new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.