• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 701,112
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
I just bought a brand new metallic red vita from japan that shipped with 3.63 just a fyi. I figured it would be 3.61 but nope.
The newer Red Japan imports have been known to ship with 3.61 or higher for quite some time now. The Silver Japan import is also a known non-exploitable model.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes i knew that. That's why i said "I FIGURED IT WOULD BE 3.61"
There is literally no difference between 3.61 and 3.63 at this moment in time, which is why I'm always just used to saying "3.61 OR HIGHER". It could arrive on either, at the end of the day.

D

Deleted User

OP
I think you are missing my point. Never mind.
Yes, I did lol. Only just understood now. :P

You thought it would arrive on 3.61, but instead it arrived on 3.63, but I think I just misunderstood that because 3.61 and 3.63 aren't different in any way, hack-wise, so naturally, I thought you were just stating something obvious. Sorry for the confusion I had!

Reactions: ckylesworld1

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did lol. Only just understood now. :P

You thought it would arrive on 3.61, but instead it arrived on 3.63, but I think I just misunderstood that because 3.61 and 3.63 aren't different in any way, hack-wise. Sorry for the confusion I had!

Yes lol. I was expecting 3.61 which i knew i would update to 3.63 anyway. :) I just hadnt seen anyone say they were shipping with 3.63 already ;)
Great guide by the way. Very informative!! Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
so as far as we know all colored slim models come with 3.61 or higher
Not true. Most colored Slims were manufactured before 3.60 was even released, you're almost never going to find early brand new Slim colors with 3.61+ on them. There are only two colors, the silver and metallic red Slims, that are 100% guaranteed to be 3.61 or higher.

Any other slims you find with 3.61+ are either random flukes or not brand new, and it's usually the latter.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a brand new metallic red vita from japan that shipped with 3.63 just a fyi. I figured it would be 3.61 but nope.
misread this and thought you expected 3.61 but instead came with 3.60 :(
really dig that red vita
or maybe should I buy a fat one? there's still a red one here at my local store

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. Most colored Slims were manufactured before 3.60 was even released, you're almost never going to find early brand new Slim colors with 3.61+ on them. There are only two colors, the silver and metallic red Slims, that are 100% guaranteed to be 3.61 or higher.

Any other slims you find with 3.61+ are either random flukes or not brand new, and it's usually the latter.
ohh! ok damn and here I am passing up new ones in the box like an idiot :/ I've passed up 3 already thinking they would be on 3.61+

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted at least one on the newest firmware and really loved the red so I got it and am very happy I did. It is matte finish on front and dosent show fingerprints on the front like the shiny black ones.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
is it safe to do scan disk on mounted USB mass storage using vitashell?
because every time I plug the vita to the PC, windows always ask to scan the disk

and can we convert psp iso as bubble to played on vita?
there's some games I want to play that is not available on psn, and I hope I can play it directly from vita (not using adrenaline)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to do scan disk on mounted USB mass storage using vitashell?
because every time I plug the vita to the PC, windows always ask to scan the disk

and can we convert psp iso as bubble to played on vita?
there's some games I want to play that is not available on psn, and I hope I can play it directly from vita (not using adrenaline)
It's probably safe, it just runs a chkdsk on the drive and tries to see if there are any corrupted files or anything.

As to your second question, no. You'll have to use a PSP mode hack to play any PSP game on the Vita.

If it were on PSN, it'd be a different story, as you can install the PSP game pkg and transfer the legitimate license from a PSP/PS3 to your Vita.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably safe, it just runs a chkdsk on the drive and tries to see if there are any corrupted files or anything.

As to your second question, no. You'll have to use a PSP mode hack to play any PSP game on the Vita.

If it were on PSN, it'd be a different story, as you can install the PSP game pkg and transfer the legitimate license from a PSP/PS3 to your Vita.
if it's on PSN, I'll definitely buy it :)
the game is Crisis Core and unfortunately it's UMD only. so I guess I need to play it using adrenaline then

as for the first one, guess I need to scan the disk then
thanks

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On latest henkaku r8 is it safe to go into sleep mode while a game is still playing?

on henkaku r6, I ended up losing my tearaway (vitamin 2.0 dump) save when the save corrupted
just wondering if they ever fixed that

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
On latest henkaku r8 is it safe to go into sleep mode while a game is still playing?

on henkaku r6, I ended up losing my tearaway (vitamin 2.0 dump) save when the save corrupted
just wondering if they ever fixed that
It should be fine, AFAIK it stopped happening when r7 released. But there was a "hacky" fix for it for aggges now so if by chance it still happens, though I doubt it does (I haven't come across the issue at all myself, but maybe I'm just lucky)

from naughty places said:
1: Change the Time Format to 12-Hour Clock 2: Backup and delete "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat" file 3: Create a folder named "list.dat" Example "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat\"
Someone posted this a few days ago in the comments and it works for me. At long last, I don't need to exit the dungeon in Persona before going to sleep.

Reactions: Joe88

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am dying here. I got my vita, updated to 3.60, got henkaku, set up winscp to use the FTP and now nothing will work. After setting up FTP I downloaded my vpk file and attempted to move it over using FTP, it just tells me the file couldnt be found? I try to make a new folder for my VPK's using FTP, I get an error saying it couldnt create a new folder. So then I go out of my way to do the VHBL thing, I download QCMA, open it, put the vhbbl folder where it says to, place my game inside that, refresh the database, open content manager on the vita, copy the vhbl onto the vita from my computer, got o molecular shell and.... nothing. What am I doing wrong? FTP wont move files or let me create new folders and even copying the vhbl folder didnt do anything, nothing shows up on my molecularshell besides ux0: and the normal folders that were already there!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am dying here. I got my vita, updated to 3.60, got henkaku, set up winscp to use the FTP and now nothing will work. After setting up FTP I downloaded my vpk file and attempted to move it over using FTP, it just tells me the file couldnt be found? I try to make a new folder for my VPK's using FTP, I get an error saying it couldnt create a new folder. So then I go out of my way to do the VHBL thing, I download QCMA, open it, put the vhbbl folder where it says to, place my game inside that, refresh the database, open content manager on the vita, copy the vhbl onto the vita from my computer, got o molecular shell and.... nothing. What am I doing wrong? FTP wont move files or let me create new folders and even copying the vhbl folder didnt do anything, nothing shows up on my molecularshell besides ux0: and the normal folders that were already there!
Open Molecular Shell, hit "Start" and enable unsafe homebrew.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What demos are there left on The USA and EUR PSNs? I'm trying to install legit ARK bit tries locoroco and petz saddle and they dont come up on either pspllists or search button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1