Hacking GX - Updated wiitdb, now crashing.

Lazlo_Woodbine

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 1, 2017
Messages
9
Trophies
0
Age
39
XP
59
Country
United Kingdom
Today I got some GCN images from a source I've not used before and whilst they all ran fine I was having some trouble with the cover art. The files would download through GX but not display.

After trying deleting art files off my SD and re-downloading them and adding ID's to folders etc. but with limited success I updated WiiTDB within the menu of GX. After this when trying to run any game or even select it I get various different crashes. Sometimes a DSI exception, sometimes I get sound but no banner and occasionally the banner will be gibberish and exiting it causes a DSI error, I can't see any pattern to this. Also the GX menu itself runs very slowly.

I manually added wiitdb.xml to the GX folder on my SD and when this made no difference I tried updating again from with the GX menu but still no dice.

I cannot find anything online about a similar problem. Does anyone please know what I've done wrong?

EDIT; Ignore the attached image, it's irrelevant.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot at 2020-10-04 14-11-39.png
    Screenshot at 2020-10-04 14-11-39.png
    780.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by Lazlo_Woodbine,

Lazlo_Woodbine

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 1, 2017
Messages
9
Trophies
0
Age
39
XP
59
Country
United Kingdom
Right.. Okay..

I'm a fool.

My SD card was full to capacity. I assume this meant anything I was trying to fit on but wouldn't got corrupted etc. as loading my backup copy onto a bigger SD and downloading the covers works just fine.

As an aside I got an 8GB purely for the Wii as I understood that was the biggest that would work. But this 32GB Sandisk micro in an adaptor seems to be okay.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I can honestly say it doesn't stop hurting best thing for me is try to bury the pain with...