Hacking Guitar Hero 5

parabolee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobinc said:
is there someone who successfully connect to the music store, not able to connect getting error code 204015 i tried yesterday i thought it was not on yet since official release was today, but still getting that error code at the moment anyone get it to work???

The store is down -

Hey everyone,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the Wii music store in Guitar Hero 5. We should have the issue resolved soon and once we have everything worked out, we will be sure to pass the details along to the community! Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Neversoft

http://hub.guitarhero.com/community/viewto...p?f=7&t=953

spagheddie1001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm technom8t for his cios link, it works!!!!!!

softmod wii
4.0 U waninkoko
cioscorp v3.3
hermes cios 223 (37-36)
wanin cios rev 14
usb loader gx r718 (set to load GH5 with 223)

i installed the custom ios56 wad from technom8t with cioscorp installer and i can play GH5 both with usb loader gx and from the disk channel.

Thank you technom8t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the get-it-to-work help in the world won't get it to stop stammering. I'm going to purchase the game myself tomorrow and rip it then. Unless on-disc users don't get stammers, then I can hold off on my purchase for about a month.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
If you've tried all the hermes business and it still wont work in USB Loader GX, you aren't doing anything wrong. GX is just buggy as shit. Try uLoader or Cfg USB Loader. Using the same process ofc (cios 222/3)

Yeah I tried the Uloader and Cfg USB Loader as well right after my previous post on this thread, no such luck. I'd rather stick with GX or Coverfloader if all possible (as most might agree). I tried burning this freakin game too and that sucked.

Here's why

The game loaded for me on the disc channel for long enough for me to select career mode and then the game disc cannot be read. At that time I was like ok well none of the USB loaders work for me so I guess I'll brickblock&burn the game since it seems to work for some others. It was just a big tease, thats when I decided to give up trying to get this damn game to work
hate2.gif
and go play some real guitar in the garage hella loud lol. I try to get this game working after more testing and possibly new methods are found plus GH Smash Hits is fun for now, or at least till I get bored of it.

My main problem is that my Wiikey ver.1 works pretty much when it wants to, or my wii's laser does. One or the other... probably both who knows. All I know is that if I can't run a game on the disc channel then the same thing will happen on the Neogamma channel Rev 7 (Disc Read Error). Eventually I'll get it fixed somehow when I get the time to open it now that I have a triwing.

BTW Ossot that response about GX was hella funny to read, well put. GX can be buggy at times but I love it, I'm just stoked that the devs are keeping it up to date.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All it took me to get this running was-

IOS56-64-v5146.wad
SoftChip - Load requested IOS

Loads with no problems at all, and no sync problems for me.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really new to this scene, just very retarded when it comes to all of the technical shit (which is basically all of it
cry.gif
), so I have a very nooby question. My plan at the moment is to use cIOScorp1.01 to install cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14.wad HOWEVER I already have CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad installed on my wii. Do I need to uninstall the second one before installing the first or does it not matter? I'm thinking it does but idk. I wouldnt want to brick my wii or anything. I'm running on a softmodded 3.2U and I'm using the backup launcher 0.3 gamma with the 002 error fix.

Edit: Ok I used the cIOScorp app and I got this "ret=-1" error. Could it be that I'm using the wrong version of cIOScorp or does that not matter?

cermoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i just completely missing something.. i've read through all 25 pages of posts and i haven't seen this issue mentioned elsewhere.. using cios 222 installer i only have options to use ios 38 ... use ios 38 merged with ios 37.. use ios 38 merged with ios 60.. i have no listing or option for ios 36 anywhere. this is using the uloader_v3.0b

hmm.. i used the earlier uloader v2.6d i believe and my option to merge with 36 was there.. still hasn't helped my original situation with tryin to get the game working. also when i went to use wiiscrubber to try to get wad files from it it told me invalid file.. so perhaps the whole iso is garbage. not sure haven't used wii scrubber before i may be just using it wrong

shatzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded 4.0u system which was running coverfloader (an amazing GUI Usbloader) with cIOS Rev 10 and GH5 wouldn't load. I used hermes' Ios to install cIOS 222 with just the recommended settings and rebooted. I then installed cIOS 223 with 37 and 38 merged. After rebooting again I ran USB Loader - 717 from the homebrew channel, after selecting the game I went to configure and set it to use cIOS 222 and the game is working great now. though I have not tested the rest of my games (especially wii sports resort) to see if they still work.
If anyone knows of a way to get this to work with coverfloader please let me know. also I did NOT do anything with custom ios56, did not need to and also I do not get any of the "stammering" that other people have reported when using usbloaders with GH5

tripellex said:
tripellex said:
Okay guys, we seem to go through this headache everytime a new extremely anticipated game is released, and that is, mixed issues of compatibility, etc (Ghostbusters comes to mind). So here's my suggestion: IF you have the game working for you, then tell us EXACTLY what you have installed, to the best of your knowledge. This includes:

• What loader (if any) you are using, and whether or not you are using a disc loader (like Gecko or NeoGamma), USB loader or disc channel
  • What settings in said loader you are using
  • What cIOSes you have installed
  • What system firmware you are using
  • Whether or not you have a Modchip or not

Thats IF you have the game running. So please, give your fellow gamers a hand IF you have it working. Thanks.

I can confirm Cookie's method of getting it to work. No offense though, Cookie, but you should have just posted it here rather, which I'm going to do. Seems pointless to go sign up for another board when this one is just as good for posting.

From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager

http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

Wackymarv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Farmhousemedia said:
I can confirm that this works for DISC loading!

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. I got 2 errors before it worked.

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

THANKS ULJOE!

Did this, works perfect on the 2 songs I demo'd in quickplay, thanks a lot

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
All the get-it-to-work help in the world won't get it to stop stammering. I'm going to purchase the game myself tomorrow and rip it then. Unless on-disc users don't get stammers, then I can hold off on my purchase for about a month.

Dunno if this helps, but...

I rented this yesterday, my Wii's at 3.2U and it wanted me to update, so I did (via Waninkoko's) to 4.1U. Disc channel's still whining about an update, and loaded to a black screen with gamma. Came back here, read up on the method using IOS56, and SoftChip, so I installed the correct IOS56 (and IOS232 for good measure), got the original disc loaded up through SoftChip (dol) and played. It still stammers. :/

restr2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys im on 4.0U have neogamma r7 and backup loader 0.3 gamma...
cIOS38 rev 13b
when i start gh5 it just shows a black screen!
Help please!

topdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alpo845 said:
I'm doing everything right with the softhcip method but i keep on getting a title ID error. any ideas?

You're not alone man, I'm having a similar problem. I've followed the guides and installed everything successfully and keep getting "loct1 Error (DI_ReadID)".
cry.gif

If anyone can help i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Paige.pc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I used Imation DVDR+ , will that bring error ?

My game works
Ive installed IOS56 V5146
Ive installed multicios IOS37 with IOS232
Im running the game with 002 fixed enabled in softchip

It works but once im in the game menu forawhile like 10 seconds or so ...
THe music lags, the screen will show "The disc could not run" ???

Any solution?
Im so desperate

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omfg, I still can't get this damn thing to work.

4.1U
Installed that wad
Ran cIOS_installer v2.8D
Ran cIOS 222 and installed it as 36
Ran cIOS 223 and installed it as 37 merged
Launched game in uloader..... failed
Launched game in configurable.... failed
Launched game in GX.... failed

Srsly, what the hell ._.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob