OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
QUOTE said:
Two high profile hacker groups have called on their followers to boycott PayPal over its continued refusal to handle donations to Wikileaks.

Anonymous and Lulz Security issued a joint statement asking supporters to withdraw funds and close their accounts.

PayPal froze Wikileaks' assets after it released stolen US diplomatic cables.

The company declined to comment on the boycott because of ongoing legal action over attempts to hack its website.

Launching the campaign, LulzSec and Anonymous wrote in an online posting: "PayPal continues to withhold funds from WikiLeaks, a beacon of truth in these dark times.

"By simply standing up for ourselves and uniting the people, PayPal still sees it fit to wash its hands of any blame, and instead encourages and assists law enforcement to hunt down participants in the AntiSec movement [the campaign to highlight weak IT security]."
Going straight

The campaign marks something of a departure for LulzSec and Anonymous, which are both known for stealing and releasing private information from websites with poor security.
Continue reading the main story

The groups are at pains to emphasise that their current protest is being waged through legal means.

More than 100 million people around the world use PayPal to make online payments.

The company incurred the wrath of online activists, including Anonymous and Lulz Security, when it appeared to bow to pressure from the US government to stop handling donations to Wikileaks in December 2010.

Shortly afterwards the site suffered several denial of service attacks.

Earlier this month - in July 2011 - 14 people in the US and Europe were arrested in connection with the attacks.

Although it would not discuss the boycott specifically, in a statement PayPal told BBC News: "As we state in our privacy policy, PayPal works with law enforcement or government officials if we receive a subpoena or court order; if we need to do so to comply with law; or if we believe in good faith that illegal activity has occurred."

Source

Seems like the paypal issue with Wikileaks is not going to be left alone by these "groups"

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just kids being kids.
tongue.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i'll delete my paypal.... or well i can't delete it but i'll be making a new one after i spend all my paypal cash.
they are gonna freeze it in 14 days anyway because i tried to get a PayPal debit card and don't have a bank account to register, it's that kind of bullshit i really hate they flag your account to be froze within 14 day if you don't provide them with proof you are who you say for the most ridiculous reasons.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I should delete my PayPal account. Not for any reason other than that these guys will hack the shit out of the place and I don't want them at my debit card info.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anonymous is not a "group" thus it cannot be negotiated with. You can't colaborate with people who are not bound together in a group with a certain structure. If these "Anonymous" are "organized", then they're just a group of peasants under a fancy, trendy name. It has nothing to do with the real, non-organized Anonymous.

D

Deleted_171835

Ahaha, is shit actually happening?

oppaypal2.gif

Anonymous is using legal activism to put the hurt to Paypal via #OpPayPal, so much so that the threat of Operation PayPal has slammed its parent company eBay with between $933M to $1B in a stock crash. Five hours into #OpPayPal, it was estimated that there were four PayPal account closures per minute. Holy ouch! Is the operation against PayPal the reason eBay is bleeding like a sieve as stock prices plummet? [/p]
ebay.gif

And Paypal removed the ability to close accounts online.
oppaypal.gif

http://blogs.computerworld.com/18698/alleg...d_1b_stock_loss

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
they are trying to take claim for ebays stock price drop
hilarious
you think the guys at wall street know who they are or care
id attribute the stock drop to many other reasons including the value of the us dollar going down
and it only went down 1 buck on a 35 buck share that is normal fluctuation in share price

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to close my paypal account because LulzSec and Anonymous, two of the most prominent douchebags groups ask me to? I don't think so. I don't give a shit about wikileaks. Is LulzSec going to reimburse me for all sales I'll loose if i stop accepting paypal? I didn't think so. I don't see paypal capitulating to mob style extortion ether. If anything they'll harden their position and never proses wikileaks donations. Total impact of the boycott in the long run with be 0. Everyone who deleted their account will be opening a new one in a few months because they need to but a new gadget or sell an old one. Want to really hurt paypal? Create an alternative to paypal.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
deathking said:
hilarious
id attribute the stock drop to many other reasons including the value of the us dollar going down
and it only went down 1 buck on a 35 buck share that is normal fluctuation in share price

QUOTEPresident Barack Obama made the stunning announcement to the General Assembly of the United Nations that the United States was filing for bankruptcy and for protection along the lines of what is provided in the Chapter 11 provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code. As Greece had sought and received protection from the European Union, Obama said that the United States was seeking the same from the world's financial communities.

Why are you suprised, people?

Also, a big F.U to you, U.S.A. You blew your money off on petty wars in the Middle East, now deal with it. With all my heart I hope that the impossible will happen and that nobody helps you get back on your feet. There should be only one country the U.S should depend on, and it's the U.S itself.

I pray to God Almighty that my Tax money will not go on funding more nonsensical bullcrap of the U.S government, I hope *my* money won't fuel the everyday Joe's need to buy sh*t on credit, I hope that the Colossus on clay legs crushes to the ground with a loud *thump*, maybe it will help your politicians wake the f*ck up, because what they've been doing for the past years is completely inacceptable.

debtiv.gif

THIS is why the E-Bay stock plummets. Unfamiliar number? That's your Public Debt, U.S citizens.

The estimated population of the United States is 311,012,397, so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,129.78.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $3.82 billion per day since September 28, 2007.

Great, just great. Thank God I perfected the Slow Clapping technique. *claps*

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know wut?

Let them get my paypal account and debit card info... all they will be getting from me is -$287.

Wait... hold the hell on.

QUOTE said:
QUOTE(deathking @ Jul 28 2011, 01:27 AM) *
hilarious

President Barack Obama made the stunning announcement to the General Assembly of the United Nations that the United States was filing for bankruptcy and for protection along the lines of what is provided in the Chapter 11 provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code. As Greece had sought and received protection from the European Union, Obama said that the United States was seeking the same from the world's financial communities.

Why are you suprised, people?

Also, a big F.U to you, U.S.A. You blew your money off on petty wars in the Middle East, now deal with it. With all my heart I hope that the impossible will happen and that nobody helps you get back on your feet. There should be only one country the U.S should depend on, and it's the U.S itself.

I pray to God Almighty that my Tax money will not go on funding more nonsensical bullcrap of the U.S government, I hope *my* money won't fuel the everyday Joe's need to buy sh*t on credit, I hope that the Colossus on clay legs crushes to the ground with a loud *thump*, maybe it will help your politicians wake the f*ck up, because what they've been doing for the past years is completely inacceptable.

THIS is why the E-Bay stock plummets. Unfamiliar number? That's your Public Debt, U.S citizens.

The estimated population of the United States is 311,012,397, so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,129.78.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $3.82 billion per day since September 28, 2007.

Great, just great. Thank God I perfected the Slow Clapping technique. *claps*

I'm assuming that you are thinking that it is entirely the U.S.'s fault that the rest of the world is crumbling. Not only that, you seem to think that everyone in the US feels the same way that the politicians, wealthy, predecessors, and people who were old enough to vote for all of this.

We ALL did not want this and the current and future children of this world will suffer far more than you are right if everyone does not come together right now and work this thing out.

D

Deleted_171835

Foxi4 said:
debtiv.gif

All I have to say is, where's our $134.7 billion?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SoulSnatcher said:
Foxi4 said:
debtiv.gif

I'd say that compared to the U.S, Canada's in the clear.

Canada-vs-US-Debt.png

As you can see, since '96 Canada tried to lower its debt as much as possible while the U.S went all "Ah, f*ck all, we ain't got money, we can just as well spend it".

D

Deleted_171835

Foxi4 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Foxi4 said:
debtiv.gif

I'd say that compared to the U.S, Canada's in the clear.

http://topforeignstocks.com/wp-content/upl...-vs-US-Debt.png

As you can see, since '96 Canada tried to lower its debt as much as possible while the U.S went all "Ah, f*ck all, we ain't got money, we can just as well spend it".
At the end of the Clinton administration, the US actually tried to pay off their debt. After Bush came in, we all know what happened.
[tnw=600]http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/image/debt_chart_wh2.jpg[/tnw]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
jonesman99 said:
I'm assuming that you are thinking that it is entirely the U.S.'s fault that the rest of the world is crumbling. Not only that, you seem to think that everyone in the US feels the same way that the politicians, wealthy, predecessors, and people who were old enough to vote for all of this.

We ALL did not want this and the current and future children of this world will suffer far more than you are right if everyone does not come together right now and work this thing out.

I'm not suffering, I'm having great fun. I've been watching the state of matters closely for quite some time and I was waiting for this to happen. To be perfectly honest, I don't give a rat's ass about what happens to your petty economy and badly organized country.

Poland was hardly affected by the global economical crisis, and this recent "fun fact" is not going to affect it much aswell. I sure as hell hope that people will NOT help your country out, because its your and your fault only that the debt is this high.

It didn't "appear" from nowhere, it was slowly growing due to years and years of spending money you didn't have on crap you didn't need. That, and your hyper-agressive Military attitude.

In other words, you DESERVE it.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
jonesman99 said:

I'm not suffering, I'm having great fun. I've been watching the state of matters closely for quite some time and I was waiting for this to happen. To be perfectly honest, I don't give a rat's ass about what happens to your petty economy and badly organized country.

Poland was hardly affected by the global economical crisis, and this recent "fun fact" is not going to affect it much aswell. I sure as hell hope that people will NOT help your country out, because its yours and yours fault only that the debt is this high.

It didn't "appear" from nowhere, it was slowly growing due to years and years of spending money you didn't have on crap you didn't need. That, and your hyper-agressive Military attitude.

In other words, you DESERVE it.
Once again you're doing exactly what he said in the first place and placing the blame on every single American which is just ridiculous, it's like blaming a whole town for a murder that was committed by one man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.