Hardware Guys can you help me with my 3DS Screen?

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Guys I bought a new Nintendo 3DS XL galaxy version so I decided to buy a protector for the screens.

I'm living in Japan and I found two types of protectors.

I found one that was cheaper and is from HORI I did not have anything special.
It was clear transparent.

And I found this one:

E31.jpg

145.jpg

If you use the google translate app it says is made to cut the yellow color on the screen.

Do you think is referring to the old 3DS screen? I mean maybe is not made for an IPS screen.
Is this a protective film?
What's the differences?
Do you think is necessary?

Reactions: Cali_terpz

zaryanova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you could find the same one online but in English? then compare what the differences are.
search for HORI cases and see if there is one with the same packaging.

Reactions: DarkDante

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
maybe you could find the same one online but in English? then compare what the differences are.
search for HORI cases and see if there is one with the same packaging.
I found three types, there is the standard and there are two more types look at this link.

http://www.hori.jp/products/New3DSLL.php#01

Are only sold in Japan, it seems the other two types are made to care your eyes.

Is only in Japanese.

DB8.jpg

F0E.jpg

70C.jpg

The last one is the one I purchased.

Last edited by DarkDante,

zaryanova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you opened the packaging yet? I just tried the google photo translate too and got the same result as you.
honestly I think you should be fine if you put it on normally, larger one goes on the top screen and smaller on bottom.
there might be a couple tabs you pull off the screen protector and but that should be pretty much it.

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
have you opened the packaging yet? I just tried the google photo translate too and got the same result as you.
honestly I think you should be fine if you put it on normally, larger one goes on the top screen and smaller on bottom.
there might be a couple tabs you pull off the screen protector and but that should be pretty much it.
Thanks, the instructions are easy but what I don't understand. Is why they sell 3 types.

One seems to be standard transparent film.

The other ones are just like filtering some type of blue light that can damage your eyes.

Is weird lol

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
This is just a generic marketing term used for screen protectors and not specific to 3DS TN or IPS displays. I've seen the same terms used to advertise phone and tablet screen protectors too. It's not really that important and shouldn't be considered an advantage over other brands.

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is just a generic marketing term used for screen protectors and not specific to 3DS TN or IPS displays. I've seen the same terms used to advertise phone and tablet screen protectors too. It's not really that important and shouldn't be considered an advantage over other brands.
Do you think is going to affect the display? Maybe is going to look a little dark? Or something like that?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The yellow color is to prevent eye strain in the dark and help you sleep easier. It's the same concept as f.lux and similar. Samsung phones also have a similar feature built in. I don't really like it, it's OK when I'm in bed so the blue light doesn't keep me awake, but I wouldn't want it permanently yellow. Go with the clear one.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you use the google translate app it says is made to cut the yellow color on the screen.

Do you think is referring to the old 3DS screen? I mean maybe is not made for an IPS screen.
Is this a protective film?
What's the differences?
Do you think is necessary?

Google Translate's results aren't 100% accurate. What it actually says on the front is "resistant to yellowing" and not "reduces yellow screen colour". The diagram on the back-left is not related to colour filtering at all, and just advertises that their product is less likely to turn yellow over time, and maintains its clarity. It also says that it reduces blue light by 30% to reduce eye strain in the dark.

EDIT:
In the comparison section, 一般品 refers to "other brands" and 本品 refers to this product. Thought I'd mention this.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Google Translate's results aren't 100% accurate. What it actually says on the front is "resistant to yellowing" and not "reduces yellow screen colour". The diagram on the back-left is not related to colour filtering at all, and just advertises that their product is less likely to turn yellow over time, and maintains its clarity. It also says that it reduces blue light by 30% to reduce eye strain in the dark.

EDIT:
In the comparison section, 一般品 refers to "other brands" and 本品 refers to this product. Thought I'd mention this.
Yes it helps the eyes. Maybe to play on dark. Any ways will try the one I bought lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Guess its been out on PC for a year. Was up for some indie awards.