Hacking GW multirom demo

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if it's 3d. Menu bar is on the top screen, would be funny to see it use the 3d effect to pop out/float above the background.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first question is what game will be the one that shows up first? It would be really cool if it saved the last game you played as the current rom. I hope they do that because it would be cool if you didn't have to swap roms if you are only playing one game and when you change games that game shows up first each time until you choose a different one.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I will personally go out of my way to find 4.5 3DS'es for all the users whining about 6.X/7.X support - they're really not that rare, people! :rofl2: One problem would follow the other - first it's higher firmwares, then it'd be no Online support. :P
Good - more Gateways for me then. ;O;

I'm just screwing around is all :rofl2: No worries :D It's all in good fun!

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Absolutely amazing. Hopefully they'll also come with more info on the bricking issue as I'm rather "scared" of even using my 3DS right now (main game is Pokemon Y online so sort of need 2.0b2). Still mind blowing how much have been accomplished in so little time.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would totally buy it if there was no risk of me getting a brick. I happen to have a 4.5 3ds but still havent bought any cards because I was waiting for their bugs to be ironed out.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first question is what game will be the one that shows up first? It would be really cool if it saved the last game you played as the current rom. I hope they do that because it would be cool if you didn't have to swap roms if you are only playing one game and when you change games that game shows up first each time until you choose a different one.

are you referring to my comment? I would say it would put the games in alphabetical order to start. when you select a game and after your done playing it stays on that game when you go back to play again.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all excited right now! I hope they will release it soon because i'll have to wait at least a month after release just to be safe. Well still i have SMT4 which will keep me busy while waiting so i shouldn't be sad... YAY!

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and hopefully the save files that we have on our sd cards in the system can be put in the correct folder on the microsd and keep playing without starting over.

Reactions: mhss

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
*Sees nothing about the bricks or emulation so goes back to playing retail carts*

While it does seem pretty interesting the way they put the multirom, they barely talked about the bricks, almost as if they released this purpousedly to shup people up. x'D

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now imagine how much could be acomplished if R4 would not step in 3DS flashcard scene, stealing code from Gateway. Gateway could calmly program and test new features, there would be no need to even create brick code in the first place, to protect their work. Users would have multirom and nand-save based games in the beggining of deceber probably. Life (with 3DS) would just be better.

Reactions: tyons

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you referring to my comment? I would say it would put the games in alphabetical order to start. when you select a game and after your done playing it stays on that game when you go back to play again.

It was an open ended question. I was just saying it would be cool if it remembered the last game you played to keep you from seeing the earliest rom alphabetically or something every time you reload the 3ds

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's just hope they lose the brick code. Take as long as you need, just get rid of the time bomb please :(

And a quick note, with MT Card, there's the risk of the button to swap games to get broken, and it only swaps games in 1 order. With gateway you can go forward OR backwards :D But we still might see MT Card with a different option to change games.. if you know what I mean :P

And again, fingers crossed for no time bomb. This comes from a GW only owner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh