Hacking Guitar Hero 5

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for me it occurs randomly.... as in sometime it will happen when playing a song and another time the same song plays just fine,

havent been keeping track of what song it has happened on

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ya at first i thot the game was corroded or the i messed something up in coping it to my hdd, but after playing the same song and not have any problems it kinda rules it out.

it probably Cios as I'm not the only one to get the issues and it doesn't load with rev 14 at all... hopefully it gets resolved soon...but also hole that someone could shed some more light as the why this may be happening

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*In response to the post from TrickyTony from asking "Why is this working for SOME people but not others?!"*

Guitar Hero 5 has been working great for me, even on USB Loader GX. I thought I would drop in some details on my end. Here's my details. I'll let you, the individual reading this, decide which part of all this is relevant. I see so many people listing what they done but leaving out other settings they have on default that are not listed but could be a reason why their method worked for them but not the next person.

My Wii is below Lu64, it is NTSC-U, and it's firmware is 4.1. I have since updated my cios from Waninkoko to rev14. Just before getting this game I did the Hermes cios (v2.8D) installation people are talking of and also installed Uloader.

Wii stayed at 3.2u, always used crash's mod kits until Crash's mod kit v10 then I made the jump to 4.1u and after that I did the rev14 and recently the Hermes cios install. Here's more details. The wad people speak of you have to get from this game, I never installed and it works fine. I am loading from my HDD and haven't bothered trying a disc. I got my copy from wiisos. I am using USB Loader GX revision 717 (Uloader works too, which I can give details on my settings for it if needed).

When I recently used Hermes cios, I used the following guides exactly as instructed:
First I did exactly what this guide said: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223
Then I followed instructions from a certain person who helped me to get Monster Hunter Tri working and those instructions which I did next were the following and I quote:
"Loading from USB requires an IOS (222 or 223) installed with 36+37. The installer usually comes with the loader. I use uLoader; others freeze during character naming. Loading from a DVD requires IOS55+bugfix (install them in order). To load from Gecko (the only DVD loader that allows for character naming) you’ll need a DIP patched System Menu. I would recommend installing bootmii as a safety precaution first. For 3.0 to 3.3, you need IOS30. For 3.4, IOS50. For 4.0 and 4.1, it’s IOS60. If you have preloader installed, reinstall it after installing a DIP’d System Menu (hold reset while powering on the Wii, load HBC and reinstall). If you complain about a corrupt system file message without reinstalling preloader, I swear I’ll hate you into cancerhood.

Summary:
USB: CIOS. 36+37 IOS 222 or 223.
DVD: CIOS. 55+bugfix. 30 or 50 or 60 to load in Gecko."

I ignored a lot of it but the part on making it work with USB on 4.1, I did not ignore and followed those part of the steps. So when following those steps, I started up 222 install program again, as if I were going to follow the guide from http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 again and then used this part of the instructions I just pointed out that I had not ignored to do a the further steps.

My settings for USB Loader GX 1.0 rev 717 on this game only (not my global settings) are as follows:

Video Mode: Force NTSC
VIDTV Patch: Off
Game Language: English
Ocarina: Off
IOS: 223 (222 and 249 will flash the green screen then give the black screen, so maybe those can work with different settings?)
Parental Control: 0(Everyone)
Error 002 Fix: On
Patch Country Strings: Off
Alternate DOL: Off
DOL from disc: Off
Block IOS Reload: On

Again, I am mentioning all this in case there is something in this that makes a difference as to why what I have done works for me but maybe not someone else and thus maybe some people here can now get it to working for them also. If someone gets theirs working cause of this, maybe you can return the favor in helping me with a couple things on SSBB+ (Super Smash Brothers Brawl Plus). Also could use some help in getting english language in my copy of Monster Hunter Tri.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pro2oman said:
I got it running with 223 (the merged one)
game plays fine but sometimes during a song i get a lag like thing and and messes up the timing of the songs to the notes... its not like the iso is corrupted cuz i can play the song again and it plays fine but it some times randomly happens...

anyone having a this kind of issue?

thanks
Pro2oman
happened to me twice.

zelda54025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFTER HOURS OF RIPPING MY HAIR OUT TRYING TO GET THIS GAME TO WORK... I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT.

I browse GBAtemp all the time but never registered.

This thread made me register.

ANYWAYS I have a soft modded wii with 4.1U system menu.

I tryed everything even multicios to install the 37/37/249 and it would never install

I had to delete ios 249 with any title deleter and then go back to multicios and then install 37/37/249

worked like a charm.

I am now using backuploader to load the disc

JUST WANTED TO SHARE AND GIVE A BIG THANKS TO THE COMMUNITY HERE AT GBATEMP!!!!

I'll def be hanging out for awhile!!

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
zelda54025 said:
I tryed everything even multicios to install the 37/37/249 and it would never install

I had to delete ios 249 with any title deleter and then go back to multicios and then install 37/37/249

worked like a charm.

I am now using backuploader to load the disc

By installing to IOS249 you have replaced whatever cios you were using from waninkoko with the (much) older rev7 dip.
I would suggest installing waninkoko's custom IOS38 rev14 which will install into IOS249 and IOS250.
Then re-install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS248, that way you can load Guitar Hero 5 with SoftChip using IOS248, but still retain the benefits of having cios rev14 installed as IOS249.

I came across the issue of the cios install failing also.
But it happened to me when I was installing hermes cios222 v2 to replace hermes cios222 v3.
I had to use anytitle deleter to remove it before it would install as well (which is in no way related to getting the game loaded using SoftChip).

Venndettta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nubecoder said:
As long as you chose:
QUOTE said:
Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOSxxx
And in SoftChip select IOSxxx it should work.. (where IOSxxx == the IOS you chose to install as).
Check the update list I posted above against the IOS you have installed on your system. It might help to solve your problem.

Note: the multi-cios installer is kind of funky to use.
Use the D-pad to control what you are installing...
Left / Right on the D-pad chooses the IOS you are installing as in my case I chose IOS248 (left once).
Up / Down on the D-pad chooses the custom IOS and IOS rev7 dip (down 3 times will result in IOS37 with IOS37).

So to make is super easy:
  • Load the multi-cios installer using HBC.
  • Press LEFT once to select to install as IOS248.
  • Press DOWN three times to select to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip.
  • Press A to install.
  • Load SoftChip using HBC.
  • Press + to select to use IOS248.
  • Enable the 002 error patch (I verified this is required).
  • Press A to load game.
  • Rock out with your **** out!
I guess I should add that if you want DS link-ability you will need to have IOS56 installed, preferably the one that comes with the game (IOS56-64-v5146).
But people have reported it working on older versions of IOS56 as well.

This worked for me. Thanks!

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pro2oman said:
for me it occurs randomly.... as in sometime it will happen when playing a song and another time the same song plays just fine,

havent been keeping track of what song it has happened on

ahh so i'm not really crap at it. lol
i noticed it was missing notes too, i just thought i wasnt hitting the button hard enuff cos on sum songs its bit awkward until i noticed it on the long stream of notes and it was skipping em

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FOR ALL GX USERS:
The implementation of IOS 222/223 loading is buggy!
Sometimes starting a game using IOS 222 or 223 ends in a black screen.

Use USB Loader CFG 41 with IOS 223 V3 and your GH5 will work.
Take a look on http://gwht.wikidot.com/ for installing USB Loader CFG and IOS 222/223.

mamumami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is takinng tooooooooo long. where is the multi-cios installer file. i cant find it anywhere. that rapidshare link is corrupted.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Narolez said:
FOR ALL GX USERS:
The implementation of IOS 222/223 loading is buggy!
Sometimes starting a game using IOS 222 or 223 ends in a black screen.

Use USB Loader CFG 41 with IOS 223 V3 and your GH5 will work.
Take a look on http://gwht.wikidot.com/ for installing USB Loader CFG and IOS 222/223.

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't even try! My screen doesn't even have this green flash and my HDD LED does not show any activity.

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a synch issue once the other night, while using USB Loader GX, out of the 6 or so songs I played that session.

I just played through 8 or so songs using Configurable USB Loader and had no synch issues.

I did change hard drives today though, and wasn't even able to get USB Loader GX working again (Black Screen).

Maybe Hermes CIOS222 / 223 loading is kind of buggy in USB Loader GX (as someone said earlier in the thread), but I'm not even sure what rev I'm using of USB Loader GX.

Just thought I'd mention it.. Maybe some people experiencing synch / skipping can try CFG Loader and see if it helps.

xess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok guys, everybody here is giving solutions to run it via USBloaders or backup loaders without modchips, but what about who has a chipped wii?(thats me). If i install the IOS56 Will i be able to run it straight from disc channel or gecko? Also, can i install the IOS via GeckoOS?
Then, can anyone confirm if the regular system update from the disc will take you to 4.something system menu? I don't want to leave my 3.3 wii =(

Thanks guys.

scizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ppl with mod chip have it easier heard u can run trough gecko 1.92

anyway i use softchip i did everything they said on the forum install 37 37 232 or 248 and run it still gives me the error exception: loctl error (DI_ReadID) anyone knows how to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2