Guitar Hero: On Tour custom songs progress and my b-day!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
These past few days have lead a few people including myself to a point where we almost have custom songs up and running on the new Guitar Hero game for DS. We have been able to find the song files (including vocal and instrumental) and all of the game files except for the chart files. We need a way to compile the extracted files from the GOB file once we replace them with custom files, which I have almost found. The progress has been great, and I'm sure that when we complete this, many people will enjoy custom songs, including myself, as I'm having fun playing GH:OT with just the button hack. I will be buy an actual version with the grip when I get my first paycheck (Finally, I can get games legally!) from my new job.

Outside of GH:OT, my birthday is on the 6th of July, and I am getting a decked-out laptop. I don't know all of the specs of it, since my parents custom ordered online through a sales person, who helped them choose what video card, sound card, etc. I should get. All I know is that I'm lucky, and I'll be able to hack more with a good computer (My current one is EXTREMELY old, but is still usable for the few things I do use it for.) I'm either going to get COD4, or Portal for my new laptop. I've played COD4 for X360, and it's really fun, but Portal seems cool, and funny at the same time. I'll probably end up getting COD4, since my friends all want me to, even though they're never touching my laptop.

Well, my first blog here at GBAtemp really got me excited for my birthday while typing this, and the GH:OT custom songs ordeal has really raised my self-esteem. I actually feel like I can contribute to a hacking community for once.

BTW, have any of your friends ever complained about your hacking? None of my friends ever shut up about it, but I do what I like, which is playing video game, and hacking them.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AnimalCrossingX said:
uncluding
Does that mean excluding? xD

Portal is fun
smile.gif

And no to your question
smile.gif
, becuase I don't i mostly code stuff
Like my AIM spam bots

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Some news about GH:On Tour custom song hacking.

You should definitely get Call of Duty 4. Probably more "replay" value since it's online. The people... well I've only played on private servers for certain reasons... But they seem very friendly but I don't usually get on their "Vent". The single player mode is short but great. There is a chance that this laptop might be able to play it since your parents did custom order it. Well... You have already played it... so I guess it all depends on what you want. I have played portal and it was a pretty challenging game. It was also short though.

collin tazler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just an idea but couldnt u mod the ds and then but the format stuff on the moded chip and add ur songs in the gh on tour in stead of putting it on the chip and wrecking the chip?=]=]=]=]=]=]=]

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Waayyy better than my computer. Link to specs
I only have a Pentium D dual core and an ATI HD2400 XT and 512 less ram than that. But I am comparing a Desktop to a Lappy though... I'm still playing CoD4 on it though. Medium/Lowish settings, 800X600 resolution, and none of those extra lighting and AA effects. FPS jumps from around 30-60 depending on the situation.

georgepotter

Trophies
XP
Country
i know this is a bit 2 much 2 ask but could some 1 possibly make a website were you clik the songs u want then it puts them together and makes a rom 4 download, coz that would be so usefull

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mafta said:
hey i dont know if u know this already but http://www.freewebs.com/ghotgbatempteam/index.html is a site where they are trying to make custom songs aswell and they need some help with stuff i dont no if ur a member of it or anything but im sure u could help

oh and if u can help me im stuck on steps 12 and 13 if u can help me with that i can finally try it out

its the same team as hear NOTE THE PAGE HEADER!!! .. ITS GBATEMP TEAM!

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone even said that they are going to try to make a GOB compiler? Also I remember someone asking this, but what happens to the names? I've seen that ya'll have been able to extract them and understand how that works, but what about how it maps them out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson