hack vWii without Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by yoshiiaki, Mar 20, 2016.

1. yoshiiaki
    OP

yoshiiaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Hello,I have Wii U modded so I can download and play games. However, of course with my luck, all the games I want to play require online functionality to get the most out of them. Therefore I am still buying the game anyways and then stuck dealing with Nusgrabber to update the games when it is released.

I am spoofed to 5.5.1, but was wondering if 1: can i just connect to the nintendo servers and update my system to official 5.5.1, and 2:more importantly, will I be able to maintain my vWii mods? I have nintendont setup there and still regularly hop in to play gamecube games.

If either of those are a no, then i will deal with things as they are. I just don't want to try to update to official 5.5.1 if there is potential of bricking nor do i want to lose the ability to play gamecube games and eventually snes games too.

Thank you.

2. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Read the stickies

3. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    What's your problem with nusgrabber ?

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if you got your wiiu spoofed all you need to do is use nusgrabber and install the latest game update with it and then you stay spoofed and can go online.

and vwii isnt affected at all for any wiiu fw be it 1.0.0 or 5.5.1 it will stay normal.

but yes dont update to real 5.5.1 when you can do everything while spoofed anyway.