GW EmuNAND ReFormat question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have SysNAND on 4.x and EmuNAND on 9.x. I need to reformat Emunand again through GW. My question is, when I reformat EmuNAND, will it format it to what the SysNAND version is, or to GW 9.2.0-20U? Thoughts appreciated :)

2. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    How do I go about doing this?

3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Why do you need to reformat emunand? You immediately made a backup with emunand tool after you first created it, right?

If not:

You have two options. 1) You can boot into gateway mode and then do a system format through system settings. This will wipe everything from emunand and it will stay at the same version it is now.

Option 2: format a new emunand from gateway menu and it will be a copy of your current sysnand. Then update it to 9.5 from emunand system settings.

So why do you think you need to "format" emunand?

4. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I had to reformat because I kept getting error with NNID. I fixed it by doing the following:
    - Had SysNAND on 4.x through downgrade, EmuNAND on 9.x
    - Format SysNAND
    - Re-downgrade to SysNAND 4.x using GW
    - Re-format/setup EmuNAND using GW
    - Update EmuNAND
    - Create new NNID

It worked :)

Now, I have another question: I backed up my 3DS games through GW. In EmuNAND, it says my games have updates. Do/should I update them, and if yes how do I do it? Will my saves still work? Thoughts appreciated :)

5. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I had no problem doing in game updates but I have read that can cause problems. Just go to eshop search"updates" and download all you want. I would get the updates to any games you might get in the near future incase N updates sysnand again and we loose eshop access for a time.

6. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Will my old saves work on updated game? Ex: Pokemon games