GW3DS and Online Play safe?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Blue Lamb, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Blue Lamb
    OP

Blue Lamb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2007
    United States
    Is it safe to play games like MH4U and Pokemon ORAS on the GW?
    What if I don't use my own ROM back ups?
    What if I do?

Do the consoles get banned or is it the save files?

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    It has been reported that consoles do get banned however some users say they got unbanned after a while so that's still a mistery

Pretty sure its around the forum a lot but, there won't be much problems if you just use your ROM backup's header, see every ROM has a different header, if you use your own, only one header is online, but if you download a public ROM, then that header will be online in multiple locations and networks, thus Nintendo will see it, ban the header and the following consoles using the header, so using yours and yours truly is the *best* way to keep yourself from being banned, and with that being said its still unsure, they might still ban you but don't raise the risk, just use your own ROM backups header to prevent being banned.

3. Blue Lamb
    OP

Blue Lamb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2007
    United States
    Alright thanks.

Is there more information about headers? Could I take a header from one game like Pokemon X and use it for another like MH4U?

4. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    You can and it will work. Nobody's been banned for doing that yet, although it is always possible that Nintendo can detect this and just hasn't done anything about it.