ROM Hack RELEASE hacbuild - The XCI rebuilder

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to decrypt Stardew nca then repack it as xci and it loaded under SX OS. But it still throws an error saying it needs to check online to authentic it, then obviously fails. So the app works, but it can't bypass eShop DRM check even in emulated cartridge form.
So could you repack the devmenu into a xci format then? Since it has no DRM?

I'm thinking about messing with this, but have no idea where to start lol Cant find the required nca lol

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can give it a spin. Maybe even try new updates since they have open tickets.

rip was literally about to try the same thing, I've heard we'll get support for .nro in 1.3

I dunno how they'll do it though. Maybe patch the kernel like LFS.

Reactions: Lumince

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can give it a spin. Maybe even try new updates since they have open tickets.

I dunno how they'll do it though. Maybe patch the kernel like LFS.
If you don't mind sharing how you make it if it works? i have the exefs and the romfs of the devmenu but cant really piece together what I need to do xD (sorry to bother you)

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind sharing how you make it if it works? i have the exefs and the romfs of the devmenu but cant really piece together what I need to do xD (sorry to bother you)

Can't go reverse from romfs to XCI yet. NCA is the limit at this point.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't go reverse from romfs to XCI yet. NCA is the limit at this point.
oh :( so I would need to find a nca file of it sadness.
Im guessing you only have the same then? or do you have an nca of the devmenu?
nvm found it!

Edit- Tried it myself and my switch freaked out. Not gonna happen for me lol

Last edited by Lumince,

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried repacking eShop NCA with the --plaintext function to remove the TITLEKEY ? RSA encryption would be broken though I guess ?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wanted to convert Yooka NSP to XCI as per the screen shot. Got keys, got NSP, got the gui 0.0.0.13 iirc, but continually errors.

Do I read correctly that this isn’t working/possible yet?

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Managed to decrypt Stardew nca then repack it as xci and it loaded under SX OS. But it still throws an error saying it needs to check online to authentic it, then obviously fails. So the app works, but it can't bypass eShop DRM check even in emulated cartridge form.
maybe now with SX OS 1.3 it will work?

yakuza8702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
anyone know what my problem is? every time i try to read xci it give me system unauthorized access i even run as admin

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, ¿how did you fill game_info.ini I'm trying to build an eshop game with rebuild unencrypted NCAs that I made with NCABuilder but I'm getting error reading the cartridge, it doesn't register the info in the SO. I believe it's because of an invalid game_info.ini

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Got it working, the key it's to have the nsp license installed in the switch, either by:
1.- Buying it in the eshop
2.- Having the nsp in nsp installed in the switch at a previous time
3.- Install a tinfoil .nsp to add the ticket to the database
Also use a cart 2 game_info.ini (I used Mario tennis aces) and only use 3 partitions "update", "secure", "normal". If all things are met you're golden ;).
It may be posible to use certless NCAs made by NCAbuilder but I could't get them to work. (SX loads it but game doesn't appear)
It also may be possible to add tickets and certs to the secure partition as "revision" carts have for updates. Zelda (rev1), Zelda (rev2), Mario Kart (rev1) ... but couldn't get it to work either (SX freeze)

SwitchMods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@LucaFraga is there any news about the possibility of rebuild NCA after editing its contents? thank you

PS: I'm asking this because I'm interested in rom modding (expecially in rebuilding the xci, without using layeredFS).

Last edited by SwitchMods,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters