H2testw results.....

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hah me too that why iam so confused but all of this :D for sure they can lock themselves on read only even perfectly new one :D thats why iam avoiding patriot micro sd :
Haha happened to me at my old work. Brand spanking Sandisk, some kind of pro card. We ordered like 5 of them so it wasn't a big deal so it was just to ask the distributor for a new card and they sent it right away.

The teacher was like "But it's brand new!". I didn't want to entertain a old person not understanding that mass produced products can break before use because of <reasons>...

Reactions: Lamcza

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is interested there is a much faster way to test the capacity of the card and it can be done in minutes not hours for higher capacity SD Card like 256GB, although it seems to top out at 512GB for support.
Although H2testw is more thorough then the faster method.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
3. Then run h2testw again, and see if the issue persists.
i mean the funny thing is that issue is not there on any other h2 scans (did 3 and only the first one shows errors )without chkdsk run on it :D

PS. Samsung sucks only kingstone or sandisk :D

edit: i push that chkdsk

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /F /R /X F:
The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 8FD4-5E70
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.
Windows is verifying free space...
Free space verification is complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.
971 629 824 KB total disk space.
32 KB in 1 hidden files.
64 KB in 2 files.
971 629 696 KB are available.

32 768 bytes in each allocation unit.
30 363 432 total allocation units on disk.
30 363 428 allocation units available on disk.

i guess the card is fine perhaps it was just an error in first h2scan idk?

Last edited by Lamcza,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, the sd card does have some logic inside of it, and when something triggered those blocks they probably got disabled by the sd card itself right? (I'm sadly not that invested in how they work)
Exactly that. chkdsk can't do shit since it doesn't have low level access to the SD card. It was the controller on the card that detected the error and swapped the bad block.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Exactly that. chkdsk can't do shit since it doesn't have low level access to the SD card. It was the controller on the card that detected the error and swapped the bad block.
chkdsk only repairs possibily bad filesystem damage. Nothing more.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A (micro)SD will not repair bad sectors by itself. The Controller doesnt even have the ability like a SSD, which has a seperate Controller for that like doing the wear leveling.

For sure he ran some other diagnostics on Windows, like the drive repair feature which does the same, or is chkdsk with /f or /r. Or he did a full format on the card, which will remove bad sectors, too.

Chkdsk /f searches for logical Errors (filesystem)
Chkdsk /r searches also for bad sectors
Microsoft.learn chkdsk

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So like i said I was curious about this brand and the price was good just bought the second one. :rofl2:

This time no bad sectors but it is pretty funny too. After partitioning it in hekate it is losing like hafl of read speed :D but if it has only one whole partition it works like a charm even when fully loaded lol :D

Now i can return them in peace :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch