Hacking hacking into the eshop

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega-Mario said:
Keep dreaming, kid, keep dreaming... maybe someday your dreams will come true.

Nintendo most likely signs titles _before_ uploading them to the server. They're doing their best to keep their private keys private (unlike Sony
tongue.gif
).

Very supportive of you.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Rankio said:
Mega-Mario said:
Keep dreaming, kid, keep dreaming... maybe someday your dreams will come true.

Nintendo most likely signs titles _before_ uploading them to the server. They're doing their best to keep their private keys private (unlike Sony
tongue.gif
).

Very supportive of you.
Uh, it is obvious that this thread is epicfail. Not like spying a SSL connection with a web debugger will let you hack the 3DS or the eShop or even your mom's computer.

lazymarek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anyone tell me how it is possible to read an access to the eshop server?
When I connect to it with internet explorer 8 it doesn't work and fiddler shows the error message in the received bytes too!

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
bowser said:
rondoh70 said:
QUOTE said:
That is probably a random key to be used in some sort of cryptographic handshake to generate a session ID and some sort of key-pair. For the record you didn't hack or decrypt anything. You captured and decoded, which is a good first step for beginners.
you are right I did a https hand shake the bad thing is that nus no longer lets me connect
Yes that's because Fiddler decrypts traffic for sniffing and then encrypts it back with it's own self-signed certificate before passing on the data to you and the server. No server is going to accept this certificate which is probably why you're not able to connect through NUS. NUS should let you connect again if you shut down Fiddler. And no client (read your computer) is going to accept this certificate either, which is why you had to add Fiddler's certificate to your Windows certificate store when you clicked on the option to decrypt HTTPS traffic in Fiddler's settings. Or maybe you added it to your browser's certificate store. Either way, you have to configure the client to accept this fake certificate.

At the most you'll be able to see the e-shop traffic but there's no way you're actually going to hack into it. Unless Nintendo really, really messed up somewhere
tongue.gif
offtopic: BOWSER UR POST COUNT IS 666 XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude chess is best