Hacking Hacking my new 2DS

Sega dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 2DS for Christmas. It came with firmware 6.0.0-12U. I have not updated it, I haven't even attempted to connect it to the internet. What are my options for hacking it? I don't own Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D. I have the old version of Ironfall on my sisters' 3DSes (currently unhacked), can I get it on my 2DS somehow?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted-236924

You are on 6.x and have a good browser, you are good to go.
You can use both the browser exploit to launch rxTools or the MSET exploit which is great because, in case the browser exploit fails for whatever reason, you would still be able to get MSET exploit installed and get to rxTools that way.
Once in rxTools you can access DevMode/Pasta Mode (depending on your version of rxTools, they're both the same though) and use sysupdater on sysnand to update it to 9.2, from where you should be able to run browserhax to install menuhax which will autoboot rxTools.

Sega dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I followed the tutorial that vb_encryption_vb linked me to. I got rxTools up and running, unlinked my nands, and installed FBI to just emunad. How do I get into DevMode/Pasta Mode and "use sysupdater on sysnand to update it to 9.2"? Thanks for both of your help.

Last edited by Sega dude,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I followed the tutorial that vb_encryption_vb linked me to. I got rxTools up and running, unlinked my nands, and installed FBI. How do I get into DevMode/Pasta Mode and "use sysupdater on sysnand to update it to 9.2"? Thanks for both of your help.

In the rxTools menu (Hold L when launching rxTools), the " Advanced Settings" menu should have a Devmode/Pastamode option, which will launch Sysnand without firmlaunch (Firmlaunch being enabled is what causes bricks when updating). Sysupdater is a CIA that can install system updates (In CIA form) in the /updates folder on your SD card. You can find the 9.2 update files on that iso site (Google is your friend), so updating would be as simple as downloading all of the 9.2 update CIAs, putting them in /updates, launching rxTools devmode, and using sysupdater to install.

Please follow the guide posted previously. There's an "Updating to 9.0 and 9.2" section which details exactly how to accomplish this.

Last edited by Townsperson,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c