astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yessiree, I caved in, and got the lovely H1N1 flu shot. Why? Because my university is in a bumfuck nowhere town, and had at last count, 10+ people infected with it. My parents both said it is neccessary to get the shot - I disagree still --> It's JUST THE FUCKING FLU. However, the ill effects of the shot are very very bad. Right now, I feel like I am catching a cold - slight aches and pains. After getting the flu shot, the entire area of the arm where the shot went in was red. Seriously never had that happen to me either.

I'm starting to letterbox - I have two hand made stamps that are going into two boxes...but I cannot find my plastic sandwich bags to save my life! Honestly, very annoying. (Tupperware/Rubbermade isn't completely water proof, and the plastic bags are another layer of protection --> that's what she said!)

I'd also ask my university's service desk if they can keep a letterbox in that office. Very cool for people to find out that their school has an interactive way to find out about services - hence the letterbox thingy.

Also found my pirated copy of Age of Empires 2 with the Conqueror's expansion and Paint Shop Pro on it. Must install the program, or find out about other things to stamp out of.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
@haflore: Letterboxing is like geocacheing, but only exchanging art created by stamps. People place the stuff in boxes in the outdoors/urban areas and create clues for it. Basically boxes consist of a logbook, a stamp, and any extras you want to put in. Photos are pending - my cable is at my dorm; and my shitty laptop doesn't have a SDHC capable reader. Thanks.

@Edhel: A lot of stuff. The latest three I've made are: a Star Trek logo, the Klingon symbol, and a drawing of a pen. I love the fact that I've made several names/typewritten ones --> I have one for my Operation Beautiful.com notes.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well despite my belief that the H1N1 flu is a hoax, that still doesn't make me a jerk about it. Please get well soon.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Canonbeat234 said:
Well despite my belief that the H1N1 flu is a hoax, that still doesn't make me a jerk about it. Please get well soon.
If you ask me it was mostly the Liberal's trying to play it up so the Conservative's would look bad. Fail for Conservative, win for Liberal.

QUOTE(astrangeone @ Jan 4 2010, 08:03 PM) Yessiree, I caved in, and got the lovely H1N1 flu shot. Why? Because my university is in a bumfuck nowhere town, and had at last count, 10+ people infected with it. My parents both said it is neccessary to get the shot - I disagree still --> It's JUST THE FUCKING FLU. However, the ill effects of the shot are very very bad. Right now, I feel like I am catching a cold - slight aches and pains. After getting the flu shot, the entire area of the arm where the shot went in was red. Seriously never had that happen to me either.
I got it even that I really didn't want to. When I was in the waiting room someone passed out and couldn't move at all after he woke up (he could move his head a bit but nothing else), yet on the news they still say that zero people have had a serious side effects with the vaccine. I never believe those numbers they show anymore.

Plus I didn't eat much for the next like two weeks. I sort of felt like puking the whole time as well. I could hardly sleep since my arm hurt so darn much.

IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET, DON'T GET IT!

D

Deleted_171835

astrangeone said:
Yessiree, I caved in, and got the lovely H1N1 flu shot. Why? Because my university is in a bumfuck nowhere town, and had at last count, 10+ people infected with it. My parents both said it is neccessary to get the shot - I disagree still --> It's JUST THE FUCKING FLU. However, the ill effects of the shot are very very bad. Right now, I feel like I am catching a cold - slight aches and pains. After getting the flu shot, the entire area of the arm where the shot went in was red. Seriously never had that happen to me either.

I'm starting to letterbox - I have two hand made stamps that are going into two boxes...but I cannot find my plastic sandwich bags to save my life! Honestly, very annoying. (Tupperware/Rubbermade isn't completely water proof, and the plastic bags are another layer of protection --> that's what she said!)

I'd also ask my university's service desk if they can keep a letterbox in that office. Very cool for people to find out that their school has an interactive way to find out about services - hence the letterbox thingy.

Also found my pirated copy of Age of Empires 2 with the Conqueror's expansion and Paint Shop Pro on it. Must install the program, or find out about other things to stamp out of.
Agree. The media turned a simple virus (H1N1) which is just like the flu into a "worldwide" pandemic. What the heck! Their is hardly anything different from this and the common flu.

I would like to play Age of Empires 2. Sadly, my computer cannot handle it. I'll need to purchase a new graphics card.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why people get angry about the swine flu is stupid. Who cares if it's not an epidemic; wouldn't you want to prevent something that'll make you feel like crap in the end? I got the shot and it took all of 5 seconds to get. I hardly even noticed. I walked out of there fine. And shots aren't even that expensive.

The flu makes you feel like shit. Swine flu probably makes you feel just as shitty. Yet you get the flu shot to prevent you from getting shitty. See where I'm going here?

I knew swine flu wasn't the next fucking Black Plague, but I wanted the shot anyway.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd prefer to take my chances and not get the shot. In the majority of cases the virus isn't lethal, it's mostly if you have some underlying health problem.
It's either that or get something that has been rushed to the market and not properly tested. Who knows, years from now it could have some nasty side effect.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Revolutionize said:
I would like to play Age of Empires 2. Sadly, my computer cannot handle it. I'll need to purchase a new graphics card.

What the fuck?

Do you have an emachine from the early 90s?

I don't even think you need a graphics card for aoe2, just 200 mhz of cpu and 32mb of ram

D

Deleted_171835

Law said:
Revolutionize said:

What the fuck?

I don't even think you need a graphics card for aoe2, just 200 mhz of cpu and 32mb of ram
I have a HP Pavilion a6109n.

I tried the game and it was glitchy to the point of being unplayable. I assumed it was because of my graphics card.

Meh.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Revolutionize said:
Law said:
Revolutionize said:

What the fuck?

I have a HP Pavilion a6109n.

I tried the game and it was glitchy to the point of being unplayable. I assumed it was because of my graphics card.

Meh.

Probably bad compatibility with new OS' (Vista/Windows 7 have tonnes of problems with older games, usually have to alt tab out after starting the game and ending Explorer.exe using the task manager).

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the swine flu vaccine is lovely and untested, but I got it anyway to avoid the craziness of having to stay home for a week! I cannot afford not to go to classes due to swine flu.

AOE2: My crappy computer (XP, Celeron - 1.5 gigahertz, and 512 megabytes of ram) can still run AOE2 but with the lowest settings turned on.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
I'd prefer to take my chances and not get the shot. In the majority of cases the virus isn't lethal, it's mostly if you have some underlying health problem.
It's either that or get something that has been rushed to the market and not properly tested. Who knows, years from now it could have some nasty side effect.
+1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol