Hardware Guitar Hero 3 buttons

Nanu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the other day I was bored and felt like playing some Guitar Hero 3. I hadn't played it in a good 3 months, so I was a little rusty.

I started playing and noticed I was doing particularity bad, but I assumed that it was just because I hadn't played in a while.

Later I noticed that the game actually wasn't reading my button presses, but sometimes it did. It would go for a few seconds where it would read them and then a few second where it wouldn't.

So, is there any fix to this? I bought the game a little over a year ago, when it first came out. Any help would be appreciated.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Your guitar is failing. I had the same issue with my GH3 guitar on the Xbox. The buttons will go unresponsive and cut out from time to time, and it just gets worse and worse. I ended up having to trash my guitar because 3 of the 5 buttons would cut out every time I pressed them.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You threw away a perfectly good controller
frown.gif
. Majority of the time the buttons not responding is due to the crappy cheap neck connection. Get rid of the crap connection method and hard wire it instead and you should have no more problems. If the wii controller uses same crap as 360 one , then same solution for you nanu , hard wire it and it should spring back to life
smile.gif

Nanu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, can someone link me to a page which teaches me how to hardwire it? And if/when I do hardwire it, what are the chances of it breaking again?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
You threw away a perfectly good controller
frown.gif
. Majority of the time the buttons not responding is due to the crappy cheap neck connection. Get rid of the crap connection method and hard wire it instead and you should have no more problems. If the wii controller uses same crap as 360 one , then same solution for you nanu , hard wire it and it should spring back to life
smile.gif

Err actually the neck connection wasn't the problem -- I opened up the neck piece and found that the rubber under the buttons were wearing incredibly thin and when pressed, instead of depressing the area it's supposed to, the rubber was just drooping.

However if the rubber inside the neck is fine, then I'd suggest hardwiring. I'm sure there's a diagram somewhere at ScoreHero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...