Hackers call for PayPal boycott

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by shakirmoledina, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. shakirmoledina
    OP

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    Source

Seems like the paypal issue with Wikileaks is not going to be left alone by these "groups"

2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Just kids being kids. [​IMG]

3. madeinair

Newcomer madeinair Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Man, these guys are making something happen!! i really do applaud them.

4. Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Member Yu-Gi-Oh 100 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    paypal needs to be destroyed along with ebay.

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Nah, I still like eBay.

I'll be keeping my Paypal.

6. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i think i'll delete my paypal.... or well i can't delete it but i'll be making a new one after i spend all my paypal cash.
    they are gonna freeze it in 14 days anyway because i tried to get a PayPal debit card and don't have a bank account to register, it's that kind of bullshit i really hate they flag your account to be froze within 14 day if you don't provide them with proof you are who you say for the most ridiculous reasons.

7. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Maybe I should delete my PayPal account. Not for any reason other than that these guys will hack the shit out of the place and I don't want them at my debit card info.

8. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Anonymous is not a "group" thus it cannot be negotiated with. You can't colaborate with people who are not bound together in a group with a certain structure. If these "Anonymous" are "organized", then they're just a group of peasants under a fancy, trendy name. It has nothing to do with the real, non-organized Anonymous.

9. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Ahaha, is shit actually happening?

[​IMG]

Anonymous is using legal activism to put the hurt to Paypal via #OpPayPal, so much so that the threat of Operation PayPal has slammed its parent company eBay with between $933M to $1B in a stock crash. Five hours into #OpPayPal, it was estimated that there were four PayPal account closures per minute. Holy ouch! Is the operation against PayPal the reason eBay is bleeding like a sieve as stock prices plummet? [/p]
    [​IMG]

And Paypal removed the ability to close accounts online.
    [​IMG]
    http://blogs.computerworld.com/18698/alleg...d_1b_stock_loss

10. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    they are trying to take claim for ebays stock price drop
    hilarious
    you think the guys at wall street know who they are or care
    id attribute the stock drop to many other reasons including the value of the us dollar going down
    and it only went down 1 buck on a 35 buck share that is normal fluctuation in share price

11. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    I'm going to close my paypal account because LulzSec and Anonymous, two of the most prominent douchebags groups ask me to? I don't think so. I don't give a shit about wikileaks. Is LulzSec going to reimburse me for all sales I'll loose if i stop accepting paypal? I didn't think so. I don't see paypal capitulating to mob style extortion ether. If anything they'll harden their position and never proses wikileaks donations. Total impact of the boycott in the long run with be 0. Everyone who deleted their account will be opening a new one in a few months because they need to but a new gadget or sell an old one. Want to really hurt paypal? Create an alternative to paypal.

12. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    These guys have heaps of power [​IMG]
    I think they might actually succeed in taking paypal down..

13. Foxi4

pip
    Poland

Why are you suprised, people?

Also, a big F.U to you, U.S.A. You blew your money off on petty wars in the Middle East, now deal with it. With all my heart I hope that the impossible will happen and that nobody helps you get back on your feet. There should be only one country the U.S should depend on, and it's the U.S itself.

I pray to God Almighty that my Tax money will not go on funding more nonsensical bullcrap of the U.S government, I hope *my* money won't fuel the everyday Joe's need to buy sh*t on credit, I hope that the Colossus on clay legs crushes to the ground with a loud *thump*, maybe it will help your politicians wake the f*ck up, because what they've been doing for the past years is completely inacceptable.

[​IMG]

THIS is why the E-Bay stock plummets. Unfamiliar number? That's your Public Debt, U.S citizens.

The estimated population of the United States is 311,012,397, so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,129.78.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $3.82 billion per day since September 28, 2007.

Great, just great. Thank God I perfected the Slow Clapping technique. *claps*

14. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    You know wut?

Let them get my paypal account and debit card info... all they will be getting from me is -$287.

Wait... hold the hell on.

I'm assuming that you are thinking that it is entirely the U.S.'s fault that the rest of the world is crumbling. Not only that, you seem to think that everyone in the US feels the same way that the politicians, wealthy, predecessors, and people who were old enough to vote for all of this.

We ALL did not want this and the current and future children of this world will suffer far more than you are right if everyone does not come together right now and work this thing out.

15. soulx

Canada
    All I have to say is, where's our $134.7 billion?

16. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    I'd say that compared to the U.S, Canada's in the clear.

[​IMG]

As you can see, since '96 Canada tried to lower its debt as much as possible while the U.S went all "Ah, f*ck all, we ain't got money, we can just as well spend it".

17. soulx

Canada
    At the end of the Clinton administration, the US actually tried to pay off their debt. After Bush came in, we all know what happened.
    [tnw=600]http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/image/debt_chart_wh2.jpg[/tnw]

18. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    I'm not suffering, I'm having great fun. I've been watching the state of matters closely for quite some time and I was waiting for this to happen. To be perfectly honest, I don't give a rat's ass about what happens to your petty economy and badly organized country.

Poland was hardly affected by the global economical crisis, and this recent "fun fact" is not going to affect it much aswell. I sure as hell hope that people will NOT help your country out, because its your and your fault only that the debt is this high.

It didn't "appear" from nowhere, it was slowly growing due to years and years of spending money you didn't have on crap you didn't need. That, and your hyper-agressive Military attitude.

In other words, you DESERVE it.

19. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    GTFO, No way am i withdrawing my Paypal account.lol [​IMG]

edit:typo

20. DeathStrudel

Member DeathStrudel GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Once again you're doing exactly what he said in the first place and placing the blame on every single American which is just ridiculous, it's like blaming a whole town for a murder that was committed by one man