Hacking Guitar Hero 5

hawk20

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also got it working with above instruction.

But I have one little problem. Is it possible that SDHC card is not working in game?
Bought today a "Panasonic Silver 4 GB SDHC Class 4". Wii finds it (copied savegame on it) but GH 5 does not find it...
When I change to "normal" 2GB SD card no problem.

Why? Would anybody pls check with his / her SDHC card if it is working?
Is the problem maybe that ios 223 does not work with SDHC cards?

Thanks

my specs:
4.0E
cIOS-38 Rev14
with ios 223 and activatet fix 002
testet on Usbloader GX & CFG-Loader

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone got this to work with a 4.1E and cIOS36 Rev 10 (IOS249) configuration? I'd rather not update to a newer Waninkoko's IOS249, cause it's buggy in the sense it made my External HD stutter while loading data... rev.10 works for the best on all other games..

DDD13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game can be played without guitar?
huh.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
yes it can as i asked the same question but got a NO when infact u can but i must say very confusing control layout for the wiimote

donattelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warren_303 said:
Got it working finally on USB Loader GX whoo! I gave up for a couple days and a friend came over and wanted to play so I tried something different again.

Ok so I updated to CIOS38 Rev14 first of because I was on like rev12 I think, anyway then I installed the wad IOS56-64-v5146 from Technom8 on this thread. I'm not sure it helped or not it probably wasn't necessary since people have been able to get this working with out installing it. Then I followed this guide below that I put on this thread a few pages back. Which didn't work for me as well as others. See below the guide \/

Luriden said:
tripellex said:
I can confirm Cookie's method of getting it to work. No offense though, Cookie, but you should have just posted it here rather, which I'm going to do. Seems pointless to go sign up for another board when this one is just as good for posting.

From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager

http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

Did all this and still getting a black screen on 4.1U and the latest USB Loader GX.

Ok so after that guide didn't work I tried this...

Use the Hermes CIOS 222/223 installer again and... install Hermes cIOS 223 with IOS37 merged with IOS36.

So in other words, when you start this installer select 223 instead of 249 and then select 223 with IOS37 merged with IOS36.
Then load USB Loader GX, use IOS 223 turn on 002 fix, and Disable the IOS reload option save and... run the game.

Try exactly that folks it should work for sure at least with USBLoader GX. Hopefully this helps guys/girls.
smile.gif

Thank you guys, this really worked.
No more black screen!!!

rvargas1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I've been off the scene for a while and I came back after trying to load GH5 with a blank screen result.. Already went through a lot of the replies on this thread.. Im trying to run using Gamma loader with a backup disc.

Read about IOS56-64-v5146, already extracted it (just in case), read about CIOSCORP (but with all the gloomy posts I dont want to install it unless really necessary), and I don't have a USB hard disk so any method with USB loading I cannot use
frown.gif

What would I actually need to run this game? Try not to flame or sarcasm, just a down to earth answer

Thanks all

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rvargas1 said:
Hi guys I've been off the scene for a while and I came back after trying to load GH5 with a blank screen result.. Already went through a lot of the replies on this thread.. Im trying to run using Gamma loader with a backup disc.

Read about IOS56-64-v5146, already extracted it (just in case), read about CIOSCORP (but with all the gloomy posts I dont want to install it unless really necessary), and I don't have a USB hard disk so any method with USB loading I cannot use
frown.gif

What would I actually need to run this game? Try not to flame or sarcasm, just a down to earth answer

Thanks all

Gamma Loader may not work with it as it's older. If you want to use that, use the newer Neogamma Loader to launch the disc (witth the settings in the loader set correctly to make this game run). The latest version of that is v7. I hope this helps you some what. As for cioscorp, I hear it's risky, you really need to know what you are doing. I avoid it and it's never been needed for anything I do on my Wii.

There is a a post in this thread that is outlined like a step by step guide, go back some pages and you will find it easily, it stands out. People have reported that it works for them. If you wish to use a HDD, look at an older post from me on this thread. I formatted the post to make what I did to get mine working to easy to read, but it's for loading from a HDD. It also appears to have helped at least one other person here who was trying to use a HDD to play it.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need cIOS 222 or 223. Rev13+ is needed for that I believe, I'm not 100% sure. 14 is fine.

Jhonyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have Neogamma R7, IOS249 (rev 14)

And when i try to launch Guitar hero 5 PAL (PAL CONSOLE) i get a #001 error

what should i do ?

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hawk20 said:
Also got it working with above instruction.

But I have one little problem. Is it possible that SDHC card is not working in game?
Bought today a "Panasonic Silver 4 GB SDHC Class 4". Wii finds it (copied savegame on it) but GH 5 does not find it...
When I change to "normal" 2GB SD card no problem.

Why? Would anybody pls check with his / her SDHC card if it is working?
Is the problem maybe that ios 223 does not work with SDHC cards?

Thanks

my specs:
4.0E
cIOS-38 Rev14
with ios 223 and activatet fix 002
testet on Usbloader GX & CFG-Loader

I'm glad its working for you, I actually got GH5 working by using a 2GB not realizing that the game didn't work when I had my 4GB HCSD inserted. So yeah I can confirm this as well. This method will not work with HCSD cards (at least not for me, either). I have same specs that you have except 4.0U instead.

donattelo said:
Warren_303 said:
Got it working finally on USB Loader GX whoo! I gave up for a couple days and a friend came over and wanted to play so I tried something different again.

Ok so I updated to CIOS38 Rev14 first of because I was on like rev12 I think, anyway then I installed the wad IOS56-64-v5146 from Technom8 on this thread. I'm not sure it helped or not it probably wasn't necessary since people have been able to get this working with out installing it. Then I followed this guide below that I put on this thread a few pages back. Which didn't work for me as well as others. See below the guide \/

Luriden said:
QUOTE(tripellex @ Aug 28 2009, 09:47 PM) I can confirm Cookie's method of getting it to work. No offense though, Cookie, but you should have just posted it here rather, which I'm going to do. Seems pointless to go sign up for another board when this one is just as good for posting.

From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

Did all this and still getting a black screen on 4.1U and the latest USB Loader GX.

Ok so after that guide didn't work I tried this...

Use the Hermes CIOS 222/223 installer again and... install Hermes cIOS 223 with IOS37 merged with IOS36.

So in other words, when you start this installer select 223 instead of 249 and then select 223 with IOS37 merged with IOS36.
Then load USB Loader GX, use IOS 223 turn on 002 fix, and Disable the IOS reload option save and... run the game.

Try exactly that folks it should work for sure at least with USBLoader GX. Hopefully this helps guys/girls.
smile.gif

Thank you guys, this really worked.
No more black screen!!!

Awesome glad to help out.

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I would like to thank everyone for all the good input. I am hoping someone can answer my question. I have 4.1U softmodded and using Custom IOS38 Rev14. According to DOPIOS all of my IOS files are current. When I run multicios installer to install IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232 it downloads 15 files then gives a -1017 error and returns to HBC. I have tried several times with the same result. I have even tried installing IOS37 as IOS248, only to get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rvargas1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys... tried this and it works..

QUOTE(uljoe @ Aug 29 2009, 07:18 AM) *
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I am using the disc loader, dont have a USB drive. Gamma loader doesnt work, softchip is good enough.

Thanks everyone, I am off to play GH5!!
yay.gif

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed cIOS Corp and the other wad using cIOSCorp installer.

What do I do now? xD. I can't get it to work.

viperlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of near endless trying i finally got it to work on my PAL wii 3.2e using "cIOS 222 v4 installer" install on 223 and then 223 with "IOS38 merged with IOS37".

USB Loader GX, with IOS 223, turn on 002 fix, and Disable the IOS reload option.

Ive got it working but why wasnt there any IOS36 option?

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rvargas1 said:
Hey guys... tried this and it works..

QUOTE(uljoe @ Aug 29 2009, 07:18 AM) *
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I am using the disc loader, dont have a USB drive. Gamma loader doesnt work, softchip is good enough.

Thanks everyone, I am off to play GH5!!
yay.gif

Can anyone confirm this works? And does anyone have any mirrors to those links?
And by disc loader... just the disc channel? or do you have a modchip?

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
viperlogic said:
Of near endless trying i finally got it to work on my PAL wii 3.2e using "cIOS 222 v4 installer" install on 223 and then 223 with "IOS38 merged with IOS37".

USB Loader GX, with IOS 223, turn on 002 fix, and Disable the IOS reload option.

Ive got it working but why wasnt there any IOS36 option?
That's because you're using the newer v4 installer which uses IOS38 rather than IOS36 v3 uses. If GH5 seems to fail loading sometimes (seems to be specific to GX), I suggest you use Configurable USB Loader which always loads the game for me and has support for the newer Hermes v4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back