kylsav

OP
Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with system menu 4.0 with cIOS rev10 and the Ultimate loader 7.4 with USB loader 1.5.

Every game I've tried so far works great (except the ones with known issues of course) even Rock band 2 and the ACDC Track pack work fine.

The problem i am having is with Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero World Tour. Everything seems to work fine at first but randomly when playing a song it may either slow down for a second and the sound loops with it. causing the music and notes to become out of sync. sometimes the sound just loops and becomes out of sync with the notes by a few seconds.

This doesn't seem to happen every time either sometimes songs play just fine.
wacko.gif

THIS is the Enclosure I'm using and I'm using a WD 160 GB hard drive.

ohnai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1

This also happens to me too on WT and GH3

It is random though. When it does happen, I just restart the song ... This can be annoying at times (especially when ure on a roll)

I have a 320gig WD Passport Essential

kylsav

OP
Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
No problem with either gh3, wt, or metallica.
I'm using WD passport essential 250.

Did you do any tweaks to your hard drive? like the sleeping drive fix? i never bothered since i haven't had any issues until now.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jovanah said:
I got the same problem on both games as well, Im using a laptop WD 320gb in with an enclosure
best way to go!!! quick question..cause I have seen diff answers.. what is max drive size... 500gb? 1 tb?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
So far everybody replying had a WD drive. I have a 500GB Western Digital 2.5" hard drive in an external enclosure and this has happened to me once on GH:WT. Other weird things have happened too like when I'm playing the drums and you go a bit "freestyle" at the beginning, sometimes the default drum sounds don't play, even though it shows you clearly hitting them onscreen. The vocal track has also messed up and gone all screechy a couple of times.

I've mentioned it before, but with the earlier cIOS, I couldn't put/get DLC to/from my SD card, it would throw an error. Luckily, I've put all of my VC games onto SD card so I've got plenty of Wii blocks free.

McH

kylsav

OP
Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
McHaggis said:
So far everybody replying had a WD drive. I have a 500GB Western Digital 2.5" hard drive in an external enclosure and this has happened to me once on GH:WT. Other weird things have happened too like when I'm playing the drums and you go a bit "freestyle" at the beginning, sometimes the default drum sounds don't play, even though it shows you clearly hitting them onscreen. The vocal track has also messed up and gone all screechy a couple of times.

I've mentioned it before, but with the earlier cIOS, I couldn't put/get DLC to/from my SD card, it would throw an error. Luckily, I've put all of my VC games onto SD card so I've got plenty of Wii blocks free.

McH

The Download content issue is caused by Guitar hero and rock band not using the correct IOS that the game needs. If you install the Rock band channel the DLC will work properly, but there's no fix for World tour yet.

And yes i see that everyone who has an issue is using a WD drive, I'm wondering if this is caused by a glitch in the USB loader that could be fixed or not.

Some people don't seem to have this problem with WD drives as well so I'm kinda stumped on what the problem could be
wacko.gif

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have this problem on a WD-HDD and on a Samsung-HDD as well
cry.gif

.. and.... my custom-gh3-isos stop working after a few songs with a loud yipping noise
wacko.gif
-> Wii Restart !

If only I have large USB-Stick or SD-Card to cross-test...

kylsav

OP
Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
After downloading and installing cIOS rev11 on the GBAtemp Website it seems to have completely fixed the problems with guitar hero for me.
grog.gif

Even my guitar hero custom games work perfect, to everyone who is also having the same problem you may want to try rev11.

RolfThiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylsav said:
After downloading and installing cIOS rev11 on the GBAtemp Website it seems to have completely fixed the problems with guitar hero for me.
grog.gif

Even my guitar hero custom games work perfect, to everyone who is also having the same problem you may want to try rev11.

Does this also fix the USB Mic problem for you? Can you confirm that the other USB devices are working now?

kylsav

OP
Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
i tested the mic with Rock Band 2 and it worked with the Rock band channel after i unplugged the Hard drive. But does not work in the backup channel or the USB loader as far as i can tell. Have not tested GH:WT yet but i will as soon as i can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning