Homebrew WIP GZDoom for Switch

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys. How do I run .ipk files if I want to play Simon's Destiny on switch? In PC you you just put next to the .exe file and it just loads into Simon's destiny even without asking for a mod I want to check. But on switch if just brings me to usual WAD loader, where I choose between DOOM2 and Brutal Doom (the only wads I have installed, aside form Simon's IPK file.)

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys. How do I run .ipk files if I want to play Simon's Destiny on switch? In PC you you just put next to the .exe file and it just loads into Simon's destiny even without asking for a mod I want to check. But on switch if just brings me to usual WAD loader, where I choose between DOOM2 and Brutal Doom (the only wads I have installed, aside form Simon's IPK file.)
I think you place it in a folder called "pwads" and then you select the game you'll use as a base then tab over to the player wad menu and boot you pwad. I've never heard of .ipk but it says GZDoom supports it

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I think you place it in a folder called "pwads" and then you select the game you'll use as a base then tab over to the player wad menu and boot you pwad. I've never heard of .ipk but it says GZDoom supports it
yes, iwads and pwads works as usual, but this mod is in ipk format. Seems to only works with PC version by changing everything on boot.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can just rename that .ipk file to pk3 and use that and it works. 🙂
Post automatically merged:

Oh and incase someone is wondering gz app is working on latest firmware and atmosphere.

fgsfds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I really doubt you can run Project Brutality on the Switch with any kind of acceptable performance.
I don't often update this because it's really fiddly to sync it with upstream, especially after waiting a while, though the latter is my fault.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really doubt you can run Project Brutality on the Switch with any kind of acceptable performance.
I don't often update this because it's really fiddly to sync it with upstream, especially after waiting a while, though the latter is my fault.
It runs pretty good actually for me. and that is what regular sysclk. probably even better with the new 4fir OC's.

Reactions: Thorhax

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
But other titles like Hexen plays great. And PB suffer in performance sure but it's very playable still. 🙂

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Runs great for me.

gouki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Runs great for me as well, but first time sounds introduce a short hitch similar to shader caching.

Reactions: Thorhax

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Might be proper time to update the app. I play PB using JMartinez pb branch and i don't know when this has happened but Switch refuses to play pb anymore i'm guessing it's because of the amound of updates the game has got lately and i think this version of GZ just can't play it. All other games works like before. Only PB is not working anymore. I only get totall black screen or error has occured notice. So please update this awasome app if possible. 🙂

Yeah the version needs to be 4.8.2 nowdays.

Last edited by helvetinperkeles,

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tats
Might be proper time to update the app. I play PB using JMartinez pb branch and i don't know when this has happened but Switch refuses to play pb anymore i'm guessing it's because of the amound of updates the game has got lately and i think this version of GZ just can't play it. All other games works like before. Only PB is not working anymore. I only get totall black screen or error has occured notice. So please update this awasome app if possible. 🙂

Yeah the version needs to be 4.8.2 nowdays.
Thats a darn shame to hear. Hope we can get update!

DoomKratos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I’m just a random user. I’m using your Nintendo Switch Homebrew 4.7 or was it 7 and Brutal Doom worked great. I even managed to run a lower Project Brutality. The newest project brutality won’t run for me because GZdoom is 4.7… I really really want GZdoom 4.10 however I don’t know how to compile it. If I knew how I would have done it right away. I hope you can compile GZdoom 4.10 for us. I’m so excited for the possibilities of running these new updates modded doom games. I wish I could help you compile it. I just don’t know how. Not yet. Until I learn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn