Hacking GW multirom demo

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or simply add more checks for legit users. TBH with such a landmark release I don't think there's any way gateway is gonna let others freely copy and modify 2.0.

I wonder why gateway did not just added a check like if gateway card is inserted, boot else crash, no bricking needed, no clones ^^. Hope brick code will be fixed because I want this it looks so good :x

Maybe they will add something like this for 2.0. FPGA is suppose to be updated, so maybe update and add to the launcher to look for Gateway and not load (with the exception of classic mode) if not found.

Reactions: tyons

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
we still don't know if GW has drag and drop like MT does(?)

if you have to partition the SD card to different drives and then use imgwriter, it's a lot of work.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder why gateway did not just added a check like if gateway card is inserted, boot else crash, no bricking needed, no clones ^^. Hope brick code will be fixed because I want this it looks so good :x
It didn't even have to crash, and it would also be easily detectable, just corrupt a save here and there, or changing your name to something embarrassing, just something that doesn't destroy the hardware.
Actually, just randomly crashing would be great for them.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France

if you have to partition the SD card to different drives and then use imgwriter, it's a lot of work.

I don't think they use partions.
Windows don't even want to partition SD cards / USB keys (I had to do a 10GB partition on a 64GB stick, and I can't create another one to fit the other part, can't even expand the created one)
Also they show more than 4 rooms, but you can only do 4 primary partitons on a drive.

Reactions: alex_fr

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, as they can add graphics to the menu, I wouldn't mind. Not using Gateway = random mudkips on the screen.

Just something out of the ordinary, rather than same old crashing, delete saves etc.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

They already said in one of their earlier updates, it's drag and drop fat32

"
We have been working hard to release our final 2.0 firmware in 2013 as we know you are all highly expecting it. Because we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product, we are slightly delaying our next update to the early days of 2014.

This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:

- Integrated menu system
- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Back up your own game cartridges
- Nand based titles compatibility
- Fat32 based drag & drop Multi-Rom
- New real time save system"

Reactions: alex_fr

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If there really is an FPGA update with this new firmware coming and if the clones really cant update their FPGA's there's no need for Gateway to setup securities on it...

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I just hope that if they apply some punitive code, that it'll be less punitive than a brick, something like destroying your SD seems bad enough...

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stick with 32gb. unless 8gb games start coming out, you will be able to put into it at least 8 big games.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He kept turning his fingers away.

I think this is the real question we should be asking ourselves: is MultiROM simply a feature to keep us distracted from the fact that they've run out of red nail polish?

Since August I think we can all agree that is the hand of a man. Callouses and share size alone can attest to that.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am REALLY hoping that when they say "new real time save system", they mean the same ability that the SuperCard DSTWO and cards like the R4i Silver SDHC Lite card have. Actual real-time save states. It's way too easy to get addicted to that feature on other emus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD