hack request: GB Smart Card Pokemon GB Tower patch

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Snugglevixen, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I got a Smart card today and it works fine with Transfer Paks, that is until you try to use the GB tower in Stadium or Stadium 2

There is a thread here where people have been patching games to work on Smart Card including Pokémon Red and Blue patches which I've tried
    http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5804&sid=7e0f160c9abecd49e06152c486865aff&start=300

Perhaps a similar patch needs to be done to get the GB tower to load from Smart Card?

I would ask the hackers in that link to make me a patch but I never got my registration verification email no matter how many times I clicked resend.

Stadium 1 insta crashes while Stadium 2 tries to load the ROM and crashes part way. I think either Blue needs a patch or Stadium needs a patch.

Last edited by Snugglevixen, Jun 4, 2015
  2. Drenn

Drenn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2013
    Canada
    I imagine it won't work if you're using a multi-rom menu. The pokemon game should be the only game loaded onto the bank (the 1st bank I guess). If that doesn't work then I'm stumped and don't know what to tell you.

3. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    No multi ROM menu. Stadium seems to be happy until you use the GB Tower. I know that unpatched Red and Blue ROMS had issues on Smart Card on a normal GB so I imagine either another patch is needed for GB Tower or Stadium needs a patch.
    I think I have seen a screenshot of someone getting GB Tower working on emulator which normally has the same crash when I've tried, so I'll see what I can find out about that

Update:
    Apparently GB Tower should work with a flash cart. Someone has even made non Pokémon games work by changing the ROM header.
    Perhaps mine has an issue, I had a bad Blue ROM or I need the US version of Stadium
    http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1283.0

Update 2: Turns out the problem was with Pokemon - Blue Version (UE) [!], I got it working on a Emuparadise's ROM. It then crashed on free battle, possibly due loading the save from the bad rom and saving progress on the good rom. Gonna try out this hack I wanna play now.

Update 3: Hack works perfectly! Well, it was designed for the ROM that wasn't working so I did encounter a bug where Pokémon appears on the start menu before receiving a starter.

Last edited by Snugglevixen, Jun 4, 2015
  4. Snugglevixen
    This message by Snugglevixen has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jun 4, 2015.
    Jun 4, 2015
  5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    @Snugglevixen i have a question about that card, if you want to play 2+ games with saves do you have to continually change the save on the pc?