Gaming Guys, is this a legit email from blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:
Sent: 10 October 2009 16: 46PM
To:
Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer
-Or-
WoW CD-Key
Show * Please enter the correct information
If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Regards,
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment

2009-10-10

Guys, is this a real account, i am asking cos a) i don play WOW, but who knows, some prick might have managed to hack my acc or something b) seems atad legit, but then again, i know nothing about wow, so ya, i need your help making sure that this is fake, before sending them a "fk you"

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you say you dont play wow then this is weird if you dont play wow why would wow e-mail you

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that like the golden rule of emails from game people "We will never ask for your password or CD-Key, we have it anyway"

Plus if you don't play WoW what account is there for this prick to hack?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick google search leads me to believe it is totally a fake. Look here. Blizzard never asks for such information to be emailed to them.

Edit: Damn you guys are fast.
biggrin.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From Blizzard's site:

QUOTE said:
Important : Blizzard will never ask for your password and will only direct you to our webform when asking for account or personal information.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the typical format for phishers, sooner or later everyone needs to learn the signals and how to avoid falling for them.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
Guys, is this a real account, i am asking cos a) i don play WOW, but who knows, some prick might have managed to hack my acc or something b) seems atad legit, but then again, i know nothing about wow, so ya, i need your help making sure that this is fake, before sending them a "fk you"

I'm confused

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nah, i don play wow at all, but i was worried, that some dude might have used my email address and typed the password correctly(the odds are near impossible but who knows..)

Anyway, i ask a mod to lock this up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/xeWd4a5RYJ8?si=URwg3PNBQa5zPuXt that birthday cake look jumpin