Hacking GW multirom demo

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
We are still investigating individual brick incidents reported by legitimate Gateway 3DS users. So far, many isolated brick incidents that were blamed on us have been debunked in one way or another and turned out to be associated with use of the clones modified versions of our official release files.

So... yep. Still refusing any responsibility and accusing the userbase of lying. Real smooth, Gateway.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! that menu is slick!! :D Way better than a physical button imho. Now they only need to come clean with the bricking code and confirm they removed all of it and that it will NEVER happen again and they will be back on track!!!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are still investigating individual brick incidents reported by legitimate Gateway 3DS users. So far, many isolated brick incidents that were blamed on us have been debunked in one way or another and turned out to be associated with use of the clones modified versions of our official release files.

Denying the very fact that their own device caused issues and that these reports were "debunked"? Seems legit to me, how could I go wrong?

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Now imagine how much could be acomplished if R4 would not step in 3DS flashcard scene, stealing code from Gateway. Gateway could calmly program and test new features, there would be no need to even create brick code in the first place, to protect their work. Users would have multirom and nand-save based games in the beggining of deceber probably. Life (with 3DS) would just be better.
Totally wrong. If there would be no r4, it would only mean that GW don't need to hurry anywhere. December yes, but December 2014.

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So... yep. Still refusing any responsibility and accusing the userbase of lying. Real smooth, Gateway.

Real smooth hater. They took responsibility, they are fixing for free consoles bricked by using Gateway. Only ones whose are lying are R4 shills, who have been proven to spam Maxconsole forums. There are facts and you haters are in complete wrong, but still twisting words and spreading bullshit.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Totally wrong. If there would be no r4, it would only mean that GW don't need to hurry anywhere. December yes, but December 2014.

Oh yeah, I remember when it came out and there was no R4. Gateway users asked for region free and Gateway sat on it, until R4 came along to "hurry" them.

Oh wait, that's not how it happened. They responded quickly and release the region free firmware.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impressive, but completely doable without Gateway( or any 3DS mode FC). At least all the people who payed $80 will get some new features at least.

This won't convince me to buy it, since I never had any trust for "BrickWay" even when they first started. I hope someone checks the code for malicious code.

JorgeVdB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting to see 2.0 on the horizon, even more so after the huge drama. The way Gateway speaks of the bricks, seems that if they do have the bricking code they aren't planning on removing it. Or perhaps they'll remove it stealthily..

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Real smooth hater. They took responsibility, they are fixing for free consoles bricked by using Gateway. Only ones whose are lying are R4 shills, who have been proven to spam Maxconsole forums. There are facts and you haters are in complete wrong, but still twisting words and spreading bullshit.

Has anyone who got bricked with gateway reported that they had their console fixed? That sentence implies they consider no brick their responsibility and that they assume everyone who tells so is a liar. They "have a way to see if the user used clones" Yeah suuuuuuuure...

And just so you know, I supported gateway over cloners. But the fact stands: Gateway wrote code that renders 3DS-es inoperable. Just because someone copies an engine manufacturer's design, it doesn't justify him blowing up the entire car of the innocent customer, whether they bought a clone or the original. Stealing others' work only harms the one you're stealing from, and the users have nothing to do with that. Gateway had a myriad options to act against clones and they chose the one that causes actual damage NOT to cloners, but to the customer. In this context, they wrote the equivalent of a virus and they could be sued for causing damage to physical property. Just imagine if Windows shut down your computer's fans causing meltdown if Genuine Windows check failed for some reason. How would you feel?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That sentence implies they consider no brick their responsibility and that they assume everyone who tells so is a liar.
No, it doesn't. "Many" doesn't imply "all" in any shape or form. They said that "many" reports were debunked, at no point did they dismiss the distinct possibility that someone might've been caught in the crossfire.

It's plain English, let's not re-invent dictionaries now. :P

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So how many cases are known of gateway fixing users bricked consoles?
Maybe the wrong question since all users with a brick are lying.
No known official gataway users with unmodified loader that bricked...
I even wonder why they offer to fix something that isn't breaking...?

I am getting paranoid. They sure have peoples attention. Not sure if that's good or bad..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.