Should this Thread be Stickied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah there soldier. No one's generalizing anything, what do you think we are, SJWs?

Seriously though, I'm just, as you said, saying what works for me and what should work. Nothing that I said was incorrect. People shouldn't expect us to tell them exactly what will work, considering how many variables there are.
Sorry I quoted wrong post. I constantly read posts quoting absolutes like:

"No need to self host"
"Self hosting is the only way"
"If you're not getting 100% success launch then YOU are too stupid to make it work"

There are just too many variables to make any definitive claims on how an exploit/homebrew app should work for everyone by following this "single" step.

I try and list all possible scenarios when writing a guide or sharing my own experiences.

I came across that post above "no need to self host" and it caught me on a bad day.

Dko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Yep it was the card. I actually found another card lieing around. Only a 4gb, but it works. :)

I hope a general question isn't out of the question here.
I've tried just about everything I can find, and I keep hitting a road block of 'FSGetMountSource failed.'
Used guiformat my card at 64kb allocated size (it's only a 8gb micro, not sure of the make, I think SanDisk)
I have the SD card files copied directly from your download onto my card (wiiu being the only folder on the root directory)
Made sure the adapter for the card isn't in the locked position.
And finally I've tried both self hosting and the various sites.

Using the exploit works and get past the illuminati screen, but I can't get any homebrew to work.

I feel like it must be the card i'm using, but currently I have to way to test, but is there anything else that might cause this problem?
Bloody hell I just want to hack my Hyrule Warriors save, is that too much to ask? XD

Last edited by Dko,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Yep it was the card. I actually found another card lying around. Only a 4gb, but it works. :)

I hope a general question isn't out of the question here.
I've tried just about everything I can find, and I keep hitting a road block of 'FSGetMountSource failed.'
Used guiformat my card at 64kb allocated size (it's only a 8gb micro, not sure of the make, I think SanDisk)
I have the SD card files copied directly from your download onto my card (wiiu being the only folder on the root directory)
Made sure the adapter for the card isn't in the locked position.
And finally I've tried both self hosting and the various sites.

Using the exploit works and get past the illuminati screen, but I can't get any homebrew to work.

I feel like it must be the card i'm using, but currently I have to way to test, but is there anything else that might cause this problem?
Bloody hell I just want to hack my Hyrule Warriors save, is that too much to ask? XD
Hmmm, strange. Currently i'm using a 8GB Sandisk SDHC (Class 4) card, it works fine. I have it formatted with a 64k File cluster (Allocation size), and it works fine. But, since you're using a Micro, that may be the case.....oh, but wait, i have a 32gb Micro-sd card that i use from time to time. But, it looks like you solved it.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that GX2 almost always fails with the first SD card you try it with. It did for me too, but switching cards immediately fixed it and I've experienced it no other times, besides once but that was because the card was on exFAT.

hass007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dose this work
PNY Elite Performance 128 GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U3 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDX128U395-GE)

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States

leouxious

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm new to the WII U hacking scene so I started doing what the tutorial said and when I tried to use the launcher it marks "FSGetMountService failed" any help?

D

Deleted User

@leouxious
  • I get an Error Saying "MountFS Failed"; make sure your SD Card is inserted, Formated as Fat32, and is also not in ReadOnly mode!
Also , i don't really love this tutorial , these are simple ways to hack you Wii U .

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up