Hacking Hacking Koroks! (Help wanted)

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I have been doing some findings in how BOTW savegame tracks obtained koroks.

* All values in BOTW savegame are stored as an integer (even simple boolean flags like the korok ones), and comes accompanied by a four byte header :-)
* Every event, map location, korok, talked characters, whatever, has a different header :-)
* Korok seed headers doesn't seem to follow a pattern :-(
* Korok seed headers are placed randomly in the savegame :-(

I have compared various savegames with 900 legit koroks and 0 koroks and I have a list of 4500+ offsets that could include korok headers.
Trying one by one would be impossible to test because the game only shows the korok seed icon when the map is zoomed in, and since the headers are placed randomly, it would take too much time to look at the complete map and find if it really was a korok seed.

I have two ideas in order to speed up the process of locating korok seed headers in the savegame.

1) create a Cheat Engine code for CEMU+BOTW that allows the game to show the korok seed icon even when the map is not zoomed in. I've found some values that are related to the map zoom, but haven't managed to success :-(
2) search in the game files. I'm pretty sure there must be a file that has all korok seed headers, but I don't know where to start. Does anyone knows the game file structure?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning