• Start date
  • Views 700,886
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi, could you elaborate on this?
I don't have my PSTV with me right now, but isn't Package Installer only for below 3.20? hackinformer is currently down so I can't confirm it
Hackinformer isn't down on my end, but thank you for reminding me. I need to clarify this in the tutorial! :)

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Ok so my PSTV is on 3.20. What can I do? :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The latest firmware is only hackable for the PSP side of things. If you want to use the whitelist exploit, you need to be on 3.52 or below. The PSTV can actually ONLY be activated via a PS3 (if you don't wish to update to the latest FW). I suppose you could also try to install a demo using the PKG installer, but while it would install the demo, I'm not sure that it would activate it.

I have access to many PS3's. How am I supposed to hook up a PSTV to the PS3 though...?

EDIT: Found out how to do that with info from wololo

I also downloaded two PSP demo's that I'm hoping I can copy over the PBOOT files and get TN-V and VHBL running on each :D

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-19228

OP
When I try to use content manager to connect to PC it says that a system update is required even when the update blocker tool is running. I can communicate with the PS3 though. I don't get it.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
I have a question, how exactly are you supposed to transfer PSP ISOs and homebrew apps to play on the PSTV? It cant read a USB can it?

I would assume you use QCMA somehow but whenever I try to connect the Vita says it needs a system update.

"Q: Can I play PSP ISOs using this?
A: Yes! TN-V allows you to play them! Just place them in the TN-V savedata and transfer them to your vita!"

So yea, we need to be able to use QCMA with it. I don't understand why it says I need a system update though. >_<

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-19228

OP
Finally got PC to recognize. Had to shut down PSTV and change QCMA settings to "protocol selection manual" and version to "3.10" that coupled with having the vita update blocker running finally got me to be able to exchange files.

EDIT: Great now I'm getting "An error has occurred. (C0-14258-0)"

EDIT 2: Had to restart QCMA. Now I can browse.

WHAT AN ADVENTURE THIS IS!

EDIT 3: Just found out PSP demos do not work to transfer from PS3->Vita or TV. Apparently they were blocked due to older exploits. Downloading a couple retail games :)

Last edited by ,

jmonee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am trying to activate my lower version vita with a PS3. I didn't have a PSN account when I first activated my VITA, and I connected it to my computer using usb and ran QCMA. I rebooted and then logged in, but the username still says user0419 instead of my PSN account number, and I don't know how to reset the connection. I am using Mac OS X 10.11.2. Can someone please help. I"ve looked everywhere, and there is literally no help file or tutorial for this program.

Update: Nevermind. Reformatting the vita memory card fixed it.

Last edited by jmonee84,
D

Deleted-19228

OP
My PSTV says UserXXXX as well... I don't think that matters.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally copying retail games to the PSTV. Then to PC so I can edit it and back to PSTV. All because we can't add stuff straight to it. Lol :)

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
My Slim on 3.55 has my correct PSN username when I hook it up via qCMA using Mac OS X or Windows, whereas my Phat on 3.18 just has a generic user ID. My guess would be because it never properly logs into PSN like the Slim does. Not a huge issue, doesn't affect anything.

jmonee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone elaborate on this part? Put in subject: ux0:Pspemu/PSP/GAME/Basegame's TITLE ID/PBOOT.PBP . What is the Basegame's TITLE ID? I put the title of the game, but it didn't do anything.

EDIT: Saw that this had to be a PSP game, and I had put a VITA one. Bought an inexpensive PSP game and am going to try that.

EDIT2: No luck. Can someone please tell me what TITLE ID refers to?

Ok, the Vita Email Exploit Program is glitchy, and didn't send the file as an image. After hours of searching, I just downloaded the file and sent it with Thunderbird. I also eventually figured out the TITLE ID from other things, but as a newbie to PSP and VITA hacking this needs a lot more explanation. I'm familiar with the DS hack scene, but even so this was not understandable.

Last edited by jmonee84,

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to use content manager to connect to PC it says that a system update is required even when the update blocker tool is running. I can communicate with the PS3 though. I don't get it.

In addition to having the program running, you have also changed the proxy settings on the PSTV, right? If so, try fully rebooting the PSTV. Update nags are stored in RAM, and once they appear, they won't go away until you reboot.

Edit: just saw you fixed this :P

I have a question, how exactly are you supposed to transfer PSP ISOs and homebrew apps to play on the PSTV? It cant read a USB can it?

You can use insert the games/homebrew into the savedata for your exploit and transfer via QCMA. Typically, you'd do that to install an FTP server onto the PSTV, then just transfer files from your PC to the console via FTP.

Last edited by bache,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone elaborate on this part? Put in subject: ux0:Pspemu/PSP/GAME/Basegame's TITLE ID/PBOOT.PBP . What is the Basegame's TITLE ID? I put the title of the game, but it didn't do anything.

EDIT: Saw that this had to be a PSP game, and I had put a VITA one. Bought an inexpensive PSP game and am going to try that.

EDIT2: No luck. Can someone please tell me what TITLE ID refers to?

Ok, the Vita Email Exploit Program is glitchy, and didn't send the file as an image. After hours of searching, I just downloaded the file and sent it with Thunderbird. I also eventually figured out the TITLE ID from other things, but as a newbie to PSP and VITA hacking this needs a lot more explanation. I'm familiar with the DS hack scene, but even so this was not understandable.
it's PSP game id, something like ULUS12345
to find out what is your game id, copy your PSP game using QCMA, and open the folder where the game is saved. the game id should be somewhere in the folder path

Edit. oops apparently you've already figured out yourself

Last edited by Garou,

jmonee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Garou. I figured it out fairly quickly, but the vita mail exploit program didn't work properly and it took me a long time to realize that the initial exploit hadn't been setup. I ultimately had to use Thunderbird. For future reference, it would be helpful if the OP gave a bit more information to help people like me, as the web is mostly full of a lot of outdated forum posts and youtube videos. It would be nice to have something that stays current and with a full explanation.

D

Deleted User

OP
I ultimately had to use Thunderbird. For future reference, it would be helpful if the OP gave a bit more information to help people like me, as the web is mostly full of a lot of outdated forum posts and youtube videos. It would be nice to have something that stays current and with a full explanation.
I did happen to use Thunderbird in the tutorial, but I gave my friend @RazorX2014 editing priveliges to the guide because I knew he had an alternative method to Thunderbird. Sorry it was too hard to follow. :)
I will try to make amendments where I can.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I was using Patapon 2 for the quikrazor87 3.50 TN-V bubble exploit but switched to Arcade Darts so I could free up some space as I never play the exploit game and Arcade Darts is 22MB or so versus Patapon 2's 383MB or so. Works just the same except it boots up with a minis logo. Never did get Numblast to work for this particular exploit.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Guys, I don't know if you're aware, but I might have cracked Vita piracy!

Someone PM me if they want to test an install package for me! :)

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use the PKG installer to install the Unity 1.05/6 PKG file. (using QCMA)
How do I access the Package Installer? I tried sending myself the email containing <a href="psgm:open?titleid=NPXS10031">OPEN PKG INSTALLER</a> , but when I open the email, I can only see plan text. In this video, I see the guy just tap something and bring up Package Installer like it's an app on his LiveArea screen. Can I make it where I can do that, too?

Reactions: Vlad_78
D

Deleted User

OP
How do I access the Package Installer? I tried sending myself the email containing <a href="psgm:open?titleid=NPXS10031">OPEN PKG INSTALLER</a> , but when I open the email, I can only see plan text. In this video, I see the guy just tap something and bring up Package Installer like it's an app on his LiveArea screen. Can I make it where I can do that, too?
Send a message through Gmail. All you have to do is place the following link into the text:

"pgsm:open?titleid=NPXS10031." (without quotation marks)
MAKE SURE IT'S A LINK!!!

The full stop at the end is very important!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.