Hacked Switch won't detect RCM

weefsat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I have a hacked switch I didn't use for a while. I was running an old version of Kosmos on it (and if I remember correctly it also has autoRCM enabled).

I wanted to play it and it didn't turn on, so I assumed it ran out of power at some point and went to my PC to load a payload onto it with TegraRCMGUI.

The RCM connected, I could load the test payload succesfully, then I loaded hekate 5.0.0 (the old one I had on my PC from the time I used Kosmos) some atmosphere and Kosmos logos diplayed and it shut down. I tried again and the same thing happened. I disconnected the USB and tried the process again from start and now I can't even make the RCM connection anymore, though my PC recognizes that a Switch is connected. Anyone have any idea what's going on and what I should do?

Edit: I managed to get back into RCM by holding the power off button for 30 seconds, but I still can't get into CFW, I jsut get logo displays and then black screen.

Thank you for your time and help guys, I appreciate it!

Last edited by weefsat,

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Connect the charger, after 5 min hold power down for 15 sec, then let it charge for a couple of hours, then try again

Xanol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try taking out the sd card and blowing on it and/or just reinserting it. Sometimes the payload will run but it won't have anything TO run because the system isn't recognizing the card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I have a hacked switch I didn't use for a while. I was running an old version of Kosmos on it (and if I remember correctly it also has autoRCM enabled).

I wanted to play it and it didn't turn on, so I assumed it ran out of power at some point and went to my PC to load a payload onto it with TegraRCMGUI.

The RCM connected, I could load the test payload succesfully, then I loaded hekate 5.0.0 (the old one I had on my PC from the time I used Kosmos) some atmosphere and Kosmos logos diplayed and it shut down. I tried again and the same thing happened. I disconnected the USB and tried the process again from start and now I can't even make the RCM connection anymore, though my PC recognizes that a Switch is connected. Anyone have any idea what's going on and what I should do?

Edit: I managed to get back into RCM by holding the power off button for 30 seconds, but I still can't get into CFW, I jsut get logo displays and then black screen.

Thank you for your time and help guys, I appreciate it!
How is the SD card formatted?

HulkWogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this happen once, just charge it for a while, send the payload via Tegrarcm then instantly disconnect from PC and connect to an official charger. You will need to do this quickly I may add.

It will now charge as expected, I spent days with this problem and that was the only solution that worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.