Hacking Guitar Hero and USB Loader

sonny615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
When I run GH Metallica from my USB hard drive, it doesn't detect the microphone. I ran GH from DVD and the mic works just fine so I guess the fact that another USB device is plugged in the Wii is blocking the mic detection.

Is there any way around it?

Thanks.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Known issue with the way usb 2.0 works. It has nothing to do with having multiple USB devices in, and has everything to do with the fact that when you use the USB loader, you use a custom USB 2.0 driver that isn't supported by official wii games.... yet and may not any time soon.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
koji2009 said:
Known issue with the way usb 2.0 works. It has nothing to do with having multiple USB devices in, and has everything to do with the fact that when you use the USB loader, you use a custom USB 2.0 driver that isn't supported by official wii games.... yet and may not any time soon.
Yep...sometimes (or better: always) it's better to read/search before posting...and sometimes I think that all the Noobs that can't do this don't deserve such an app
dry.gif
...Anyways, Waninkoko said that his cIOS rev11 will fix that...just wait...in the meantime, play the game from the original Disc...you have one, right? Because it's a BACKUPlauncher...

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you merely turn a cold shoulder to newbies you can end up alienating them... I guess some people don't mind that, but it ends up coming off very elitist. A lot of people just aren't accustom to forum communication or are simply excited and forget to use searches.

Besides, it only took 20 seconds to write up, and if I didn't do it, I'd have just wasted that time watching anime or sleeping or something else pointless like that
happy.gif

sonny615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Blue-K - Technically I don't think you can call me a noob since I've been registered on this forum for about half a year longer than you
rolleyes.gif

Does it really matter though? There's really no need for these kind of comments...

With all the USB loader hype and unless one refreshes this page every 20 minutes, keeping up with this forum can be really tricky these days so I suggest we all show a little patience towards one another
wink2.gif

Again, I appreciate the time you took to answer my question. I'll play from the disc meanwhile (yes, I do own the original and suggest everyone get one too. Awesome game).

Rock on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2