Hacking Hacked 3ds can't play DS game

szunyzoli99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So, I have an original 'old' 3ds that I hacked a few months back. It was originally Japanese, but I changed the region to Europe. Played through my copy of Pokémon Sun no problem. However, I tried to play a DS game on it, and it doesn't seem to work. It can read the cart just fine, displays the right game in the HOME menu, but when I try to play it the screen just goes black and nothing. If I press any buttons the screen gets darker for a bit, then I get thrown out back to the HOME menu. The game does work fine in my DS Lite.
Can this somehow be related to hacking? Any ideas what might be the problem and how I can fix it?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have an original 'old' 3ds that I hacked a few months back. It was originally Japanese, but I changed the region to Europe. Played through my copy of Pokémon Sun no problem. However, I tried to play a DS game on it, and it doesn't seem to work. It can read the cart just fine, displays the right game in the HOME menu, but when I try to play it the screen just goes black and nothing. If I press any buttons the screen gets darker for a bit, then I get thrown out back to the HOME menu. The game does work fine in my DS Lite.
Can this somehow be related to hacking? Any ideas what might be the problem and how I can fix it?
Sure the ds game is not a fake?

Reactions: szunyzoli99

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue happen with Pokemon Soul Silver it could never even read the cartridge the simple fix is to download twilight menu ++ and play the game via SD. I have a old 3DS aswell

Reactions: szunyzoli99

szunyzoli99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I had a similar issue happen with Pokemon Soul Silver it could never even read the cartridge the simple fix is to download twilight menu ++ and play the game via SD. I have a old 3DS aswell
Yeah I read about people having issues with HG/SS in particular, but the weird thing that bugs me is that the console recognizes the cart always. It just can't play the game.

szunyzoli99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Because alot of bootlegs will not work on 3DS
That makes sense, but I don't think this is a bootleg. It's a German copy of a DS Harvest Moon game, Sunshine Island or something along those lines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe it is region locked but I thought a hacked 3DS can bypass cartridge region games.
In that case I would get an error message, and DS games work regardless of region. Also I was playing a European copy of Pokémon Sun, so it definitely bypassed the region lock.

szunyzoli99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok use localization feature of Luma3DS
You mean change the region? I already did that. The 3DS is in European region right now. But if you mean something else please tell me. I'm not that knowledgeable about console hacks and terminology.

szunyzoli99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.